Previous Impact Previews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Re: UWF Commerical Free Impact Part II - The King of the Ring Semi-Finals!

Can't say that I'm too surprised that D'Von lost, but I'll allow that to slide seeing that the D'Von/Angle match kicked ass! Not sure if it was because I'm in it but I was pretty into the whole match. Oh well nice to see WWS advance, but let's see him take on my boy Dexter and his Aries. ;)

Good to see another match added to Bound For Glory. That's what, 18 matches now? Wow!

Killz

Reaction score

I mean, what can I say? Maybe this build has all been to just feed us to the champs but can I just say on a personal note, as a sort of veteran around here who hasn't really been treated correctly with titles and shots since I came back and who usually can't be trusted with main event shots - it's a pleasure to have gone 4-1 with a character and to have a shot at PPV for titles that mean something and it is humbling and truly appreciated that even though the booking has gone our way and against some other top class TT'ers that everyone has been respectful. I know CM_Punk is getting better with every TT, and after this run I'll be shooting him the pros and cons of his TT's, and I'm having a lot of fun playing James Storm. Hopefully we won't let the fed down as #1 contenders.

As far as shocks go this was a bit of a night for them...but at the same time maybe it's good that the faces that have dominated for 2 years or so don't always get the wins? Cwalker...Shane...these are guys who are 110% past the need for improvement and are just consistently the top trash talkers so giving others a shot and calling some upset wins might spread the field in the future? I'm not sure but it's definitely different to see. Roll on BFG.

Coldhands

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar

Congrats to Dexter, that was a great main event and I am liking the partnership with Mickie James. The TT between WWS and Dexter is going to be a good read.

Devon/Angle was another solid match, and the tag team match was entertaining to boot. At the risk of sounding slightly predictable, good job writing team.

P.S. can you open every show with that picture of Steph XD thanks!

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
UWF Impact Preview for 10/03/13

UWFImpactWrestlingBanner2_zps8c66924e.png

AND NOW UWF PRESENTS THE IMPACT PREVIEW FOR THE October 3rd, 2013 Show!

LIVE FROM THE ROGERS CENTRE IN TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA!

Rogers%20centre.jpg

Bound For Glory proved to be one of the greatest UWF PPV's of all time, with plenty of title changes and surprises happening all in one show. For Impact's side Kane and The Great Khali battled to a no contest for the Global Championship, Hassan and Otunga defeated The Facepaint Brigade in their final match for Impact, Juventud got a victory over Christian; winning the Intercontinental Championship; and Brock Lesnar ended the career of Manik as he took out Chris Sabin along with him. The only defeat for Impact was Aries losing a extremely hard fought battle against RAW's Kurt Angle. Now that the draft picks have officially taken place as of Monday, there will be plenty of fresh starts for most UWF Superstars, and new rivarlies wil be born. On Impact we will see the newest Impact Superstars appear live and they will show the world what they are made of!

Los Guerreros vs Mexicools
LosGuerrerosvsMexicools_zps9a6e0e04.png

In the opening match of post-Bound For Glory Impact, one of the drafted tag teams Los Guerreros will be squaring off against Impact original The Mexicools! Juventud has requested to be in his match, claiming that he feels larger than life after winning the Intercontinenal Title match against Christian. He will be teaming up against fellow Mexicool Pyschosis, one of the men who helped Juventud win the match, as they will be teaming up against The Los Guerreros. Eddie Guerrero is not too happy to have lost the match against Mr. Kennedy at Bound For Glory and will be looking to blow off some steam in this tag team match. Will the pride-filled Mexicools continue to gloat after their match or will The Los Guerrero's blow their preverbial bubble and cut their celebrations short?

CM Punk vs Jack Swaggar

CMPunkvsJackSwagger_zps8d10bcd4.png

Two new Impact Superstars will be wrestling on this week's edition of Smackdown as CM Punk will be taking on Jack Swagger. CM Punk has yet another controversy added to his resume as he no-showed for his UWF Championship match against Edge, which obviously costed him an opportunity for the World tite gold. His opponent for the week will be the newly signed Jack Swagger. Swagger was seen at the end of the Impact tag team match at Bound For Glory, and clearly he is trying to prove a point about something since he's being accompanied by Zeb Colter. Will CM Punk start his stairway to stardome once more or will Jack Swagger make an example out of CM Punk for what his goal is in the UWF?

