PWInsider: Bodhi Hayward, Sloane Jacobs, Erica Yan, Damaris Griffin & Ru Feng released this morning

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
According to PWInsider, five talents who were a part of the NXT brand are no longer with WWE after being released. Those names are Bodhi Hayward, Sloane Jacobs, Erica Yan, Damaris Griffin and Ru Feng.

Bodhi was regularly featured on NXT TV as a member of Chase U. He was part of the core three in the group alongside Andre Chase and Thea Hail.

Sloane Jacobs is 19 years of age and last wrestled on TV in July in a Battle Royal to determine a number one contender to the NXT Women’s Championship.

Erica Yan hails from China and she began her in-ring career in late 2021. She’s had a total of 12 matches since then.

The 26-year-old Damaris Griffin competed on NXT Level Up and has wrestled in four matches since April.

Ru Feng has been in the WWE system since 2021. He wrestled on NXT TV and ‘205 Live’ on multiple occasions against the likes of Tony D’Angelo, Solo Sikoa, Trick Williams and Roderick Strong.

Good....Triple H still knows how to trim the fat.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Unless you in your 40s, these releases are basically "go travel around and learn some new holds and maybe we'll have something for you in the future".

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

FIVE TALENTS RELEASED FROM WWE NXT THIS MORNING​

By Mike Johnson on 2022-11-01 12:02:00
PWInsider.com has confirmed WWE NXT releases are currently underway and have confirmed the following talents are no longer with World Wrestling Entertainment.

-Bodhi Hayward, who had been seen most recently in Andre Chase University and was a standout in those vigettes with his facial reactions. He was apparently written off TV with the storyline being Duke Hudson has taken him out.

-Sloane Jacobs - 19 year old talent from PA who had worked the independent scene as The Notorious Mimi before signing with NXT in March 2022. The Monster Factory trainee had appeared on NXT in the Women's Breakout tournament earlier this year as well as Level Up. She worked the NXT live events over the weekend.

-Erica Yan - Originally from Shanghai, China, Yan signed last year and began appearing on NXT TV in late 2021. She last wrestled for the brand in September 2022.

-Damaris Griffin, a 26 year old talent from Texas who made several appearances on NXT Level Up. He had not even been wrestling for a year with the company.

-Ru Feng, who signed a WWE NXT deal a year ago after being scouted in China had made appearances on 205 Live and NXT TV in an enhancement role.

Should we confirm any additional names, we will update accordingly.

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
I blame Duke Hudson for Bodhi's release. It's no coincidence that after Duke joins Chase U Bodhi is gone. (joking)

Actually, now that I think about it Bodhi was "missing" last week, right? So was his release planned awhile back and they decided to insert Duke with the plan to lose Bodhi? Sucks that he was released.

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I blame Duke Hudson for Bodhi's release. It's no coincidence that after Duke joins Chase U Bodhi is gone. (joking)

Actually, now that I think about it Bodhi was "missing" last week, right? So was his release planned awhile back and they decided to insert Duke with the plan to lose Bodhi? Sucks that he was released.
possible on the latter, from what ive seen we are at the 6 months ish mark for the last nxt cuts, so seems you need to show progress in that time or likely you will be cut

Reactions: Stellar

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I thought about that too, he wasn't there last week but they had an angle going about it seemingly

Notorious Mimi will probably just be back on Dark like she was before, idk about the rest I think they were PC recruits so they might not even stay in the business

Reactions: Stellar

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I thought about that too, he wasn't there last week but they had an angle going about it seemingly

Notorious Mimi will probably just be back on Dark like she was before, idk about the rest I think they were PC recruits so they might not even stay in the business
oh one of those is mimi? look forward to see her on dark again, then. not that surprising on her case though, she's not very far along in the ring imo

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
oh one of those is mimi? look forward to see her on dark again, then. not that surprising on her case though, she's not very far along in the ring imo

Sloane Jacobs, not particularly great but fun to watch nonetheless

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I feel bad for Erica Yan honestly, she's cut and basically impossible to get a visa in her situation unless someone takes a big gamble on her. And China's wrestling scene is non-existent so she's probably done

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Per Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live, there is apparently more to the story behind Hayward's release

"All I will say, because I don't know all of the details, but there was stuff going on," Alvarez said. "I guess the easiest way to describe it is apparently Bodhi was a handful. So it wasn't just 'well, let's get rid of this guy' or whatever. But I did hear from multiple people that it wasn't just 'we're gonna cut some folks, we're gonna cut this person who was right in the middle of a storyline.' There was more to Bodhi's story. That's really all I can say because I don't know what the more is. But you know, you got a bunch of guys and whatever and they're in Florida and there's a loop and god only knows what can happen."

Alvarez said that he presumed that the other releases were because they were not improving. He also stated that yesterday he heard that there were six releases so it's possible that one name has not gotten out yet.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That tracks since he was the only one on TV regular, very curious now but we probably won't even hear anymore cause no one will care after a few days

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Never trust those guys in their 30s going to university.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
It's too bad it didn't work out for the ones that got cut. Aside from the Chase U guy none of them did a damn thing so it isn't a loss. Best to all of them in their future endeavors.

As much that Bohdi Heyward guy could be missed all they need to do is take some other NXT Jobber and make them the new Teachers Pet character.