Previous Impact Previews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Re: iMPACT! 09/21/13, Saturday Special Edition CARD!

Could be double booked for this show. Sounds exciting.

Dash

Reaction score
iMPACT 09/21/13 Austin Aries vs. Kane

iMPACT returns from commercial break with the crowd abuzz ready for the action that's still to come tonight, the buzz soon gets bigger as the crowd goes wild when the titantron hits and all that can be heard throughout the arena is...

HARDCORE COUNTRY!

[video=youtube;_Dy-GB9ExgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dy-GB9ExgU[/video]

The fans cheer as Mickie James' theme song hits and she's shown walking out onto the stage looking pumped up from the crowd's reaction tonight, she strikes her signature pose before making her way down the ramp. With a big grin across her face as she walks down to the ring, the fans reach over trying to touch their favourite diva, she responds by highfiving a couple of the men in the front row before making a dash to the steel steps where she picks up a microphone and runs up to the ring before climbing in through the second rope. Taking her position in the center of the ring, the crowd are ecstatic with cheers as she lifts the microphone up to her lips.

cTNTl6U.jpg

Mickie James
Gee, thank you! It feels so great to be back standing inside a wrestling ring, it's been too long! And I couldn't have picked a better place to make my return than right here on iMPACT. I've been a part of my fair share of different rosters in companies all across the world, but nothing can beat the electricity that radiates from a UWF Crowd like this! Now I don't mean to disappoint any of my loyal fans, but I feel like I need to make it clear that I am not returning to the active roster as a wrestler. I know, I know, it's an upsetting reality to come to terms with, but please find comfort in the fact that I will be here each and every week to perform my new duties. You see, my musical career is at an all time high right now, I've been getting contracts and meetings with all kinds of producers, I've been living my dream, but lately I've come to realise that there's a gaping hole in my life, and after speaking to my friend Joseph Parks, I realised that hole needs to be filled within the wrestling industry, so I offered my services to him for his new show, and he was quick to accept, signing me to a contract as an official manager for the superstars of iMPACT. I was given the opportunity to hand pick my first charge. I took a close look at all of the talent on the roster, watching every match they competed in until I had determined who I wanted. So, without any further delay, please stand up on your feet and give a huge warm welcome to my first client, Double A, Austin Aries!

[video=youtube;0IN2GgT0Dz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IN2GgT0Dz8[/video]

Austin Aries' music hits the PA system and the crowd is going wild with cheers as he steps out onto the ramp with his signature cape wrapped around his neck, the words “The Greatest Man That Ever Livedâ€￾ etched into the fabric. Aries' turns in a circle at the top of the ramp to show off his cape before strutting down the ramp, the fans reaching out their arms to get a feel of the cape as he goes. Making his way around the ring, Aries jumps up onto the apron and lies across it with a big grin across his face, he taunts to the crowd which earns him an even bigger reaction as he jumps back up onto his feet before leaping over the top rope and into the ring beside Mickie. She hands him the microphone as the two wait for his music to come to a stop before continuing.

normal_28th_June_2012_-_IW_HD_mp40116.png

Austin Aries
Thank you Mickie. I can honestly say it is an honour to have a woman as beautiful and as talented as you standing in my corner, I mean no disrespect to him, but it's a welcomed change to having Grado by my side. Speaking of Grado, I'd like to take moment to show him some gratitude, to thank him for making sure that Brock Lesnar and Jim Cornette weren't able to pull a fast one on me last week, and spurring me on to hit the 450 Splash and secure my victory. I know that I wouldn't be standing here as iMPACT's finalist for the King of the Ring tournament if it wasn't for him, so thank you Grado. To get to this point, I had to defeat two of the biggest superstars that not only iMPACT, but the whole of UWF has to offer in Bully Ray and Brock Lesnar. There's no doubt that I was the underdog in both encounters, no one in their right mind expected Austin Aries to advance all the way to the finals of the King of the Ring just a couple of week after being fired by the C.O.O. But I showed them that I'm not just a catchphrase, that I wasn't just a flash in the pan with a briefcase to his name, and I cemented myself a place as one of iMPACT's biggest talents. I made it clear that I wanted to prove myself, and I'm so close to doing just that, all I have left to do is beat my opponent for tonight so that I can head into Bound for Glory to represent this brand against three of the top superstars of the UWF. Then all of my critics will have no choice but to eat their words because whether I win or I lose, I will have broken through the glass ceiling and shown the world that I am a main event calibur star!

