Official WWE '13 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm starting to think the games are pretty much as good as they're going to get in this current, ever-restricting sports game format they are going for. I'll probably enjoy this game, but I think the best thing for the developers to do is take a couple/few years off (just keep updating the latest game with up-do-date content in the meeanwhile) and try to think up a completely new concept for these games or try expanding upon the old, arcade style.

The way I would do this is to look at how the wrestling world (at least the WWE kayfabe world) would work in a videogame context, rather than the current approach of simply trying to replicate the experience of WWE through videogames. I see the current WWE games as some kind of alternate medium of watching a WWE match, not as wrestling videogames.

I was pondering over this idea I had for a WWE game a couple of nights ago. Here Comes the Pain and I think Shut Your Mouth are the games closest to my vision. Its an open world-ish game where you start working from the bottom-up, probably as a CAW. And I'm thinking of focusing the entire bloody game around this expansive campaign (side modes with exhibition matches, etc) with tons and tons and tons of scripted possibilities along the way. Get rid of these Universe Modes and Create a Storyline modes that nobody really wants. I'd go all out with hundreds of scripted possibilities for storylines, allies and enemies.

I seriously spent a lot of time seriously devoting thought to this concept, and you can too. Imagine something along the lines of the WWE Universe version of Skyrim and if you're like me, you'll spend time mentally frothing over the possibilities. Side-quests and main quest lines, heel/face morality systems for mutliple storyline paths and endings, class building for different wrestling styles, the whole fucking deal. Even keep the same gameplay engine to minimise effort.

Or perhaps a more linear, but nonetheless expansive campaign like Grand Theft Auto's (free roam restricted to backstage/arena/parking to maintain kayfabe), where you start out doing missions for low level jobbers (WWE's Roman Bell-- Santino!!) then eventually working your way up the ranks in a totally pre-determined, but deep, story campaign. You start as an NXT jobber and overcoming them to prove yourself for the big leagues, then you tangle with the mid-carders like Dolph and Kofi whilst becoming a rising star, get framed by John Laurainitis or something and become heel, culminating in the third act where you discover the true meaning of Christmas, turn face and defeat the evil arch CM Punk at Wrestlemania.

Maybe I'm being dreamy again, but THIS is something I'd be glad to hand over my money to see manifest. Truly new ideas, and like I said, the most fun way to do this is to imagine how the current WWE Universe, in all its ridiculousness and its vulnerability to parody, would function in a videogame world. New ideas, dammit! I'll probably like WWE 13, but its only just hit me how these games have been pretty much exactly the same at the core when the SvR series first started and almost every tentative change around the outskirts have been unsuccessful. Isn't there at least one dude at THQ who's tired of making exactly the same game yet?

EDIT - Had more ideas

EDIT 2 - Your people are on the Twitter, spread ny voice!

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It got the idea from LOM but it is much better imo (though it doesn't let you rewrite history like LO) as you not only do exact moments from mania but they do exact promos/cutscenes from that time period too which is pretty cool to see. Little specifics like what attire or music they had at the time for the most part being added is also nice. It's not a deep mode or anything and probably could have been better but if you want to relive attitude era moments you'll be pretty amused by it
Those were 4 good triple threats. In hindsight Rey wasn't smart, but boy I love the new 619. I also at least got to say Rey tackled Lesnar through the security wall and could imagine pyro saying fuck that Mexican floppy midget

And DDP. That's my dude on the game. I catch myself screaming bang when I pop the cutter. You were being stubborn thought at first with all the reversing while I as going for it

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm devistated it isn't WCW DDP, jeans, puffy hair and shit. If he's DLC I'll get a CAW of him for sure.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
@Defiant yeah I agree that if they waited longer in between games they would turn out better but in reality they won't think about doing it since they'd be missing out on money. I like the create a storyline mode just think they should put aspects of it as well as the gm mode they took out into universe mode to make one mode.

@PSYCH the 3 way matches were fun and didn't have any glitching for once it seemed. Seeing Rey do a OMG moment on Brock was some awkward funny shit. Glad I finally won one with Austin in the last 3 way.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Pyro floating over on the power bomb was a god damn surprise. I wasn't ready to be pinned but I was having fun with Kane. Still say ddp is my best guy

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
They finally have some new DLC that should have been in the game in the first place, i.e. Damien Sandow, Cesaro and Ryback.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I see they now have "CM Punk Update" for .99 cents. What do you get? The stupid ice cream bar shirt that he hasn't worn forever. I was expecting the yellow GTS shirt or the Knees to Faces shirt. I did buy Ryback, Cesaro and Sandow and they got the likenesses and entrances spot on.

Matthew

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need help getting the achievement that requires you to get 5 different people to rate your community creation. I was wondering if you would go rate my storyline creation titled "Rated R Return". My gamertag is NerdxBomb. I'm more than willing to return the favor. Also the storyline isn't a throw away. It is a 3 week program between Christian, CM Punk and Edge.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Twitter feed of Ben Wilson/@BenjiWilson
Editor of Official PlayStation Magazine UK.

"Rasslin' games related news nugget: Apparently WWE has a get out clause in its contract which means it, and not THQ, gets to decide on who picks up the series' rights. Word is it's already in "close" negotiations with one publisher in particular. Deal could be "imminent"."

Own opinion:
"While most want EA to pick up WWE, it'd surely move it in-house. Personally would prefer someone who'd keep Yuke's on. Ubi/Warner/Square?!"

Hm interesting that WWE has the decision. Prob better. Wonder who will pick it up. Unpredictable with all the publishers out there but one would assume EA?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yes! Yes! Yes! ... Not EA ... Yes! Yes! Yes!

Reaction score
2K most likely means not seeing a push to change the game out of Yuke's hands. Having 2K managing the license is at least something interesting and new. I wouldn't mind seeing another studio get a shot at making a WWE game and this makes that much more possible. In 2K's position you'd probably be best off letting Yuke's continue making games for the current gen and letting another studio take a crack at building something for next generation consoles.
What sucks is this makes me wonder how long they'll be supporting the servers for WWE '13, the already very unstable WWE '13 servers. Oh well I guess at least I have all my DLC and everything backed up on a thumbdrive.

Reaction score
good news for anyone still holding onto your semi-broken version of WWE '13, the community managers have stated that there is still a big patch on the way. There was no word on when the patch will come out but I'll hold onto a little hope that this is legit going to happen and they aren't just trying to cool people down in the forums who are tired of dealing with all the problems this game has.

Kassidy

Reaction score
this is ufc 3 all over again, I highly doubt there will be a patch.