Praise for Daniel Bryan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Gonna have to really disagree about the most charismatic let alone it being easily. I think you got to give Punk and Cena their respect in that regard. Despite what you may think about their mic material or whatever their charisma is undeniable. Bryan being charismatic didn't start coming up until the no yes stuff while Cena has been one of the most charismatic guys for years and Punk ever since he started in the business really.

No one is taking anything away from Cena or Punk when they say Bryan is the most charismatic guy at the moment (key words there). Cena & Punk are 2&3 easily, but the last two months or so have been all Bryan.

Reactions: 1 person

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Daniel Bryan has evolved and he is definitely the most charismatic wrestler in the WWE at the moment. Just because Cena and Punk had charisma from the beginning doesn't mean they are any better or that Daniel can't work on improving that. He has and he is definitely the man to watch in the WWE right now.

No one is taking anything away from Cena or Punk when they say Bryan is the most charismatic guy at the moment (key words there). Cena & Punk are 2&3 easily, but the last two months or so have been all Bryan.
You guys are mixing up entertaining and charisma. You can't lose charisma Gee you always have that. Here is a example to prove that. John Morrison during the dirt sheet segments was very entertaining cause he got the right material but no one (I hope not anyways) will dare say Jomo is charismatic. I'm not saying Bryan doesn't have charisma just don't think it's as much as you guys think or else it wouldn't have taken this long for it to shine through. Guy is very entertaining lately and knocking it out of the park but don't confuse that with him having more charisma than Cena or Punk.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think you're underestimating him, PHX. The guy has been massively over since Day 1 on NXT. Remember the shit storm his release after the tie incident caused? That's not something he's ever been without in WWE.

Reaction score
I think you're underestimating him, PHX. The guy has been massively over since Day 1 on NXT. Remember the shit storm his release after the tie incident caused? That's not something he's ever been without in WWE.

YES! I mentioned this before. :D

It is true, Ricky. He was over in NXT too. His release upset a lot of people. People do care about Daniel Bryan.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
When did I ever say he wasn't over or under-estimated his overness or said people didn't care about him? I'm strictly speaking on something you have inside or out the ring. To me Punk and Cena have more stand out personalities without having to try even when they aren't in front of a WWE camera. As I said not saying Bryan doesn't have any charisma just don't think he is as naturally charismatic as those two guys in particular.

Reaction score
Ricky, The Rock wasn't exactly »Mr. Personality» when he started off either. He was generic and the fans didn't care much about him. He had to work on it and look at him now, he is still considered to be one of the most charismatic wrestlers of all time. Sometimes it's just a matter of working on what you have. Daniel has found his strenghts and yes, at the moment, he is more charismatic and entertaining than Punk and Cena.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Ricky, The Rock wasn't exactly »Mr. Personality» when he started off either. He was generic and the fans didn't care much about him. He had to work on it and look at him now, he is still considered to be one of the most charismatic wrestlers of all time. Sometimes it's just a matter of working on what you have. Daniel has found his strenghts and yes, at the moment, he is more charismatic and entertaining than Punk and Cena.
But Rock was known as charismatic person before wrestling though which is why it didn't come to surprise to people who knew Rock that he became so entertaining in wrestling and you can tell in none wrestling related stuff Rock can draw people to his personality cause he is just a naturally charismatic person. Rock didn't have a character when he first started and just got thrown out there as smiley babyface number 9393938 so of course that wasn't a platform to show his personality. Bryan didn't just start wrestling and as far as I know hasn't been hailed as being a naturally charismatic person. I'm not saying the guy is Dean Malenko in charisma but I'm not gonna agree that when it comes to natural charisma as a person that he is on par with guys who have been known as charismatic people their whole lives just simply because he's been able to be funny these past few months.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Rock didn't have a character when he first started and just got thrown out there as smiley babyface number 9393938 so of course that wasn't a platform to show his personality.
But you could pretty much say the same thing for Bryan too right? He was just Indy nerd, geek, vegan doesnt have a TV and was ridiculed to shit over commentary. It wasn't really till he became the WHC (I think it was) when he started getting lots of mic time every week on SmackDown and started to develop a character and a personality and to show he is actually a charismatic person.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But you could pretty much say the same thing for Bryan too right? He was just Indy nerd, geek, vegan doesnt have a TV and was ridiculed to shit over commentary. It wasn't really till he became the WHC (I think it was) when he started getting lots of mic time every week on SmackDown and started to develop a character and a personality and to show he is actually a charismatic person.