Aries jolts himself forward to the ropes as his eyes fill with determination and the fans are eating it up, he holds onto the ropes and looks out to the crowd.

Austin Aries
I've missed this feeling of having the UWF Universe behind me, it feels good to have you on my side and it gives me the fire that I need to compete. iMPACT has been like a fresh start for me, the cocky smarky, egomaniac that held the Money in the Bank briefcase is long gone and all I can say is good riddance to him! No, I'm not taking about Edge unfortunately, he's still here. I'm talking about the old Austin Aries. This is the new Austin Aries, the new me, and I'm not going anywhere!

Aries backs away from the ropes and returns to standing beside Mickie James who is nodding in approval.

Austin Aries
Tonight I'm about to face my biggest challenge. Bully Ray and Brock Lesnar are nothing compared to the man who stands in my way tonight... The Big Red Monster, Kane! Not only is he the number one contender for the Global Championship, but he's also the man who eliminated me from the Gauntlet match just three weeks ago. I watched from the back last week as he decimated Rob Van Dam, a man that I don't much care for, but watching as he took Rob and threw him around the ring like a rag doll, strangling him with that chain, nearly breaking his leg... It was eye opening. It doesn't matter how strongly I dislike someone, watching them be torn apart like that isn't easy. The championship is in turmoil, it's either going to be fed to a monster that finds pleasure in causing pain, or it remains with a different kind of monster, one that thrives on inflicting injuries, and doesn't even speak english. The Championship deserves more respect than that, it deserves someone who cares about iMPACT, who cares about the fans and someone who understands what the championship stands for, someone like me!

Aries looks ready for anything but is he prepared as the pyro's go off on the stage and the arena fills with a red light?

Reaction score
Re: iMPACT! 09/12/13 THE SHOW!!!

[MENTION=10921]natlav[/MENTION], you sir were superb - I do wish I had the time to come on but like I've been mumbling about all week I've picked up a lot of coaching hours and it's not so much the coaching which is time consuming, it's the prep work I do at home.

I had spoken to some of the staff but not the entire lot which probs didn't help! Natlav, we need to exchange skypes or facebook so we can keep in communication in the event I get overwhelmed by work (which is likely)

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Kinda want to double check my math but are the tournament finalists only gonna have 3 days to trash talk? That's not a problem for me but it might be for the other 3 potential teams.

Other than that, the card looks pretty good. Coldhands and Dexter should have a good exchange and that six man will be an interesting read

Reaction score

Cwalker, I'm sorting something out... There is meant to be an extra Impact week of BFG to do a Tournament final.

It's a working progress.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose

Unfortunatly CWalker is right, the TTer's are really only going to get 3 days to TT for that match (assuming that RAW and Anarchy are both up on time that is). I was talking to Dresden about that and I don't think having a 5th show this month will be a good idea, especially with Bound For Glory coming up real soon.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Re: iMPACT! 09/12/13 THE SHOW!!!

This was a good show especially since Natlav had short notice to get it up. I thought the way it opened up was pretty weird. Not the promo itself but that it came on before the show started but I guess you didn't want two back to back promos and the content of it made it fit in the beginning. I hope people enjoyed my promo. my team are mostly serious but I like doing dumb backstage promos. It's a nice mix. I enjoyed my match but the only thing is it's just Juventud. No guerrera. I enjoyed the heelish tactics used and that Crazy got involved. I had asked WWS that if I win a match I would like some outside interference as that's how the Mexicools acted and won during their brief heel time in WWE but I don't know where Psychosis was.

