• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poké-Chat

Rosie

Dark Side
I do not mind the idea of returning to a revamped Kanto. Mix later gen mons with the Kanto ones, "update" the region, new characters, new story, and allowing me to have both my boy Noodles and Sylveon on the same team, I'm all good with it. But some of the other things I am "bleh" on.

Solid Snake

Champion
vbmvm.jpg

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Anything appearing on 4chan that's being used as evidence can be ignored. That website is wholly untrustworthy. C'mon, are you guys really putting faith in the people that pretend to adopt and murder pitbulls just to get a rise out of people on Twitter?

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/4chan-trolls-pitbull-dropoff/

They make up bullshit daily for kicks. This logo probably isn't any different.

Now I'm gonna drop some thoughts on what the game is supposed to be.

• If the female character isn't Yellow or Green despite Blue and Red being rivals, this game is unplayable. The 4chan post cited by the article makes it sound like Blue and Red are merely story characters and aren't your rival, in which case meaning that ignoring Yellow and Green wouldn't be a big deal. Still, it'd be nice to see the two used as NPCs if Blue and Red are running around.
  • The rider function is utter trash. Why am I able to ride a Lapras if I don't own a Lapras? The player should be required to actually own a Pokemon in order to use it as a ride. If not, then we should be forced to fork over Pokeyen/Pokedollars/Pokewhateverthefuckthecurrencyiscalled in order to use them. Make us earn them! Besides, if our Pokemon will follow us like in Heartgold/Soulsilver, then there's no excuse not to let ownership determine riding.
  • Did I mention Pokemon following us? Because that's awesome and I totally endorse it.
  • Integration with a Pokemon GO account is an utter meme. Unless Nintendo releases Pokemon GO for the 3DS, why would they link it with the Switch? Nintendo isn't selling their own phone, so this won't be linking to another Nintendo product. It doesn't make sense to me. Who wants to be forced to go buy a new phone just to enjoy a console game to its fullest ability?
  • If one of the games is focused on Pikachu, then will we be having an incentive not to evolve it into Raichu? Like getting a special item that raises Pikachu's stats sorta like Marowak's bone.
  • Motion controls for catching a Pokemon could be fun for a little while sorta like how swinging around a lightsaber in Force Unleashed was fun on wii. Slight problem, though: who on earth is going to sit there for twenty minutes doing that motion when trying to catch a legendary?
  • There's no word on handholding, but I'd appreciate it if they'd drop that garbage and give us an RPG that's less railroaded. I like getting to choose which area I tackle next like in Heartgold/Soulsilver and Firered/Leafgreen.
Firered and Leafgreen are superior to Red and Blue in literally every way. I for one am quite fond of the game being more balanced.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Oh trust me, I am usually very skeptical of leaks and whatnot but this one seems to have a lot of smoke.
Reminds me a bit of the starter leaks from SM, they looked fake as fuck to me... until I saw Mallow.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
I'm totally cool with returning to Kanto, great region, love the Pokemon and there's nothing that says they can't include later gen Pokemon in Kanto as well. Also totally cool with the idea of a remake of Yellow. I haven't played HG/SS but FR/LG and ORAS are fantastic so a remake of Yellow would be up my alley. Lots of people don't want more remakes, but I'm a sucker for nostalgia, so bite me.

But please keep elements of Pokemon Go and anything to do with that game out of the mainline games, kthx.

Solid Snake

Champion
Yeah I don't mind going back to remakes, I loved Alpha Sapphire. I just don't want the core of the game to change THAT much.