• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Burchill

Airfixx

A guy like Burchill doesn't need a gimmick... Benoit-like booking would be enough to get him over as a bastard hard heel. (It really does seem like WWE have forgot how to book guys like this.)

I thought 2008 was gonna see the Burchill assume an notably active role chasing the IC & Women's titles accordingly... Next thing ya know Santino's got the belt and Paul's being squashed by Batista.

Katie Lea and Paul Burchill are both awesome sauce in a can. Move them both to ECW and let them knock some people out over there, just dont let him go to waste just because creative can't think of a "gimmick" for him. Give him "No Gimmick Needed" and let him curb stomp some bitches, its just a darn shame to see him being so misused.

I'd say he wasn't being used at ALL, but otherwise, yeah... I totally agree. Especially as, with MnM2k8 on Raw all the time, ECW could do with peeps that can have a good WRESTLING match with the likes of Matt, Finlay and Bourne rather than the big-man heels that have become so typical.

...I mean, Finlay v Burchill - That shit'd be just awesome!!!

WWFAndrew

I have to fully agree, this is has to be the most wasted talent on the roster right now.. he could go so many places.

NewHBK

They should have made more of that Ripper Gimmick he had in OVW. Hope he wont be released too soon. This guy has much potential.

CenaMark54

Burchill looks too much like Triple H.

So Trips had him buried.

No biggie.

noumenon

Burchill (re?)debuted with some great dominant matches on RAW. As soon as they fed him to Jamie Noble two weeks in a row I knew it was all over for him.
Somehow he managed to escape the recent releases.
Now he's been moved over to ECW...where again he's been on a fantastic losing streak. I don't think he's got too much longer in the company.

This guy should still be on RAW in the IC Title division feuding with guys like CM Punk. It's a shame some of the talent WWE wastes.

CenaMark54

^^^The thing is though, he has had plenty of matches to actually show some personality. Its not like he has been kept off TV. He has also had several backstage segments.

The WWE is giving him a chance, he is just not over right now. I actually really like Burchill too. Its just partly his fault, not just booking.

noumenon

You can't really blame this one on him. He did his job, kicking people's faces into the mat..lol. And yeah he was kept of TV for a few months. He portrayed his character just fine. But destroying Super Crazy and Kendrick really wasn't enough to get him over. He should have been inserted into a legit feud sooner.
And how could the guy be portrayed as dominant if they use him to put over Jamie fuckin Noble...a guy half his size who hasn't been seen since getting bitched by Regal.

The Rated R CMStar

Did you forget how he debuted? He practically challenged for the IC belt immediately and started a semi-feud with Mr. Kennedy. He got mic time and the chance...and still, people cared more about Katie.

LKP

I like burchill as Ive said in my ecw posts. Should be ecw champion already. He has got the size, look,power, wrestling ability and manager. Paul burchill in ovw picked up mark henry above his head and dropped him down into a spear/spine buster. Kind of like what Goldberg used to do. By saying that i mean he has awesome power and ability to do that. Id give him the mic and have katie lea leave him after hes getting to big and doesn't need her anymore. Yes feed him the nobles and wany yangs, then give him a fued with finlay to push him. Ecw champion by the end of the year would be a great achievement from the british brawler.

OWeapon

Maybe we should send this thread into WWE so Vince can get the picture. Paul Burchill needs a push! Please! For the good of your WWE fans!

LKP

Mind you wether they do what i said or not. Will the wwe fans really care about him? Its wwe's job to make a good heel or face. I think he can be the best heel in wwe. The ripper paul burchill should stomp people faces into the floor and rip them apart with his talent and strength.

OWeapon

Yeah. If the WWE are looking for more family programming, bring back the pirate gimmick. That gimmick was awesome. It could turn Burchill face and he can go after Swagger.

LKP

Yeah anything really get get him over heel or face. Get people to care and have him do the flip bottom again and bam there ya go.

noumenon

^Best heel in WWE? Okay, now this thread has officially gotten out of hand.