I was surprised Watchmen won and not because they aren't good but because 3LK has been killing it. Christian winning will give me some good material as it would have been a bit harder to TT against Bully Ray. I'll have to TT soon so I can control the pace of the TTs so CC doesn't make me waste a month's worth of material haha. The show was mainly matches but I enjoyed the promo hyping Hassan and Otunga vs the Facepaint brigade. No offense to Lub but I don't know why he was put in the title picture in the first place. Maybe just to have a face in there but now that he is out of the title picture, it's a bit weird seeing a new guy get such a huge opportunity. I can't help but see SBS retaining. I can now see what Chase was talking about now when he said he thought some people might get pushed or held back because of the character they were playing. I like seeing this Grado and Lesner situation continue to escalate. I also look forward to seeing Aries in the finals. Great Job Natlav.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

Damn I have to TT as the other two Mexicools? I'll try but my Crazy doesn't speak English and only in small doses and Psychosis speaks very broken English so I guess I'll continue to use Juventud as the mouth piece but just talk up the other two instead.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
UWF Impact 6 Man Tag Mexicools & Lesner vs Watchdogs & Grado

[video=youtube;f0y5ndEtqGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0y5ndEtqGs[/video]

The sound of a lawnmower turning on blasts through the arena and the fans get up and boo. It isn't long before the Mexicools come out on their Mexican limo 2005. All three Mexicools are dancing to their music while riding the lawnmower. Juventud parks the lawnmower and Super Crazy slides into the ring and flips from off his head while Psychosis slides into the ring and he and Super Crazy pose on top of the turnbuckles. Juventud walks into the ring with mics and hands them out before beginning to speak.

Juventud
It's about time! My boys Super Crazy and Psychosis here finally get their chance to shine! Unfortunately they have to share the spotlight with some other big gringo. But that's okay, that's fine because I know they'll prove that it should be them in the finals for the tag team tournament. Not the little engine that could and that fake luchador. Those two aren't a real tag team. They've just gotten lucky. The fact that guys like LAX and La Familia have been out before them makes no sense. UWF wants to hold us down but not any longer. Mi amigos are going to prove they are better than this fake team, even if they have to get through El Gordo.

Psychosis
Jajaja! Aye Gordo, when we put jour shoulders to the mat, can ju even get up? Ju prolly just move side to side like un tortuga jajaja! Pero these gringos think they can beat us? Estas loco!

Super Crazy
Si?

Not you Crazy, these people are crazy. They think good always overcomes bad but what they don't realize is that we are the good guys. It's this company that are the bad guys. They give this Manik guy two spots on the roster and yet los Mexicools don't even have real contracts. That's all going to change when I become the first Intercontinental Champion and mi amigos can officially go for the UWF Tag Team Championships. Half of these teams from this tournament will be gone at the end of it and us Mexicools will take over whether you like it or not!

The crowd boos Juventud as the other two swat away the negative reaction.

Ju can boo all ju want pero, ju know The Juice speaks the truth! There's no reason for ju to hate us. We should be los héroes in the UWF! Not some wannabe luchador que está muy loco en la cabeza.

Si?

Hijole, not ju Crazy, Manik! He prolly thinks he's some sort of hero gliding into the ring pero underneath that máscara he's just a sad little niño.

More boos are elicited from the crowd and the Mexicools just stand there laughing.

And the best part is, everyone knows it's true. If I were you Sabin, I'd steer clear from the ring. We're not exactly known for going easy on people. We know you got two surgically repaired knees and we will target them. We'll make sure your team is in no condition to compete in the tag team tournament. And don't think I forgot about you El Gordo. Actually we probably can forget about you. I'm sure Brock Lesner has been waiting to get his hands on you.

Juventud smiles at the camera but it soon fades away when...

Killz

Reaction score
IMPACT: Sting vs David Otunga

???: Llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I introduce to you the future of the UWF – the destroyer or the status quo – the man who will mastermind the downfall of Sting and the Ultimate Warrior – one half of the charismatic duo BrOtunga…

The crowd heat starts now they realise what shtick is going on here.

…Brrrrrrrad Maddox!

Sure enough Maddox comes through the curtain waving to the crowd and lapping up boos as if they were cheers as all good arrogant and/or stupid heels do. Maddox blows some kisses to the crowd and takes a jog towards the ring, getting-hyped Rocky style, before climbing up the steel steps and stepping through the ropes. Maddox walks to the hardcam side of the ring and waves towards the rafters.

Brad Maddox: Thank you, thank you all so much.

