Official WWE '13 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I just got sick of putting the same wrestlers against the same wrestlers every week, so I just took the Ratings Hit and mixed it up every week.
I remember having a ric flair/John Cena feud lol

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;Jdwjq92hnDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jdwjq92hnDA[/video]

Reaction score
Never had the patience for GM mode.

Just wanted to beat my friends at it while I drink beer.

I couldn't stand GM mode. It was a terrible rip-off of EWR. If I want to play EWR, I'll play EWR. I feel Universe Mode is far better. I can book what I want and actually wrestle the matches. I don't pay $50 for these games to play a bunch of BS text fantasy booker games.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I couldn't stand GM mode. It was a terrible rip-off of EWR. If I want to play EWR, I'll play EWR. I feel Universe Mode is far better. I can book what I want and actually wrestle the matches. I don't pay $50 for these games to play a bunch of BS text fantasy booker games.

The game wasn't just GM mode, you know.

Also, you could play the matches.

Universe mode has no point to it. It had promise but got boring after 1 week of shows. I could play GM mode for years.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The game wasn't just GM mode, you know.

Also, you could play the matches.

Universe mode has no point to it. It had promise but got boring after 1 week of shows. I could play GM mode for years.
The problem with Universe mode is there's no real sense of accomplishment that comes with putting in all that work. At least with GM mode, you had a ratings war to tend to and you were always in competition with another show, which is the ultimate level of competition in professional wrestling. And that's the way it should have stayed.

As I previously noted, the former GM mode was easy to exploit and was far from perfect, but it should have been improved on rather than being outright abandoned in favor of a Universe mode that offers no competition from a booker's perspective (which is still your only perspective). It's fun booking feuds that culminate in ppv titles matches and such, but what does it all mean at the end of the year? Nothing, really. Reinstating the element of competition between brands would fix that complaint that Universe mode is a lot like masturbation after a while.

Reactions: 1 person

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Universe mode is pretty amazing but probably could use the sense of accomplishment which is where the if they mixed GM mode and universe mode together I think it would turn out great.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Universe mode is pretty amazing but probably could use the sense of accomplishment which is where the if they mixed GM mode and universe mode together I think it would turn out great.
Yeah don't get me wrong, Universe mode is still fun. The only problem is, when it starts to get old, it gets really old almost immediately. Once you make all your favorite wrestlers world champions and wipe the floor with everyone else, that's pretty much the end of the line. But if you only had control of one show and couldn't control who the other show drafted from you (or edit the rosters and bring them back afterwards if you were unhappy about the draft) it could throw some interesting wrinkles into the fold.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think the next step they are gonna take that will be big for universe mode would be putting it online. Being able to have your own company/show online basically would be amazing.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think the next step they are gonna take that will be big for universe mode would be putting it online. Being able to have your own company/show online basically would be amazing.
Think you may be right about that. Like Connected Careers in Madden. That would be fucking amazing.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;Tu2hlgZktl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tu2hlgZktl4[/video]

[video=youtube;-5lc0WycVKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-5lc0WycVKU[/video]

[video=youtube;vsAPENLeKHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vsAPENLeKHc[/video]

Reaction score
Yeah I couldn't find a Best Buy with it within 15 miles of here. I can wait one week for it. It's so close.

So close to the day where Big Boss Man redeems his Hell in a Cell match by throwing Justin Gabriel to his death.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
^ Then cooks his dog and feeds it to him.

Reaction score
I feel like just yesterday the game was over 30 days away, anD now it's just 8.

I was watching someone's video of them playing at Best Buy and it looks very, very smooth.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I haven't checked but I'm assuming they haven't or won't put up a demo for this game in PS3 store.