Praise for Daniel Bryan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I agree with that part of it I wasn't a fan of him acting like he didn't want the 3 way but I think it's cause they wanted to sway the crowd to boo him without having him diss the crowd. Sadly I think this is them wanting Punk to get booed so much so that going into Boston Cena gets most of the crowd support like Punk got in Chicago but they're gonna be disappointed if that is the plan cause Punk pretty much got the east coast fans on his side no matter what.

Exactly, they're trying so hard to get Punk booed without resorting to cheap heat just like they did with Bryan before they realized they could just get him to pretend he didn't like the "YES!" chants. Don't think it'll be that easy with Punk.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much it was easy with Bryan and actually a good idea to whoever came up with that (probably Vince) now if the fans start chanting no then idk what they are gonna do then, lol. But yeah I will be shocked if Punk gets heat in Boston and Cena gets 100% cheers. Kinda mostly curious as to how they are gonna book Punk's character going into Chicago in a few weeks cause Punk could piss on a Chicago Cubs hat in the middle of the ring and still not get booed.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Pretty much it was easy with Bryan and actually a good idea to whoever came up with that (probably Vince) now if the fans start chanting no then idk what they are gonna do then, lol. But yeah I will be shocked if Punk gets heat in Boston and Cena gets 100% cheers. Kinda mostly curious as to how they are gonna book Punk's character going into Chicago in a few weeks cause Punk could piss on a Chicago Cubs hat in the middle of the ring and still not get booed.

1. I'd mark for "Maybe" chants

2. That's because the Cubs are ass :adr:

Reaction score
I'm sorry but, Daniel Bryan is not the most charismatic wrestler on the roster. No one here has really given any justification as to how he is either. He's great for what he is. He's found something that works wonders for his character, but shouting one word loud and repetitively does not make you charismatic. By that logic, Ron Simmons would be one of the most charismatic wrestlers of the decade because, see how ridiculous that sounds? (I realise that I'm exaggerating to prove a point, but it's still a valid point) Bryan does have some charisma, but not at the level of Punk or Cena. Chris Jericho was the definition of charisma during his first run in the WWE, he could talk about literally anything and people would be fascinated or at least, interested. Cena and Punk can both do that to a lesser extent. Can you really say that about Bryan? I know that I can't. Some of his mic work as World Heavyweight Champion was questionable and became boring. He's best in small doses because his character is still very one dimensional. He's always been good at getting people to get behind what he says. Who else could get fans to chant, "You're Gonna Get Your Fucking Head Kicked In"? Bryan has his strengths, charisma is not one of them.

I don't think anyone on the current roster is as charismatic as Chris Jericho. It's natural for him. I don't find Cena and Punk that charismatic or entertaining though. I do think that Daniel Bryan is more charismatic, at the moment anyway. He pulls me in every time I see him on TV. I imitate him practically all the time. I only do this with wrestlers such as Jericho, Austin and The Rock. The fact that I also do this with Bryan now means that there is something about him that makes you want to tune in every week. From a fan's perspective, that is charisma.

You make a fair point except that Bryan has showed his range, he has proven that he can comedy very well, he can do deadpan too and I think it is also the passion he shows when winning or losing a match which really make fans believe in him. One of the reasons why I think he can stay near the top of the card for many years to come is because how flexible he is and how he can work a good match or feud with anyone.

YES! He can adjust to any role relatively easily and he is simply the greatest in the ring.

Charisma (n) - Compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.

I think Bryan has that down.

EXACTLY! Yes, he does. We buy his merchandise, we chant "YES" with our friends and we tune into Raw for him. Yup, that's a compelling attractiveness.

Hardly, you wouldn't know who he was if you met him on the street.

If you met someone like a Batista, you would know who it was instantly.

Batista wasn't anything special. I would definitely approach Bryan a lot quicker than Batista. Besides, Bryan has a wide range of fans. He has his ROH fans and his WWE fans. I am sure that a lot of people would know who he is. Oh and he recently had some interaction with Charlie Sheen so yes, I am pretty sure he is somewhat known. None of these wrestlers from today will be instantly spotted like The Rock or Austin but still, there are people that would recognize Bryan.

