Psy Gangnam Style

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[YOUTUBE]9bZkp7q19f0[/YOUTUBE]​

I am sure that everyone on the forum has seen this music video from the South Korean rapper. It has taken over the world in the past two months and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It has now had 336 million views and it has topped the charts in a dozen countries already including Australia and the UK. It may even get to number one in the US this week, it was number two last week but is on track for the top spot.

I think that it is fantastic that something like this can become so big. I like the sense of humour involved and the fact that the guy doesn't take himself so seriously is refreshing from a musician.

How big can this video get? It has 336 millions views in just two months but is still 450 million viewers short of Justin Bieber's Baby which is by far the most viewed clip on Youtube. Can it catch Baby?

Do you like the song/clip?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Love the song and clip, hilarious. The new Macarena really..

He's been getting crazy radio plays lately.. They've even stated they may get him to do a World Tour due to popularity.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
My avatar good sir.

Also, I do enjoy the song, every now and then, but it is getting a little overrated. I requested it at my cousins wedding on Saturday. Nobody was on the dance floor, so when it started going, I was going ham with Gangnam Style. :p

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I think this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. This should have been in the same boat as Rebecca Black. Yeah it was fun to make fun of but that was weeks ago. It's popularity comes from people ironicly liking it and unfortunately it's overstayed it's welcome due to people actually liking it as a dance song. This isn't exactly a meme since the guy is actually an artist but it should have stayed a viral video and never been allowed to cross over.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The song is campy but is meant to mean something about materialism.

New Right Said Fred.

TKK

Reaction score
I heard this while, in the barbers last Thursday. I was singing along and blurted the lyrics, 'Ayyyyye Sexy Lady', to a fifty-five year old Russian female barber. Very, very awkward.

TKK

Reaction score
Admit it, you have a thing for your barber. You obviously scream at her ass.

After the haircut she gave me, I certainly have a thing for the way she holds a scissors. Not sure if it was worth 12.50, but I think she added 2.50 for the sexual harassment.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Gangnam is the richest area of Seoul. So in a way, yes... he clearly does take himself seriously.

And the goofiness is just a staple of eastern entertainment. It's really not even that different than most stuff over there, particularly South Korea and Japan. It's just choreographed better. The guy's just a one hit wonder though. He's been around for a decade. He'll be forgotten by 2013.

Pete

Reaction score
Heard this for the first time yesterday. Mistake - it stuck in my head within 0.4 of a femtosecond!

According to Wikipedia, the song is a parody of "wannabes" who lie and say they're from Gangnam. Kind of like some poser from London saying he's from Chelsea.

Pete

Reaction score
HEEEEEEEY SEXY LAY DEEEEEH!
OH OH OH OH OH OH
OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just listened to this yesterday and really don't see the big deal. I mean, it's a fun little song, but it didn't really get stuck in my head or anything. Wasn't very catchy to me, don't really see how it got as popular as it did.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Did you watch the clip as well or just listen to the song? It is one of those songs where the clip makes it ten times better. I have heard it on the radio a few times but it doesn't have anywhere near the impact without the clip.

It has now been viewed 405 million times on Youtube, it is flying towards Baby by Justin Bieber. It was number two on the US charts last week, behind One More Night by Maroon 5, but it is on track to be crowned number one this week.