PWG: TEN - August 9th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
You ever listen to his AOW episode? It's pretty much what changed my mind on him since I think it was before I had a DVD with him on it.

On a side note, what do you guys think the odds of Joey Ryan showing up at this show are? Candice is in an multi person tag, seems like a perfect time for Joey to drop in.

I actually haven't but since I'm subscribed to it, I'll go listen to the episode in a bit. I hope it changes my mind as well.

Fuck, I'd mark so hard. Agreed that it's the perfect opportunity for them to bring him in and really pop the crowd.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Castiel

Reaction score
Davey Richards is unable to make it so Brian Cage's new opponent by popular demand is Tony Nese! Is this how PWG gains [MENTION=79]Sabretooth[/MENTION] as a fan?!

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I was in the middle of keeping this updated as PWG announced it last night but I ended up falling asleep. Full card now in the OP and damn is it ever beautiful! As the biggest mark for them ever, London & Kendrick back in PWG makes me cry tears of joy! But obviously the biggest return is the greatest woman in wrestling, Candice LaRae!
Meh. TBK > Londrick.

Castiel

Reaction score
THE Brian Kendrick is probably my favorite character to come around in the last 10 years but London & Kendrick together is awesome! Especially at this point in their careers, PWG doesn't need them as main eventers or anything. I'm pumped for this!

Reaction score
Can't help but feel they're overkilling Guerrilla Warfare BTW. 3rd one in the space of a year?

Welcome to PWG, where EWR comes to life. PWG has a couple of matches that get major reactions (Guerrilla Warfare and ladder), so they whore them out every chance they get.

Castiel

Reaction score
Since it was probably before I was a fan, when was the last ladder match before Steen vs Generico?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I thought there had only been 3 ladder matches in PWG's history, Lost/Ryan, Steen/Generico and the three-way with the Bucks, SSB and Future Shock.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I thought there had only been 3 ladder matches in PWG's history, Lost/Ryan, Steen/Generico and the three-way with the Bucks, SSB and Future Shock.

Correct. They don't whore it out as much as Guerrilla Warfare although 3 of the 4 matches have happened in the last 2 years.

Castiel

Reaction score
I've never seen the Lost/Ryan ladder match, but yeah it seems just as of late they're capitalizing on the success of ladder matches.

Reaction score
I've never seen the Lost/Ryan ladder match, but yeah it seems just as of late they're capitalizing on the success of ladder matches.

They're not really in a building that's great for such gimmick matches. I imagine most of their time in Reseda, I doubt they even thought they could do a ladder match.

Castiel

Reaction score
Definitely, I remember when Steen/Generico was announced I wasn't even sure how it could happen in Reseda... then they broke the ceiling. So yeah.

Castiel

Reaction score
A bit late on this news but Joey Ryan will indeed be returning at TEN! Even better, he will team with Peter Avalon and Ryan Taylor to take on the team of Candice LaRae, Willie Mack and B-Boy! It's weird that I'm equally as excited to see Peter Avalon back.

Castiel

Reaction score
1. Willie Mack, B-Boy & Candice LaRae over Joey Ryan, Peter Avalon & Ryan Taylor

2. Brian Cage over Tony Nese

3. The Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) over The Rockness Monsters (Johnny Yuma & Johnny Goodtime)

4. Michael Elgin over AR Fox

5. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor over Paul London & Brian Kendrick

6. Kyle O’Reilly over TJ Perkins

7. PWG champion Adam Cole over Drake Younger & Kevin Steen in a ‘Guerrilla Warfare’ match

8. In the three-way tag team ladder match The Young Bucks go over The Dojo Bros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) and The Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) to retain the PWG Tag Team titles

Postman Dave

Reaction score
No real surprises, any word on match quality?

Castiel

Reaction score
Oddly enough I can't find any full detailed reports from the show. The best I could find is a note that Scott Lost apparently interfered in the 6 man by giving Ryan Taylor an ace crusher on the apron which is pretty awesome!