I'm sure any wrestling fan would recognize Bryan instantly, I'm not sure what you mean by this at all. Batista definitely has the "larger than life" look, but that doesn't necessarily scream "charisma." Bryan's easily the most compelling guy in WWE at the moment (probably would be Punk if they wouldn't be booking him so confusingly right now), and gets the crowd going more than anyone else at the moment whether he's wrestling, cutting a promo, or in some backstage segment.

Batista was not charismatic. Daniel Bryan is! You're right. He does have a compelling attractiveness. If he didn't, we would not waste our money on his merchandise!

I disagree. Bryan isnn't be known for having 'compelling attractiveness'. Plus, a lot of the devotion towards him from fans came from WrestleMania and AJ Lee, so you can't credit him with it.

That definition does describe Punk and Cena rather well though.

I'm not going to dive any further into a Google definition because it's pointless.

People were chanting "YES" before Wrestlemania. Does it really matter if he developed a more solid fan base after Mania? The point is that people enjoy watching him regardless if AJ Lee is on the screen or not. They have great chemistry. So did Jericho and Stephanie. There isn't anything wrong with that.

You're right, he's known for great wrestling ability, but the past few months he's exhibited a compelling attractiveness that tons of people have noticed (even the shit Bleacher Report writers who said he'd never amount to anything in WWE). If he didn't we wouldn't be having this discussion about him right now.

EXACTLY! The fact that writers are now praising him is definitely a good sign.

A few people saying things on the internet doesn't represent what is tops in the real world.

If that was true, then a show like Community would actually have an audience, instead of a few people who made a twitter account or facebook page to save it from being cancelled.

A few people? More like most of the audience on a weekly basis.

That really depends on the person, as world champion his gimmick didn't compell'.(Are we really having a conversation about Bryan's compelling attractiveness? :danielson:) I found the whole "Oh, I'm better than everyone else because I'm a vegan" thing was kinda weak. Once again, that's all just my opinion.

It didn't work because they didn't go about it correctly. I don't see how saying, "I'm better than you because I don't do drugs, drink or smoke" is any different than "I'm better than you because I love animals and will therefore not eat them or anything produced by them." There are straight edge people and vegans that can relate to both wrestlers. Punk's gimmick worked a lot better. That's all it is.

Ok then how about a 1000 or more people in arena's week in and week out giving the guy a big pop? You can't agrue with the responses he has been getting on raw, SD and ppvs.

:mark:

To be fair, you can't really gauge anything on Smackdown. I'm not saying the guy isn't over, I just simply stated that he isn't "the guy" to become the face of the WWE and thus the face of the business. The guy is good, but he isn't going to break mainsteam exposure neither is Punk.

He might not be the face of the company. I personally want him to be but I would like him to be in the main event a lot more often.

Honestly can't believe there was a comparison to The Rock in here.

New low.

Oh, come on. It wasn't a comparison. I was simply stating that The Rock wasn't exactly over and entertaining when he first started but that changed when he re-invented himself. Hence, why I feel that an entertainer can work on his/her charisma and entertainment skills.

Isn't that the point of being compelling? Not knowing what he's gonna do not know what direction he's gonna go, etc. I can very well see how people could find Bryan funny and entertaining but his character isn't meant to be compelling. Compelling is usually reserved for drama and that is definitely what is happening with Punk's current situation. People just wanna (not saying you are one of these people) narrow this situation with Punk as he's just bitching saying he wants respect the end ignoring the rest of it that makes it compelling as you've never seen a guy be champ for 9 months and yet not be the face of the WWE. Not to mention the connection to his motive from last year which if you go back and watch it was based around how much WWE didn't give him the respect he felt he deserved during his tenor in WWE and felt John Cena was one or the main guys in his way since he got perceived as the best. Just difference was it was based around him being rebel for the fans in the process.

This time it's the same motive basically just a little tweaked not feeling he gets his respect as WWE champion and John Cena is in his way again. Difference this time it's him not being the rebel for the crowd but him looking out for himself which is him headed down the heel path. Was vocal last time and got what he wanted so he's just going back to being vocal to try and get what he wants again just comes off as selfish this time. It's really a full circle storyline that people aren't picking up on which is a shame cause it really good.