UWF Commonwealth Championship Match:
Christian vs Hulk Hogan vs Rhino vs The UWF Global Champion, The Great Khali

UWFCommonwealthChampionship_zpsac07cdbf.png

I was unveiled earlier today that in celebration of the first UWF Impact show in Canada and Joseph Park wanting to get 3 singles championships on his brand, he unveiled the UWF Commonwealth Championship and in aid of celebrating such a momentous occasion he has booked four Superstars representing four different entities in entirely, including two from the Commonwealth itself. With Christian representing Canada, The Great Khali representing India, Rhino representing America and finally the Immortal Hulk Hogan representing Hulkamaniacs all around the world, what will happen when these four Superstars collide for the new championship this Thursday live?

Main Event: AJ Styles vs Kane

AJStylesvsKane_zpsf1dfd735.png

Bound For Glory proved to be one of the most spectacular nights for one of these superstars, and a complete nightmare for the other. AJ Styles has battled long and hard last night against champion Daniel Bryan, and he ultimatey came out on top! Not only has Styles won the match but he is also the NEW UWF World Champion! While the championship technically still stays on RAW, AJ Styles is now an offical Impact Superstar and will start to appear on a weekly basis on Impact. His first opponent? Probably the most pissed off monster in the UWF right now: Kane! Kane lost his match in a no contest against The Great Khali, and he's not too thrilled to see that result because he's not champion. AJ Styles definitely will have his work cut out for him as he will take on Impact original Kane in the main event of Impact this week!

WE WILL ALSO HEAR FROM...

AJ Styles:
On what is it like to win the UWF World Championship while being on Impact, and how we will juggle being on two different shows at the same time.

Juventud: On what is' like to be the first ever Intercontinenal Champion on Impact.

Christian: On his thoughts about getting 'screwed out' in the Intercontinental Championship match, and what his future plans are.

Austin Aries: Aries will close off the show this episode with an in-ring interview and will discuss his thoughts on King of the Ring and his future on Impact.

The Superstars who got drafted to Impact: Joseph Park is always on the hunt for new talent and constantly keeps an eye open for new opportunities, but opportunities only strike for those who put themselves out there. Anyone that is new to Impact (or anyone in general really) is encouraged to send in a promo to get their thoughts out there!

OOC:WWS had a hell of a time getting BFG up so he gave me the card for the week for me to write up and post. Not many matches planned for this week but the idea is to have all the drafted TT'er settle in so WWS and I can find a place for you on the show. Not sure if WWS meant to have the show this Thursday or next, but I'm putting it as next Thursday because I think we're both a bit burnt out after the crazy shit that went down at BFG. Peace all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Re: UWF Impact Preview for 10/03/13

Getting a good old school battle with Ben over here very excited with this one. Los Guerreros vs Mexicools super excited to see that match up. Lets get it orange brand.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
UWF Impact 10-3-13: AJ Styles vs Kane

Fans in the iMPACT zone are cheering when all of a sudden the lights go out the fans are wondering what is going on when all of a sudden

[video=youtube;Gj5r0No0o7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5r0No0o7g[/video]

Fans begin to cheer as "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles comes out as a single spotlight is on him. AJ Styles goes and he has his leather jacket zipped up. The fans cheer when all of a sudden AJ zips down his jacket, to reveal the World Heavyweight Championship. The fans cheer like crazy as AJ smiles and the arena brightens up. AJ goes, and does his trademark pose with his football gloves spelling AJ. AJ goes down the ramp giving various fans high fives, and handshakes as AJ goes down the ramp. AJ approaches the ring apron, and he enters the ring. AJ is given a microphone, and AJ begins to speak to the fans.

i3yRqP4.png

AJ Styles: Impact the Phenomenal AJ Styles is here... and not only that I am here as the UWF World Heavyweight champion!

fans cheer like crazy as AJ looks around and he smiles. AJ goes as he begins to speak towards the fans

AJ Styles: It was a long road to get this belt, and Daniel Bryan put me through hell in our match at Bound for Glory. I got to admit I am a little bit sore after that match, but it dosen't matter how much pain, how much sweat, how much blood, and how much tears I spelt in this ring. This right here was all worth it, and let me tell you guys I am going to make sure that Impact becomes one of the greatest, if not the BEST brand here in UWF today.

