News PWI officially drops TNA title from list of world titles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I think you're spot on about Hogan. He convinced her that he was someone who he wasn't. By coming out and claiming that he taught Vince McMahon how to run the WWF, he was able to pull the wool over her eyes. Upon Hogan's arrival is when Jarrett's influence took a severe dive and also where the product started to suffer. Bischoff destroying the 6 sided ring on TV was a great sign of this.

I can't really blame Dixie for being taken in by Hogan and Bischoff. She doesn't really have roots in the business and Hogan's name likely seemed good to bank on at the time. Bischoff did run WCW successfully for a short period of time, but he mortgaged the future of the company for short term gain and it seemed like he was trying to take TNA on that path as well.

I admit I am biased towards Jarrett, since I am a huge fan of the guy. But I am not claiming he's a promotional genius or anything. Still, he grew up in the business and he grew up the son of a promoter, so his instincts as a behind the scenes promoter were likely better than she would have. But oh well. I hope she can still succeed. Even though I've lost my enthusiasm for TNA, I think it still needs to be around and I don't like watching people (not named Hulk Hogan) fail. But I was only able to get through a small portion of the show yesterday... when the guy in the four way match started knocking other guys down with his beer belly, that was the end of it for me.

Fortunately, I was such a big fan of TNA that when it started I taped all the weekly PPVS and the Fox Sports Channel show and bought all the Spike TV episodes off iTunes. It's fun to go back and watch TNA in what I consider its glory days
lol. You and your sister are so adorable. It's so cute that we're all from the same city. Annnways, it was fun reading this because this is how I feel mostly. Maybe deep down inside Dixie knows these things and it troubles her which is why she is trying to mend fences with Jeff. It would be a beautiful story for things to be made right again but sadly it may never be. :confused: We learn from our mistakes and become warmer, better people for this. If I had a magic wand, it would be easy to make things better for her. With people leaving her left and right I can't imagine where she's getting the strength to keep going.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
lol. You and your sister are so adorable. It's so cute that we're all from the same city. Annnways, it was fun reading this because this is how I feel mostly. Maybe deep down inside Dixie knows these things and it troubles her which is why she is trying to mend fences with Jeff. It would be a beautiful story for things to be made right again but sadly it may never be. :confused: We learn from our mistakes and become warmer, better people for this. If I had a magic wand, it would be easy to make things better for her. With people leaving her left and right I can't imagine where she's getting the strength to keep going.

Thanks! We both appreciate that, I am sure.

I think I agree with you about the feeling bad and mending fences comments. I think that the apology speech that Dixie gave at the beginning of Impact the other day wasn't just her onscreen character speaking. I think it was likely the real her as well.

With what has been going on in TNA, I can understand that it must be overwhelming for her and she definitely doesn't deserve all of that upheaval, regardless of how I felt about her with the Jeff Jarrett situation. I honestly think, though, that with everything like it was and with Jeff coming back for the KOTM match, it spoke a lot to both of them. I don't think there will be permanent hard feelings there.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Thanks! We both appreciate that, I am sure.

I think I agree with you about the feeling bad and mending fences comments. I think that the apology speech that Dixie gave at the beginning of Impact the other day wasn't just her onscreen character speaking. I think it was likely the real her as well.

With what has been going on in TNA, I can understand that it must be overwhelming for her and she definitely doesn't deserve all of that upheaval, regardless of how I felt about her with the Jeff Jarrett situation. I honestly think, though, that with everything like it was and with Jeff coming back for the KOTM match, it spoke a lot to both of them. I don't think there will be permanent hard feelings there.
I hope this is true.