Honestly, he isn't compelling at all right now. He was at this time last year because he did something that the audience enjoyed. This storyline simply isn't working because he comes off as a very insecure champion and it doesn't make any sense for him to be a heel. If he was a face and stating all of these things, it would make sense because we as fans actually do agree that he should be main eventing more often.

I've been with you defending Punk's new attitude since it happened and people started complaining, but there's just been things that don't make sense with it, like him not wanting the triple threat match at SummerSlam. It's like they're trying to see how the crowd reacts to him to see if they could turn him full heel without him getting the majority of the cheers (which probably won't happen), it's nothing to do with Punk right now, he's been great. It's just like WWE isn't exactly sure what they want to do at the moment.

Yes, I think it's the WWE's fault. There isn't anything wrong with CM Punk. This does goes to show though that if the writers don't do a good job with your storyline then even wrestlers like Punk and Cena can look awful.

Exactly, they're trying so hard to get Punk booed without resorting to cheap heat just like they did with Bryan before they realized they could just get him to pretend he didn't like the "YES!" chants. Don't think it'll be that easy with Punk.

I think the fans actually do like Daniel Bryan though. They just like to say "YES" when he says "NO" because they feel that they are a part of the show. I don't think it's cheap heat. The fans used to chant "WHAT?" when Austin came up with it because it was a fun thing to do. There wasn't anything cheap or silly about that either.

Last edited:

TKK

Reaction score
Why do you say that he's the most charismatic at the moment? Charisma isn't something that comes and goes, I'm starting to believe that you're mixing up charisma and entertainment value. Also, getting fans to imitate you doesn't mean that you're charismatic. It means that he has an infectious catchphrase or a few lines worth quoting. That's about it.

The fact that his catchphrase didn't catch on until after the day after his 'Mania match (in front of an extremely smarky crowd) does matter. The "YES!" were used basically to show how stupid the Sheamus/Bryan match was, not because Bryan saying it had a huge impact over them. The chants started becoming huge once AJ Lee and others started doing it as well. That means that there really is no evidence of him having a "compelling attractiveness" that makes others devoted to him i.e. the one of many defintions of charisma.

Punk's SES gimmick and Bryan's vegan gimmick were very different. Just because they both related to a certain audience doesn't make them the same gimmick, the majority of gimmicks appeal will appeal to a certain audience. Punk's SES gimmick was that of a straight edge preacher with an elitist attitude and a superiority complex. His aim is to make everyone like him and in his eyes, a perfect place. His whole gimmick was about converting people to straight edge and insulted their drug habits as a way of making them realise that straight edge is the right lifestyle. When Punk used insults and cheap heat it was to get his point across. Bryan's gimmick was a narcissistic, selfish and cowardly vegan who sees himself as the underdog and a champion of the people. The only similarities that I find is that they're both heel champions and see themselves as role models. Punk's gimmick was far more interesting mostly because Punk is much better at getting his points across and making seem important. Guess how he did that? With his superior charisma. Here's an example of each to show illustrate my point:

[video=youtube;VV3VBN0V4Hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV3VBN0V4Hk[/video]

[video=youtube;iVUOyFwckCo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVUOyFwckCo[/video]

Both are prime example of both characters and in my eyes, at least, Punk shows more charisma, a better character and is just way more entertaining to watch.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I already explained his heel direction and it's very obvious and understandable. If you've been world champ for 9 months yet still not the face of the WWE which is Cena and has been held in a higher regard than you it's totally understandable why someone would be kinda pissed. He's supposed to come off as insecure because he's going through a progressive heel turn. "Something that the crowd enjoys" is not what compelling is. A heel isn't supposed to be getting the crowd behind him they're supposed to get them against them. We rarely see heel turns progress by the week they usually just happen out of the blue. If the storyline isn't catching your attention and you're not entertained by it then so be it can't force someone to like the storyline I just wholeheartedly disagree with your reason as to why the situation isn't compelling. Esp saying it would make more sense if he was face considering that shoot promo and all that stuff was him as a heel just the crowd got behind him as I stated and made him face cause it came off as him fighting for the fans too. This time it's only being selfish for him and has grown some resentment toward the biggest face in the company so no it wouldn't make sense to be face.