the fans cheer like crazy as AJ goes on and he speaks towards the fans once more

AJ Styles: Now let me move on to my first test here in impact. A man who went to hell himself at Bound for Glory. Some even call him the spawn of Satan in Kane. Kane is one of the top guys here on impact. The man was the former number one contender to the Global championship. This man is no easy customer, but the thing is this Kane I know your pissed off. Your pissed because you want to be champion.It must also make you mad knowing your facing the UWF world heavyweight champion, and one of newest impact superstars, and Kane I might be hurting right now, but just because I am hurting dosen't mean you're going to be taking me down so damn easy.

Just like anger and hate feuls you Kane. This audience here they are the reason I come out here beaten up. It dosen't matter what shape my body is in. All that matters is that as long as these people purchase there tickets. AJ Styles will be here to perform each and single night. Whether it be on Monday Night Raw or right here on iMPACT I will be in this ring ready to perform. So Kane I hope you're ready because I am going to take you on one crazy ride this Thursday night, and let me tell you folks the debut of AJ Styles here on impact will be simply....

Fans cheer like crazy as AJ about to finish his catchphrase when all of a sudden...

Reaction score

This Thursday [MENTION=10921]natlav[/MENTION], if you want the week off you've earned it - I think Me and [MENTION=20]rawisrey[/MENTION] can cover this one between us.

Btw, banners will be coming later on.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

A Rhino promo is being worked on shortly. Excited to see what I can do over here.

Reaction score

Updated the match banners :3..

Also, there is going to be one extra bit involving one particular King of the Ring winner choosing a champion to face... (Seeing as this is the first show after Bound For Glory, felt it was best move to get that done and dusted).

I'll be PMing people over the course of the day going "Hey, I got this lined up for you, blah blah blah!" but I'm also gonna be having a good chat with Natlav about stuff too.

Either way, da show is Thursday; so busy busy busy!

Reaction score

@Rated_R_Superstar, [MENTION=24]SBS[/MENTION], [MENTION=11528]iBunka[/MENTION] & @Captian_Charisma - there is a new match added to the card where the four of you will fight it out for the gold. ;D!

Yippee!

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Very, very nicely put together card, sir. You and natlav have delivered well. Nice new banner btw.

It's nice to get such a challenge right out of the gate. Admittedly it's a little intimidating but I am looking forward to it as aside from a match between Sting and Fandango that became a dancing contest, I don't think Bumout and I have properly faced off. I faced LAX on Raw, now I'm facing Mexicools on Impact. Someone pick up Los Matadores or something so I can face them on Smackdown or Anarchy. lol

I was looking back through some old Doses the other day and found where I interviewed Rey and he talked about Swagger and Hassan being top candidates for his second character. Here we are with third character privileges and he's decided on both. lol I do like the trend that's begun with everyone bringing back characters they've played before though, Swagger's going to be a presence on Thursday nights, but so is Punk now that Shawn's back in the mix. It's going to be a great match and a powerful session if things pick up like I know they can.

The Commonwealth Championship is certainly a unique idea, who says e-feds can't come up with their own belts? I like the concept and I like who gets to face off for it. Hogan gets the championship match he came back for, Rhino gets to make up for losing his rematch clause for the International Championship, Christian gets an opportunity to prove himself, and Khali gets the chance to add another belt to his massive frame. I can't wait to see how this one plays out.

That main event is going to be something to see as well as it's the new top champion of Raw versus the man who very well could've been the new top champion of Impact. An interesting blending of wrestling styles too, so it'll definitely be a match to look out for.

It's going to be a great show!

Coldhands

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Re: UWF Impact 10-3-13: AJ Styles vs Kane

As Styles finishes speaking, the arena goes quiet. Fans are unsure whether Kane is actually going to show up. The silence continues, unsettling the crowd until a massive wall of flames engulfs the UWF Impact stage.

images

As the flames die down, the portly figure of Paul Bearer emerges from the back. The fans are surprised as Bearer is without Kane and proceeds to walk down the entrance ramp by himself.

vlcsnap2012062517h19m27.png

Bearer has a look of indignation on his face and struggles with his belly to get up the steel steps and into the ring where AJ is standing. Bearer snatches a microphone off a nearby technician and looks at AJ with a look of pure hatred on his face.

paulbearer.jpg

Paul Bearer:

Oh look what we have here ladies and gentleman! It’s the new UWF World Heavyweight Champion! Lets all bow down and kiss his feet!!!

