• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Punk isn't a full babyface yet, maybe a tweener?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
I wouldn't say faces like it was the majority. Ziggler, Bryan and Punk are really the only ones who come to mind. The majority of faces are still very cookie cutter

Orton, Sheamus (he still smiles but the feuds with Henry and Sandow he has toed the line a bit more), Jericho attacking fellow faces...

Cena is the only one I can think of off the cuff that is still a cheesy fuck head. Oh, Miz, lol.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Orton, Sheamus (he still smiles but the feuds with Henry and Sandow he has toed the line a bit more), Jericho attacking fellow faces...

Cena is the only one I can think of off the cuff that is still a cheesy fuck head. Oh, Miz, lol.
Sheamus is still very cookie cutter to me, he's up there with Cena.

Dolph'sZiggler

I would rack my brain to come up with all of the non-2011 WWE Face type of stuff he's done, but I don't care that much. Even when he does do those things his goofy asshole smile counteracts it, so I can see why you don't want to acknowledge his minor shift in character.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
I would rack my brain to come up with all of the non-2011 WWE Face type of stuff he's done, but I don't care that much. Even when he does do those things his goofy asshole smile counteracts it, so I can see why you don't want to acknowledge his minor shift in character.
I mean all faces have a tendency to do heel things that a heel would, even Cena, who we can both agree is very cookie cutter is guilty of it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Well sure, but generally I look at the motive and logic behind it. Cena won't go out of his way to be a heel unless provoked by someone else's heelish actions, Sheamus was going about and attacking Henry/Sandow unprovoked. One example that comes to mind is him bitching out of the arm wrestling contest to cheap shot Henry, who was just trying to follow the rules of the arm wrestling. There were other examples like that int he Henry feud and its continued on to the Sandow feud.

They are definitely trying to make that a part of Sheamus' character IMO, much moreso than a guy like Cena.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Well sure, but generally I look at the motive and logic behind it. Cena won't go out of his way to be a heel unless provoked by someone else's heelish actions, Sheamus was going about and attacking Henry/Sandow unprovoked. One example that comes to mind is him bitching out of the arm wrestling contest to cheap shot Henry, who was just trying to follow the rules of the arm wrestling. There were other examples like that int he Henry feud and its continued on to the Sandow feud.

They are definitely trying to make that a part of Sheamus' character IMO, much moreso than a guy like Cena.

When Cena came in and got a match against Mysterio for the WWE Championship a second later after he won the title. There was no provoking there, but that imo was a very heel move. I'm sure there's other examples, but I don't feel like digging.

While Sheamus does have some heel actions I think that his face actions are so over bearing and plentiful he still fits into that cookie cutter mold. I mean every segment he's involved in is a big PG fun fest

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
That wasn't heelish, Cena was due a rematch and Rey agreed to it. If he had dragged him into the ring you'd have a point.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru

I think in some way, there is a logic that if you perform a heelish action against a heel (without toeing too far over the line, like assaulting his girlfriend/wife unprovoked or anything), it's acceptable because the heel is a douche and he 'had it coming.' I've always compared it to the way it's somehow OK for a baby face to use the title on a heel in a match so long as the heel tried to use the title first. If Del Rio brought the WHC into the ring, for example, and tried to nail Ziggler with it but Ziggler kicks him in the gut and then picks up the belt that Del Rio dropped and slams it into Del Rio's face and then pushes the title out of the ring and covers him for the pin, that's seen as acceptable (and plenty of faces have been guilty of it, including Cena)... Whereas if Ziggler was just frustrated he couldn't pin Del Rio and/or just wanted to finish him quicker so he went out to grab the title himself from the time keeper to put Del Rio away immediately, that would be seen as cowardly and cheating, or in other words, 'heelish.'

In some way, I think the way Sheamus often cheap shots heels is seen as the same type of logic because Sheamus doesn't really perform the same actions against fellow baby faces, only heels. Even if the heels don't wrong Sheamus first, there's that feeling they could or might (since they're heels and it's what they generally do) so Sheamus is just getting the first shot in.