Official WWE '13 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I really don't care about text on the dude's gear. Didn't notice it. I'm jacked that they are releasing the Kimura Lock in a month or two.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Brock came back and started using the kimura immediately, I'm a little meh that I have to wait to be able to use it but I guess it's at least in.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I've been thinking it through, but I've decided that I'm gonna go with Assassin's Creed over this game for now. I'll wait until the end of December when all the DLC is available and I'll get in on it then. Honestly, this game just seems intentionally incomplete and that's ultimately the deal-breaker for me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've been thinking it through, but I've decided that I'm gonna go with Assassin's Creed over this game for now. I'll wait until the end of December when all the DLC is available and I'll get in on it then. Honestly, this game just seems intentionally incomplete and that's ultimately the deal-breaker for me.

Isn't there DLC being released in January too lol? I'm pretty sure that's the one with Sandow, Cesaro and some others.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Right away you get the attitude era pack, Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty, Grand Master Sexay, Gangrel and Val Venis

in December 30 you get Tensai, Ryback, Drew McIntyre, Yoshi Tatsu, AJ, Natalya, and Undertaker Ministry attire, plus the titles pack which is ten championship

and in January no release date given you get Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso, Layla, Brian Pillman and Chainsaw Charlie, plus the 20 moves pack.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Right away you get the attitude era pack, Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty, Grand Master Sexay, Gangrel and Val Venis

in December 30 you get Tensai, Ryback, Drew McIntyre, Yoshi Tatsu, AJ, Natalya, and Undertaker Ministry attire, plus the titles pack which is ten championship

and in January no release date given you get Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso, Layla, Brian Pillman and Chainsaw Charlie, plus the 20 moves pack.

Right off the bat... Tensai, Ryback, Gangrel, Chainsaw Charlie, Sandow, and Cesaro were 6 wrestlers I was looking forward to the most that haven't been available previously. Gangrel and "Albert" were on much, much older games so they don't really count and may as well be their 1st appearances too. The fact I have to pay money on top of the $60 I already pay for this game and then wait 2 or 3 months before they're even available is just fucking stupid and there's nothing anyone can say that justifies it.

At least I know when I buy Assassin's Creed, I'll have a complete game and any DLC that comes later will be completely optional and extra. That's not the case with WWE13 because of course I want ALL the wrestlers. Like... how is that even an option? Do you want more or less? Who the fuck chooses the latter? I would rather THQ just make me pay $75 for the game right now rather than fuck me around and send me back to the PS Store every month.

Reaction score
Right off the bat... Tensai, Ryback, Gangrel, Chainsaw Charlie, Sandow, and Cesaro were 6 wrestlers I was looking forward to the most that haven't been available previously. Gangrel and "Albert" were on much, much older games so they don't really count and may as well be their 1st appearances too. The fact I have to pay money on top of the $60 I already pay for this game and then wait 2 or 3 months before they're even available is just fucking stupid and there's nothing anyone can say that justifies it.

The worst part about it is, we know it's already on the disc because of all the Gameplay stuff they use during Raw. On top of that, someone at THQ (I think it may have been Cory) told someone if they wanted to use a locked wrestler to "ask someone at Best Buy to unlock the wrestler for you".

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
locked wrestler meant someone who you have to unlock in story mode or something, as far as the pack contents in case people don't know

Titles:
- WWE John Cena United States Championship
- WCW Cruiserweight Championship
- WCW World Tag Team Championship
- WCW Hardcore Championship
- WCW n.W.o. World Heavyweight Championship
- WCW United States Championship
- ECW Classic World Heavyweight Championship
- ECW World Television Championship
- ECW World Tag Team Championship
- AWA Classic World Heavyweight Championship

Moves Pack:
- Brock Lesnar's Kimura Lock
- Chris Jericho's Lionsault
- Triangle Dropkick
- The Hart Lock
- Top Rope Super German Suplex
- Superkick/Pedigree Combo
- Delayed Vertical Suplex Powerslam
- Omega Driver
- Airplane Spin
- Top Rope Brainbuster
- Flapjack/Cutter Combo
- Small Package Driver
- Sleeper Suplex
- Brock Lock
- Spinning Double Leg Takedown
- Fujiwara Armbar
- Pin-Up Strong
- Lift Single Underhook DDT
- Corner Back Elbow Strikes
- Half-Nelson Backbreaker

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I agree with the DLC thing. THQ is a greedy bastard and always has been. Sandow, Ryback, and easily Tensai should have made the cut off date. Same goes for Usos, and Tatsu, and McIntrye.

And sorry for the language, but where the fuck is Bourne? I know he got in trouble and shit, but he has been in all the previous games since his debut. Seriously, if they aren't going to use him, release him so he can go do something.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bourne hasn't been seen on WWE TV literally this whole year, I see no reason for him to be in, Khali's made more appearances. The only time I've seen guys who've hardly made appearances throughout the year being in the game was when they were a part of the story mode like Husky Harris last year.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
I agree with the DLC thing. THQ is a greedy bastard and always has been. Sandow, Ryback, and easily Tensai should have made the cut off date. Same goes for Usos, and Tatsu, and McIntrye.

And sorry for the language, but where the fuck is Bourne? I know he got in trouble and shit, but he has been in all the previous games since his debut. Seriously, if they aren't going to use him, release him so he can go do something.

well right now he's not in trouble, he's injured, if they release him he still won't be able to do anything. That said Evan Bourne and Tyson Kidd not being in was the worst news for me, because I usually push those two up the card rather quickly. I have Bourne do pull out wins out of nowhere things while I have Kidd as a heel and usually put a body guard with him, last year was Ryan and for a time being Big Show. I especially hate that Kidd is gone though, even more so when Tatsu is in, I have literately never once used Yoshi Tatsu. DiBiase will be lost in my universe cause I had him in a tag team with McGillicutty, honestly my whole Universe is pretty screwed with the attitude era hard on. While it's all fun and good I keep it rather up to date so I'm not going to be using them all that much to be completely honest. Plus my greater memories of the attitude era aren't even the games timeline so meh.

Sandow, Ryback, Tensai I actually expected not to make the cut, McIntyre should of been in originally plus all those moves in the moves pack is so...idk ugh. I mean all these moves should be in the game, all these moves are for people in the game not for the dlc people, I mean we've seen the moves in play why do we have to wait months to do a triangle dropkick or lionsault with Chris Jericho in an attitude era game or Brock Lesnars Kimura lock a move he's used for a year in a new game.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean Rey. From the sounds of it, we play a lot alike. I do the same thing, and will spend hours in my universe making it up to date as close as possible. Hopefully someone will make a good Bourne and Kidd for CC cause I downloaded a beast Tensai last year out of that. And I had a good Ryback too that I used in Universe.

I'm looking forward to Universe the most honestly. Might make a sure just for the legends and attitude stars. Kinda like a past show or whatever.

Reaction score
[MENTION=20]rawisrey[/MENTION] I know what locked wrestlers are, but whoever said it said that the Best Buy people could just basically punch in a code and wala, it's there. I'm pretty sure it was in reply to someone asking if they could play as Ryback.

[MENTION=32]Tapout[/MENTION] I understand that it's easy to blame THQ, but the WWE could have not approved them until after the cutoff date. The WWE likes to dick around with that stuff. They didn't even approve Tyson Kidd.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;9DXJXKdn7QQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9DXJXKdn7QQ[/video]

Paul "THE GREAT" Wight