Bearer in typical over the top fashion, mimics the action of kissing AJ’s feet as the crowd begin to boo

Seriously, you may be a new Impact superstar but you have no business coming out here and challenging my son!. Last night, Kane once again had the Great Khali beat. He took that Giant, he grabbed him by the throat, and he chokeslammed him straight to hell itself!!! The impact was such that the ring collapsed!. And because some ignoramous referee decided the match could not continue, my son was once again robbed of his worthy place as Global Champion! And now the powers that be in UWF have decided that my Kane will not get another title shot, but instead must face this man!

Bearer points a flabby arm at AJ as spit bounces off his upper lip

AJ, as you can imagine my son is angry. Very angry. For your sake, I have come out here and I have come alone. The people up in charge of this organisation seem to be doing everything in their power to prop up this paper champion in the Great Khali, and prevent my son from taking his rightful spot at the top of the mountain. Perhaps it is because they know deep down that once my son gets his hands on that title, there will be no stopping him. AJ, you get the honour this Thursday night of being the physical target of a man who has a lot to get off his chest. You are incorrect when you refer to my son as the spawn of Satan, no no! He is not Satan’s own, he is my own. He is however, the Devils favourite Demon, because he fears no-one and maims everything. You say you went through hell against Daniel Bryan last night at Bound for Glory, and perhaps you did. But let me assure you that is nothing compared to the hell that my son will unleash on you this Thursday! A woman I once knew told me that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I don’t think she quite got that right, because in my experience, hell hath no fury like a monster screwed! My son was screwed out of the Global Championship last night despite destroying the Great Khali like I knew he would, and now he gets the great AJ Styles to vent his anger at this Thursday night!

As Bearer is about to continue speaking he suddenly interrupted by a second massive explosion from the stage. Kane has had enough and storms down the entrance ramp.

RAW_1046_Photo_018.jpg

kane%20mic%20work.jpg

Kane:
If there was any justice in this rotten, corrupt, mal infested world my match with you AJ this Thursday night would be a Champion vs Champion match. I am the unofficial Global Champion. Last night the belt may not have physically changed hands, but the reign of the The Great Khali was completely destroyed. His hold on this brand has been broken. I sent him through the ring and straight to hell. Once again I stand here cheated out of a match that I had in the palm of my hand. It’s not good AJ, not good at all and it won’t be good for you this Thursday either. You can’t see it, but underneath this mask my brain is coming up with all the different ways I can hurt you this week AJ. You are a man of the people, and the people like you. Your popular. Everybody loves the popular people. But not me. You might want to save face in front of these people by coming out here, but I know you are more hurt than you would care to admit. That match with Daniel Bryan has exhausted you mentally and physically. And you can be damn sure I’m going to take advantage of that. I am going to take advantage of that and I am going to give you the same treatment as I gave the Great Khali. You have come to Impact, and now this week you will get an official welcome from the Impact’s resident Monster. You better hope, when it’s all said and done, that you are in any fit state to defend that World Heavyweight Championship sitting on your shoulder.

Kane finishes speaking and throws the microphone down in a fury as AJ Styles looks on.

OOC: Stoked to be up against you Chase, lets rock this thread!​

Reactions: 1 person

iBunka

Reaction score

Awesome card, really excited for my first true iMPACT read now that I am on it. Looking forward to this fatal four way. I kind of have an idea for when I want to jump in with my part, so hopefully that opportunity comes soon.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

I knew a Los Guerreros vs Mexicools match was inevitable but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Dresdon might be right when he says we've never really face each other. The only other match I can think of is when my team beat your Kane at Wrestlemania I think due to Rollins no show. With all the new changes to this brand I got quite a few good ideas. I'll have my TT in tonight.

I assume Swager is going to take Punk out. We've added a new belt I see. A bit weird seeing Khali go for it since he's already Global Champion. Should have thrown Super Crazy in here haha. Chases AJ has been on fire so that guy who plays Kane has to step up majorly.