Psy Gangnam Style

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan

Reaction score
The video for this just surpassed Baby for most viewed video on YouTube yesterday.

I'm glad this guy is seeing such success because whenever I see him on TV he seems like a genuine, down to Earth person. People who aren't self absorbed deserve to be successful.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ridiculous that in four months that video has managed to get 800+ million views. Everytime I think that it will start to slow down it just picks up again. I just like the fact that this guy is milking it for all that it is worth I would rather see someone like this make it big rather than one of those musicians that looks down on people that sell more than 10 albums.

Ben

Reaction score
This is already starting to die down, by the end of January this guy will be forgotten about.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This is already starting to die down, by the end of January this guy will be forgotten about.

It is still moving at a decent pace and should be at 1 billion views by the end of the year. It will be impossible for him to follow up but if he saves his money this should set him up for life.

I look forward to seeing it, in eight years, on a best one hit wonders of the 2010's tv show.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Two years later, Psy joined several other performers in a concert, this one also protesting the United States and its military. He rapped a song titled “Dear American.” The song is not his – the original is by South Korean metal band N.EX.T – but here are the lyrics, in English and in Korean, in case any readers would like to suggest a better translation:

싸이 rap : 이라크 포로를 고문해 댄 씨발양년놈들과
고문 하라고 시킨 개 씨발 양년놈들에
딸래미 애미 며느리 애비 코쟁이 모두 죽여
아주 천천히 죽여 고통스럽게 죽여

Kill those —— Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives
Kill those —— Yankees who ordered them to torture
Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law, and fathers
Kill them all slowly and painfully

Fuck this guy.

Most of you will agree with his 2004 position though.

I just think he's a spineless, yellow fuck for backpedaling and apologizing. He doesn't want the stupid, dull-eyed, cash-producing American gravy train to stop.

In his apology, PSY said his performance had been emotionally charged and was a response to events in the war in Iraq.
Psy: Growing up 'Gangnam Style'
"I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world," he said in a statement.

He said the song "was part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two Korean schoolgirls that was part of the overall anti-war sentiment shared by others around the world at that time."

See, it's not his fault. He was just emotional about the Iraq War. He's just an artist, so what he said is okay.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
NEWSFLASH! There are musicians that make anti-american albums, that live in America, or did everyone forget about all those bands like System of a Down, Ministry, or The Dixie Chicks durring Bush's stint as President, or Rage Against the Machine in the 90's.

Music is an art style, art is open to expression. If Psy was truely upset about the senseless killing of 2 korean girls, all the power to him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The only reason he back pedalled is because of the money on offer which is a bit weak, he should have stood by what he said. What he was upset about was fair enough but he should have just explained his reasons now and stuck by it.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't fault him for being upset about 2 girls being killed. I do however fault him for backing out like that. Always seemed like a happy guy though. So hopefully this doesn't cause any kind of hate.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I wish the US would pull out of South Korea. Every swingin' dick.

How fast the grateful Korean people would be screaming their heads off begging us to come back would be hilarious, lol.

Fuck PSY. Our post turtle president shook his hand, so he obviously admires and consents to Psy's leftist and hateful ideologies.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
So one song makes him a terrorist is basically what you're saying. Forget the other musicians that have been mentioned to do this kind of stuff. The Dixie Chicks did this shit pretty much throughout their entire careers. They must be terrible people too. Get over it.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
So one song makes him a terrorist is basically what you're saying. Forget the other musicians that have been mentioned to do this kind of stuff. The Dixie Chicks did this shit pretty much throughout their entire careers. They must be terrible people too. Get over it.

The Dixie Chicks never directly advocated the slow killing of US troops and their families.

I didn't call him a terrorist, Eh..

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Nice little shit at Canadians there bud, you're certainly not doing a good job representing America. He's apologized. It was most likely a heat of the moment kind of thing. You're getting mad over literally nothing.