An awkwardly long pause follows this sentiment before suddenly Maddox raises a finger and finally has a point to make.

brad-maddox-raw-110512_crop_650.jpg

David Otunga is a man’s man. Brad Maddox is a man’s man. I say these things because we’ve both come to realise that Sting is not a man. Sting is not the hero you need OR deserve. Sting has served his time and has been an excellent addition to many shows in his time but unfortunately for the Stingah his time has come and gone like the wind and, just like the wind, he didn’t notice and none of you people could see it. Sting now clings to his name, his reputation, and dearly wishes for that to be taken into consideration when the management team create tournaments and title opportunities. He wants to be taken seriously and yet continues to paint his face? Continues to dress like chubby 14 year goth girls?

The crowd boo and Maddox shrugs as if to say “it’s the truthâ€.

Frankly I find it insulting that anyone thinks, at Bound for Glory, one of the biggest pay-per-views in professional wrestling, that David Otunga and Muhammed Hassan WON’T leave as bastions for a new age and victors! Plenty of you reprobates genuinely believe that the Ultimate Warrior and Sting have a shot at defeating our team and it’s sad. It’s sad you all live in this fantasy world Warrior and Sting seem to spend most of their time. Luckily, Otunga gets to affect change this week even if it’s only in the form of bookmakers odds, when he goes one on one with Sting in the centre of this ring so! Without further ado I give to you the Harvard Law Graduate, the most charismatic and successful superstar outside of this and soon to be inside of this ring, the future of impact wrestling: David. Otunga.

[video=youtube;yWyVAkLnFIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWyVAkLnFIU[/video]

Otunga’s music hits and the boos increase. After all, he’s not overly charismatic and practically solely the brawn of the team, but he steps out from the back with his jacket/cape as usual and throws it off to pyro and jeers.

images

Otunga poses for the crowd, his body all oiled up and defined, before heading towards the ring; smirking and sneering at the crowd as he does so. He finally reaches the apron and hops up before entering the ring. He embraces Maddox who comes away covered in the baby oil and looking slightly repulsed. Maddox hands Otunga the microphone.

David Otunga: Sting! Listen up and listen up good if your ears haven’t given out like the rest of your body is going to before long. Look at me. I mean seriously put on your glasses, hobble up to the monitor and LOOK AT ME! The most gifted talent on the roster, the most defined body in the whole company, the future of professional wrestling is right here and I bet you’re going to come out here and talk about respect and having done it all before and blah blah blah. We’ve heard your tired speech before Sting and we’ve seen your tired efforts in this ring. Maybe you have got a few years left in the tank, maybe you COULD carry on wrestling for as long as you see fit, but a word of warning – I suggest you shouldn’t.

Otunga eyeballs the camera and Maddox comes to stand next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder but recoiling at the sheer amount of oil.

Coldhands

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Re: iMPACT 09/21/13 Austin Aries vs. Kane

*The red light that filled the arena when Austin Aries finished speaking flickers on and off, as suddenly the titantron at the top of the entrance ramp transitions from the Impact logo to the image of the Big Red Monster himself, Kane, who his standing in a darkened room. Kane's mask fills the screen as he stares intensely down the lens at where he knows Austin Aries is standing

168vj7m.jpg

Kane:

Austin Aries, up here…I wondered when you and I would eventually cross paths. I actually watched your match last week, You’re a tough guy.

Kane throws his head back as the fans see the large red mask moving up and down with deep booming laughter.

You say you are disgusted by my actions last week, but I was merely following through on my promises. Unlike yourself, I am someone who means exactly what he says. I stood in that ring and told the world that I would destroy Rob Van Dam, that he may not even make it to Bound for Glory. I did just that. Rob Van Dam is no more. You say that the Global Championship deserves someone better than me. Someone who is not a monster. Well that’s your opinion, and probably the opinion of most of the guys in the locker room. But it’s a good thing that I couldn’t give a toss about your opinions. Because someone like you will never be Global Champion. You come out here with your eye candy and you think you own the world. I don’t own the world, I’m in the process of burning it to the ground. Cockiness is an easy trait to have, but it’s not easy to back up Austin, especially against me. Your distracted by too many things, too many people. But above all, you don’t have the anger or the hate. And the reason you are lacking in those qualities, is because you care too much. The reason I was able to destroy Rob Van Dam so easily last week, was because I truly didn’t care what condition I left him in. Whether he could walk, whether he would need a wheelchair, was of no consequence to me . People like Rob Van Dam have tortured my mind all my life, laughing at me, whispering..behind my back. I was just returning the favour. I was letting him know that his actions and words would not go unpunished. The monster remembers Aries, and he waits. He waits for the most opportune time to strike. People like you Austin, who make life hell for those who you do not perceive to be ‘normal’. You pander to the masses, and in that regard Rob Van Dam and yourself are not that different. And the fates that you will receive will not be much different either. I will destroy you just like I did to Mr ‘Thursday’ Night.