Reaction score
Why do you say that he's the most charismatic at the moment? Charisma isn't something that comes and goes, I'm starting to believe that you're mixing up charisma and entertainment value. Also, getting fans to imitate you doesn't mean that you're charismatic. It means that he has an infectious catchphrase or a few lines worth quoting. That's about it.

The fact that his catchphrase didn't catch on until after the day after his 'Mania match (in front of an extremely smarky crowd) does matter. The "YES!" were used basically to show how stupid the Sheamus/Bryan match was, not because Bryan saying it had a huge impact over them. The chants started becoming huge once AJ Lee and others started doing it as well. That means that there really is no evidence of him having a "compelling attractiveness" that makes others devoted to him i.e. the one of many defintions of charisma.

Punk's SES gimmick and Bryan's vegan gimmick were very different. Just because they both related to a certain audience doesn't make them the same gimmick, the majority of gimmicks appeal will appeal to a certain audience. Punk's SES gimmick was that of a straight edge preacher with an elitist attitude and a superiority complex. His aim is to make everyone like him and in his eyes, a perfect place. His whole gimmick was about converting people to straight edge and insulted their drug habits as a way of making them realise that straight edge is the right lifestyle. When Punk used insults and cheap heat it was to get his point across. Bryan's gimmick was a narcissistic, selfish and cowardly vegan who sees himself as the underdog and a champion of the people. The only similarities that I find is that they're both heel champions and see themselves as role models. Punk's gimmick was far more interesting mostly because Punk is much better at getting his points across and making seem important. Guess how he did that? With his superior charisma. Here's an example of each to show illustrate my point:

[youtube]xIQJ9c6E3nA

After Wrestlemania....

Both are prime example of both characters and in my eyes, at least, Punk shows more charisma, a better character and is just way more entertaining to watch.

What are you talking about? I never said you can lose charisma. I said that Punk and Cena simply aren't THAT charismatic. That's my opinion. And you can improve your charisma; there are many articles about it. I feel that is what Daniel Bryan is doing right now. I know the difference between being entertaining and being charismatic.

How to Be Charismatic: 9 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow, The Secrets Of How To Boost Your Charisma | PickTheBrain | Motivation and Self Improvement

I find The Rock, Austin and Jericho extremely charismatic. Punk and Cena? Somewhat, I guess. I do think that Daniel has worked on his charisma a lot which AGAIN can be improved.

People didn't just started chanting "YES" because AJ Lee did. The fans have been behind Bryan regardless if AJ has a segment with him or not. Was I the only one watching Mania and hearing most of the fans chanting "YES." That was before he lost to Sheamus, by the way.

[youtube]xIQJ9c6E3nA[/youtube]

I hear "YES!"

Punk was entertaining last year but no, I do not think he is as charismatic as all of you say. That's my opinion.

I already explained his heel direction and it's very obvious and understandable. If you've been world champ for 9 months yet still not the face of the WWE which is Cena and has been held in a higher regard than you it's totally understandable why someone would be kinda pissed. He's supposed to come off as insecure because he's going through a progressive heel turn. "Something that the crowd enjoys" is not what compelling is. A heel isn't supposed to be getting the crowd behind him they're supposed to get them against them. We rarely see heel turns progress by the week they usually just happen out of the blue. If the storyline isn't catching your attention and you're not entertained by it then so be it can't force someone to like the storyline I just wholeheartedly disagree with your reason as to why the situation isn't compelling. Esp saying it would make more sense if he was face considering that shoot promo and all that stuff was him as a heel just the crowd got behind him as I stated and made him face cause it came off as him fighting for the fans too. This time it's only being selfish for him and has grown some resentment toward the biggest face in the company so no it wouldn't make sense to be face.

He isn't compelling. He's very boring and he is doing a terrible job at playing a heel right now. Sorry but that's the way I feel.

