Question Series I: WWE Hall of Fame

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Spare me your pitiful attempts at sarcasm, the fact remains that I refuted your statement about him only ever jobbing. Besides, how many people can claim a win over Hogan in any form from 1984 to 1990?

Ohhhh wow Randy attacks hogan and costs him the match. What a great victory

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ohhhh wow Randy attacks hogan and costs him the match. What a great victory

A win is a win, that's all that matters.

So, back to the topic at hand, Randy, Lanny and their father did more than enough to get into a sham WWE HoF, so they should be there, end of story. You can disagree all you want son, but you'll be wrong every single time.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
A win is a win, that's all that matters.

So, back to the topic at hand, Randy, Lanny and their father did more than enough to get into a sham WWE HoF, so they should be there, end of story. You can disagree all you want son, but you'll be wrong every single time.

Ok fuji tell me a championship that lanny has won and/or a major he's had in WWF then I'll agree with you

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ok fuji tell me a championship that lanny has won and/or a major he's had in WWF then I'll agree with you

Why are we just talking about Lanny though? It's the whole Poffo family. And :lol: at championships mattering. If that's the case then Abdullah shouldn't be in the HoF either. And as for a "glorified jobber" one could argue that Leaping Lanny deserves to be in there just as much as Koko B Ware does.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Koko doesn't deserve to be in there

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wait... Are we baising this on wwe's perspective or out perspective

Even if its based on WWE's perspective there's no argument against the Poffo family being inducted.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
1. How big of an honor do you consider the WWE Hall of Fame?
Not that big of an honor anymore. It now seems that they're inducting people who will sell the event rather than the people who deserve to be inducted.

2. Does it ruin the Hall of Fame's prestige to induct non-WWE competitors, those like Abdullah The Butcher and Nick Bockwinkel, or is it only fair?
No, it should be open to all wrestlers.

3. Thoughts on celebrity inductees?
I'm against it. The Hall Of Fame should be reserved for people who worked in the business and put in the effort to receive a spot in the HOF. People like Mike Tyson, imo, are not deserving.

4. Who goes in next year, in your opinion?
I feel that Tommy Dreamer is deserving of a spot. He did a lot for ECW and hardcore wrestling as a whole. His angles were a huge part of ECW getting the exposure that they did. He is a true hardcore legend.

5. Do you believe Chris Benoit has earned a spot in the Hall of Fame?
I do believe he has, but he's not going to be inducted for obvious reasons.

6. Do you think there's a reason Randy Savage never got posthemously inducted, while even lesser stars such as Mike Graham and Peter Maivia got in the year of their deaths?
I think that it would be the personal differences between him and Vince. He is far more worthy than some members such as Maivia who never really did much for wrestling outside of Hawaii.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Lanny did nothing in WWF except job

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

He held the title in the ICW. He was actually quite a big star there. He fought alongside Randy and even against him. Even in the WWE, he had a bit of popularity.

Don't you remember The Genius?

Finally, let's take a look at your comment that he 'did nothing in the WWF but job'. Oh, hey, wait, didn't you just fill out this questionnaire saying it didn't take away any prestige from the WWE HoF if they never wrestled in the WWE? Okay, going on that, does it suddenly take prestige away if they were a star in a different brand but not so much in the WWE? I thought the HoF was to honour wrestlers who did something for wrestling, even if they didn't do anything in the WWE? This is according to your own answer. Lanny, though, was obviously in the WWE but he wasn't as popular as he used to be in ICW.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

He held the title in the ICW. He was actually quite a big star there. He fought alongside Randy and even against him. Even in the WWE, he had a bit of popularity.

Don't you remember The Genius?

Finally, let's take a look at your comment that he 'did nothing in the WWF but job'. Oh, hey, wait, didn't you just fill out this questionnaire saying it didn't take away any prestige from the WWE HoF if they never wrestled in the WWE? Okay, going on that, does it suddenly take prestige away if they were a star in a
different brand but not so much in the WWE? I thought the HoF was to honour wrestlers who did something for wrestling, even if they didn't do anything in the WWE? This is according to your own answer. Lanny, though, was obviously in the WWE but he wasn't as popular as he used to be in ICW.

Ok fine