As you will find out on Saturday evening Austin, I don’t do an awful lot of talking. I don’t come out here like you do, with the latest materialistic fashion, and strut around expecting people to love me. People either identify me or they hate me, I’ve long accepted it. Instead of coming out here and running my mouth, I do my talking when that bell sounds. And when that bell sounds on Saturday night, just like Rob Van Dam found out, you will pay the price for underestimating me.

As Kane finishes speaking, the camera on the titantron pans to reveal the figure of Paul Bearer. The large face of Kane’s father fills the screen as his cackling laugh booms out of the speakers and disperses amongst the crowd.

vlcsnap2012012116h38m05.jpg

Bearer:

Austin Aries! What kind of a name is that?!And a word of warning to your little hussy Mickie James! I have a great spot for her in my funeral parlour if she even thinks about getting involved in this match! How dare the two of you question the ambition of my true born son! Since Kane arrived on Impact, he has left a trail of bodies in his wake! And he will not stop no! My boy is back in UWF and back for good. This belt, the Global Championship it’s everything. Only the best, only the strongest will rise to the top and claim it. Austin Aries, I don’t question your talent, or your ability. You wouldn’t have reached the finals of the King of the Ring, that alone proves your ability to beat a man. But your not facing any man, no! Just as Rob Van Dam was not facing any man. All through my history in this business, men and women have tried to change my monster of a son, tried to project their human emotions and characteristics onto someone who could never have them. My son is a carnivore, a beast. He will always be that. His basic instinct, his default setting will be always be to eviscerate and to destroy. And Austin, you just can’t come out wrestle that. You could be the best pure wrestler in the world, but you can’t overcome a Demon. You don’t have to worry about winning the match on Saturday Austin! All you have to worry about is if my Kane will leave you in any condition for the King of the Ring!

Paul Bearer's cackles echo throughout the arena and disturb the audience as Kane and Paul Bearer wait for Austin Aries to reply.

OOC: Sorry for lateness of my reply and the length of it, had a mad week and haven't had much free time.​

Reaction score
King of the Ring & Tag Team Tournament Special Impact 24th of September Preview

On a very special addition of Tuesday night Impact, the King of the Ring Semi-Finals will be held and the finals of the UWF Tag Team Tournament.

Raw’s Finalist vs. Smackdown’s Finalist
Impact’s Finalist vs. Anarchy’s Finalist

For weeks, the King of the Ring tournament has been the talking point of each brand and it will finally come to ahead Tuesday Night Impact. Only two men will be walking out of the arena as the final two competitors in the King of the Ring tournament, which brand will be represented?

The Tag Team Tournament Finals:
Winner of the Anarchy Match vs. the Winner of the Raw Match

Also for weeks, UWF has been holding UWF Tag Team Tournament and within the next few hours, the final competitors will be unveiled in a contest sure to bring the house down. With an opportunity to face off against the UWF Tag Team Champions, Ted DiBiase & Wade Barrett who will be watching from the wings, this much like the King of the Ring matches promise to be classics.

We Will Also Hear from:

All of tonight’s Competitors - on their respective matches.

Dash

Reaction score
Re: King of the Ring & Tag Team Tournament Special Impact 24th of September Preview

What happened to the fatal 4 way?

Looks like Aries has one hell of a mountain to climb in Tyson/Seth/Jeff. Should be fun.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Re: King of the Ring & Tag Team Tournament Special Impact 24th of September Preview

This is another show that's dependent on both Raw and Anarchy going up.

Hopefully it's not the same situation like the other preview would have been where guys like get three days to trashtalk

Reaction score

This is another show that's dependent on both Raw and Anarchy going up.

Hopefully it's not the same situation like the other preview would have been where guys like get three days to trashtalk

Hopefully this is the last one, I've been chatting to the other headwriters and both shows are being worked on, along with Smackdown - so all three will be up today! After Bound for Glory, we won't be depending on each other's shows, or at least that's the plan.