I disagree. It would make sense for him to be a face. Stone Cole Steve Austin had a feud with his boss and stood against what the company represented (anti-hero). I think it would make sense for him to be a heel rather than a face because as I said before, his points are valid. He doesn't have to be the typical hero that we have been presented with over the past few years but definitely a badass face.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Like I said I'm not trying to convince you to change your opinion as that's obviously not gonna happen I just said I don't think your reason is a good reasoning. And as for the character I explained multiple times why the character can make sense both ways. We've seen how it could work the way to get the crowd behind you it wasn't just about getting his respect but making the WWE better for the fans. Flipside now it's all about getting what he feels is his proper respect as WWE champion that he hasn't gotten and nothing about giving the fans what they want cause he doesn't care to pander to them in any way. To use an example if someone on this forum bitched about not getting a modspot because they've put in a a lot of work depending how they went about it they could either look like they got a valid point and have people get behind that idea or look like a ego stroking dick despite having a good case. That is the case here you don't have to like it but I' am totally not getting how you're not understanding it.

Reaction score
Like I said I'm not trying to convince you to change your opinion as that's obviously not gonna happen I just said I don't think your reason is a good reasoning. And as for the character I explained multiple times why the character can make sense both ways. We've seen how it could work the way to get the crowd behind you it wasn't just about getting his respect but making the WWE better for the fans. Flipside now it's all about getting what he feels is his proper respect as WWE champion that he hasn't gotten and nothing about giving the fans what they want cause he doesn't care to pander to them in any way. To use an example if someone on this forum bitched about not getting a modspot because they've put in a a lot of work depending how they went about it they could either look like they got a valid point and have people get behind that idea or look like a ego stroking dick despite having a good case. That is the case here you don't have to like it but I' am totally not getting how you're not understanding it.

I understand what you're saying, Ricky. All I am saying is that he isn't doing very well as a heel right now. I understand that they decided to try something new with his character but it's not working for me. If he whined less and his dialogue didn't seem forced, I would be a lot more entertained. I'm not very entertained by the crybaby heels.

I don't understand what is wrong with my reasoning. He has a pretty large fan base. A lot of the fans are behind him regardless that he is a heel. I don't think right now was the best time to turn him heel but since they went with that anyway, they could do a better job.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't like the reasoning because you're supposed to turn heel while having a big fan base. If you don't have a fanbase when you turn then no one is gonna care or react to it. He's built a rapport with the fans has went through all the heels basically and sadly there isn't any top main event heels only top faces so he is actually sorely needed as heel so makes sense and didn't just turn him for the hell of it.

Reaction score
Don't like the reasoning because you're supposed to turn heel while having a big fan base. If you don't have a fanbase when you turn then no one is gonna care or react to it. He's built a rapport with the fans has went through all the heels basically and sadly there isn't any top main event heels only top faces so he is actually sorely needed as heel so makes sense and didn't just turn him for the hell of it.

I think so too but I thought it was a little bit soon. He was a heel/tweener at this point last year so I didn't think they would turn him face anytime soon. As I said, I don't oppose it. I just hope they work on it more because CM Punk has a lot more to offer and can do much better.

That's true. There aren't many heels at the moment. I do think that part of the reason is to have him fight Rock at The Royal Rumble.

Honestly, I would have preferred if they turned Cena heel. Now, there's someone that can use a heel turn.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah think instead of having two faces they want Rock/Punk to be face vs heel. Though it's kind of a long shot keep in mind Austin did say if he and Punk were to feud Punk would have to be heel so you never know that could be part of it as well. But also as I said they obviously are trying to get Cena more crowd support in his hometown and if that is part of their motive for Punk's timing of his heel turn then I don't think it's gonna work the way they want but guess it is worth the shot and we are pretty much in one of the weakest states in terms of top heels in WWE where Punk is now becoming undisputed top heel in the company without trying when it comes to status.

Reaction score
Yeah think instead of having two faces they want Rock/Punk to be face vs heel. Though it's kind of a long shot keep in mind Austin did say if he and Punk were to feud Punk would have to be heel so you never know that could be part of it as well. But also as I said they obviously are trying to get Cena more crowd support in his hometown and if that is part of their motive for Punk's timing of his heel turn then I don't think it's gonna work the way they want but guess it is worth the shot and we are pretty much in one of the weakest states in terms of top heels in WWE where Punk is now becoming undisputed top heel in the company without trying when it comes to status.

I would like to see Punk vs. Austin. Now, that would be great! I think CM Punk is definitely a better face than Cena which is why I rather have Punk represent the company. I really enjoyed him last year and I think if he would have stuck to that, he would have been even better than he is now. He played a great rebel and kept us all entertained every week. I miss that Punk and the straight edge Punk. I don't know why but he hasn't been as great as before this past year. I do blame the writers though. As for Cena, I wish they would just take their chances with him and have him play a heel.