I was about to say this. Other than a few on NXT, he hardly had any extended promo time at all before he won the belt.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's why I said he didn't just start wrestling or anything referring to his indy days where he's spent most of his career. If he was known as a charismatic guy back then in ROH and such then correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't just talking about his WWE career.

Reaction score
But Rock was known as charismatic person before wrestling though which is why it didn't come to surprise to people who knew Rock that he became so entertaining in wrestling and you can tell in none wrestling related stuff Rock can draw people to his personality cause he is just a naturally charismatic person. Rock didn't have a character when he first started and just got thrown out there as smiley babyface number 9393938 so of course that wasn't a platform to show his personality. Bryan didn't just start wrestling and as far as I know hasn't been hailed as being a naturally charismatic person. I'm not saying the guy is Dean Malenko in charisma but I'm not gonna agree that when it comes to natural charisma as a person that he is on par with guys who have been known as charismatic people their whole lives just simply because he's been able to be funny these past few months.

Yeah but Ricky, you can improve your charisma. I don't think you have to be born charismatic in order to have that quality. You can definitely build on that. Look at Trish Stratus, for example, she wasn't exactly charismatic when she started out. She was eye candy and a couple of years later, that all changed. She did show her charisma. If she didn't, she wouldn't have been main eventing Raw or having segments with wrestlers like The Rock. That is definitely the case with Daniel Bryan. He didn't really have the opportunity to work with much until recently.

TKK

Reaction score
I'm sorry but, Daniel Bryan is not the most charismatic wrestler on the roster. No one here has really given any justification as to how he is either. He's great for what he is. He's found something that works wonders for his character, but shouting one word loud and repetitively does not make you charismatic. By that logic, Ron Simmons would be one of the most charismatic wrestlers of the decade because, see how ridiculous that sounds? (I realise that I'm exaggerating to prove a point, but it's still a valid point) Bryan does have some charisma, but not at the level of Punk or Cena. Chris Jericho was the definition of charisma during his first run in the WWE, he could talk about literally anything and people would be fascinated or at least, interested. Cena and Punk can both do that to a lesser extent. Can you really say that about Bryan? I know that I can't. Some of his mic work as World Heavyweight Champion was questionable and became boring. He's best in small doses because his character is still very one dimensional. He's always been good at getting people to get behind what he says. Who else could get fans to chant, "You're Gonna Get Your Fucking Head Kicked In"? Bryan has his strengths, charisma is not one of them.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm sorry but, Daniel Bryan is not the most charismatic wrestler on the roster. No one here has really given any justification as to how he is either. He's great for what he is. He's found something that works wonders for his character, but shouting one word loud and repetitively does not make you charismatic. By that logic, Ron Simmons would be one of the most charismatic wrestlers of the decade because, see how ridiculous that sounds? (I realise that I'm exaggerating to prove a point, but it's still a valid point) Bryan does have some charisma, but not at the level of Punk or Cena. Chris Jericho was the definition of charisma during his first run in the WWE, he could talk about literally anything and people would be fascinated or at least, interested. Cena and Punk can both do that to a lesser extent. Can you really say that about Bryan? I know that I can't. Some of his mic work as World Heavyweight Champion was questionable and became boring. He's best in small doses because his character is still very one dimensional. He's always been good at getting people to get behind what he says. Who else could get fans to chant, "You're Gonna Get Your Fucking Head Kicked In"? Bryan has his strengths, charisma is not one of them.

You make a fair point except that Bryan has showed his range, he has proven that he can comedy very well, he can do deadpan too and I think it is also the passion he shows when winning or losing a match which really make fans believe in him. One of the reasons why I think he can stay near the top of the card for many years to come is because how flexible he is and how he can work a good match or feud with anyone.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Charisma (n) - Compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.

I think Bryan has that down.