TKK

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I never said you can lose charisma. I said that Punk and Cena simply aren't THAT charismatic. That's my opinion. And you can improve your charisma; there are many articles about it. I feel that is what Daniel Bryan is doing right now. I know the difference between being entertaining and being charismatic.

How to Be Charismatic: 9 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow, The Secrets Of How To Boost Your Charisma | PickTheBrain | Motivation and Self Improvement

I find The Rock, Austin and Jericho extremely charismatic. Punk and Cena? Somewhat, I guess. I do think that Daniel has worked on his charisma a lot which AGAIN can be improved.

People didn't just started chanting "YES" because AJ Lee did. The fans have been behind Bryan regardless if AJ has a segment with him or not. Was I the only one watching Mania and hearing most of the fans chanting "YES." That was before he lost to Sheamus, by the way.

I hear "YES!"

Punk was entertaining last year but no, I do not think he is as charismatic as all of you say. That's my opinion.
Bryan pre-Mania:
[video=youtube;Qrd6Clj7azk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrd6Clj7azk[/video]

Compare that and the WrestleMania pop to the night after:
[video=youtube;VQxl1XnvDOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQxl1XnvDOE[/video]

There's a big difference between a few hundred chanting it during his entrance and nearly a whole arena chanting it for two hours. There was a huge surge in the 'YES' chants and popularity in Daniel Bryan after WrestleMania. I don't know how it can be denied, it's obvious. Therefore, although he created it he can't take full credit for it taking off.

Now for the WikiHow.com's guide on How To Be Charismatic:
- 2 says that you should treat everyone as your equal. Wrestlers aren't supposed to been seen as equal to the fans.
- 3 says, "If you are stuck up, no one will feel that they have to listen to you". I wonder if JBL, Ric Flair or Rick Rude has ever seen this.
- 8 goes against every heel in the business.
Basically, I'm saying this guide holds no weight in professional wrestling and it should be called 'How To Fool People Into Thinking You're Charismatic'. Just because it's a WikiHow article doesn't mean that it's truthful.

Also, why do you keep mentioning that you can learn how to be charismatic as if it's so important? Bryan's always been able to cut a promo, his heel work in ROH was awesome. It's like the WWE have made into what he is mic wise, he's always been able to talk.

It baffles me that you don't find Punk charismatic and do find Bryan charismatic. The only difference that I've found between face Bryan and heel Bryan is that heel Bryan is louder and looks a lot more angry. I wouldn't consider him in the top five. Please explain to me in what way is he so charismatic.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I hear "YES!"

He isn't compelling. He's very boring and he is doing a terrible job at playing a heel right now. Sorry but that's the way I feel.

I disagree. It would make sense for him to be a face. Stone Cole Steve Austin had a feud with his boss and stood against what the company represented (anti-hero). I think it would make sense for him to be a heel rather than a face because as I said before, his points are valid. He doesn't have to be the typical hero that we have been presented with over the past few years but definitely a badass face.
You're just beating your head against a wall trying to convince CM Punk's fans that Daniel Bryan is more entertaining right now. Obviously they will never agree with you no matter how valid your points are, so don't push so hard.

I definitely think Punk is charismatic, just not in the same sense that Bryan is. Punk makes people listen when he talks, which is great, but Bryan can make fans interact, which is much harder. All a CM Punk mark is going to say to that is, "Well it's just a 'yes' chant and that's it blah blah blah" but it's still more connection than Punk gets with his fans... period. Punk is strictly a rant artist. While though extremely captivating at times (which is his strong suite), he's also known to go off into confusing tangents and miss the mark with his points. Bryan fumbles his words too, however, he never misses a beat with the audience, which is much more important.

And frankly, whether it was his debut on NXT, the tie incident, or Wrestlemania 28 that got him over, it's completely irrelevant how it happened. You can twist the definition of "charisma" any way you want or define it by whoever's interpretation you want to... but the fact remains Bryan never has to do much to get people to stand up and participate in the WWE live experience, which to me is a lot more fun to be a part of than sitting down and listening to CM Punk talk.