Official WWE '13 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
There's a lot of children in the comments section of the THQ article all freaking out about Cena's rating too. Children.

You know there's this thing called attribute editor where you can edit the ratings. That's exactly why Ted DiBiase will be rated 0 in my game and relegated to never appearing on anything ever.

Yeah, as long as you get the Fan Axxess (or don't mind spending $2 for the "Accelerator"), you'll be able to edit the ratings. I'm worried that if you get the Accelerator, that it'll automatically unlock everything and I just don't want that to happen.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Yeah, as long as you get the Fan Axxess (or don't mind spending $2 for the "Accelerator"), you'll be able to edit the ratings. I'm worried that if you get the Accelerator, that it'll automatically unlock everything and I just don't want that to happen.
it is an option as in you don't have to unlock everything automatically if you get it. I'm pretty sure that was confirmed not 100% though

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I looked at the statistics video... not the whole thing but from what I saw... its precisely what I have been wanting for the longest of times. Ever since HCTP.

Did they have a win/loss record for each superstar as well? Cause I know in HCTP they had that and then you can go further and see who beat them and who lost to them and see those records. Pretty sweet how that game had all of that.

Also... I miss GM mode. :p

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I just preordered it and I was told that the bonus is Mike Tyson. Should be interesting. I am siked to be able to play as the bigboss man, Xpac, and the godfather for the first time. This should be an epic game. Hopefully far better than wwe12

Reaction score
I looked at the statistics video... not the whole thing but from what I saw... its precisely what I have been wanting for the longest of times. Ever since HCTP.

Did they have a win/loss record for each superstar as well? Cause I know in HCTP they had that and then you can go further and see who beat them and who lost to them and see those records. Pretty sweet how that game had all of that.

Also... I miss GM mode. :p

GM Mode was by far my favorite mode in any of the wrestling games. It's the sole reason I say Smackdown vs Raw 2007/08 are my second favorite wrestling games of all-time, next to Here Comes The Pain.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;AotXgA0D7J8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AotXgA0D7J8[/video]

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
GM Mode was by far my favorite mode in any of the wrestling games. It's the sole reason I say Smackdown vs Raw 2007/08 are my second favorite wrestling games of all-time, next to Here Comes The Pain.

I always had those awesome feuds that would last like 12 or 13 weeks. The PPV shows would always be top notch. And these weren't even title matches. These were just feuds. Mannnn I miss it.

Reaction score
I always had those awesome feuds that would last like 12 or 13 weeks. The PPV shows would always be top notch. And these weren't even title matches. These were just feuds. Mannnn I miss it.

I'm not even going to lie, I sucked at it. I was horrible. I don't think I ever won in the Ratings, but it was just the fact that I got to control everything that made it fun for me. I went out and bought SVR 2008 a few months ago for the 360 (because I let my older brother borrow my PS2 for GTA: San Andreas) and that was the first thing I did. I loved being able to do the Draft at the very beginning.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I'm not even going to lie, I sucked at it. I was horrible. I don't think I ever won in the Ratings, but it was just the fact that I got to control everything that made it fun for me. I went out and bought SVR 2008 a few months ago for the 360 (because I let my older brother borrow my PS2 for GTA: San Andreas) and that was the first thing I did. I loved being able to do the Draft at the very beginning.
I always lost in the ratings as well. Except for when I wet against my friend. He would be Raw and I would be Smackdown. My first pick was almost always Edge or Jeff Hardy (I was a huge Hardy & Edge fan).

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Never had the patience for GM mode.

Just wanted to beat my friends at it while I drink beer.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Still debating between this and Assassins Creed that comes out the same day. Both consume a ton of hours and I'm still playing Madden like nuts, so I'll only have time for one or the other for the next couple months.

Thing is, I really love the Attitude era stuff, but I fucking HATE how much DLC this game has. Some of the most interesting characters and new guys making their first appearance are guys I'll have to pay extra for. That's seriously off-putting. They should really chill out with the DLC. Particularly when guys like Sandow and Ryback are ALREADY AVAILABLE but THQ would rather make us pay extra just because. That's fucking gay beyond belief. Just include everything now and add stuff you haven't already made yet later. I fucking hate THQ when they pull this crap.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

Whenever I competed against the computer it would always start off close... always did. But then I'd find a way to pull ahead and after that... no catchin me. I was a booking genius. As soon as a feud went stale I changed it to a new one. My created wrestlers were my mega stars... always took time to build them but once they were established... mannn it made life so much easier.

Heh... I just liked every single aspect of GM Mode. Especially when I would win the ratings war. I'd use Raw and then I'd use smackdown just cause I wanted to win with both shows. But yeah I spent a lotta time messing around with it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
GM mode was a good concept, but it was broken beyond belief on the game. There wasn't anything beyond the overall ratings of your wrestlers that really brought in ratings. I discovered a way to cheese that system and just annihilated the competition.

All you had to do was trade your first pick for like 3 jobbers. Then book all your weekly show cards as 3-on-1 handicap matches against those jobbers and start feuds with them. Your ratings suck for the first few weeks, but in the meantime everyone else on the roster gets +1 and within a couple months you have like 15 guys with overall rating in the 90's. You absolutely rape and pillage your competition after that and you can do whatever you want from there. Once everyone is 99over, stop putting the 3 jobbers on the cards and just have regular rivalries where anyone that loses gets their win back the next week. You still net a +/- 0 and keep everyone badass. And occasionally, you even trade one of those 99ovr guys to the competition along with some of your jobbers for two guys with 90+ ratings (91, 92, 93, etc) and gradually poach their tops draws that way. Even though you would lose a 99ovr guy, you still get two of their best guys and eventually the guy you traded them will start losing and drop into the 80's. And the jobbers you've destroyed overtime into the 10over ratings will be stinking up their shows big time and dropping their ratings further.

Clockwork.

I mean, after you figured out those tricks, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
GM mode was a good concept, but it was broken beyond belief on the game. There wasn't anything beyond the overall ratings of your wrestlers that really brought in ratings. I discovered a way to cheese that system and just annihilated the competition.

All you had to do was trade your first pick for like 3 jobbers. Then book all your weekly show cards as 3-on-1 handicap matches against those jobbers and start feuds with them. Your ratings suck for the first few weeks, but in the meantime everyone else on the roster gets +1 and within a couple months you have like 15 guys with overall rating in the 90's. You absolutely rape and pillage your competition after that and you can do whatever you want from there. Once everyone is 99over, stop putting the 3 jobbers on the cards and just have regular rivalries where anyone that loses gets their win back the next week. You still net a +/- 0 and keep everyone badass. And occasionally, you even trade one of those 99ovr guys to the competition along with some of your jobbers for two guys with 90+ ratings (91, 92, 93, etc) and gradually poach their tops draws that way. Even though you would lose a 99ovr guy, you still get two of their best guys and eventually the guy you traded them will start losing and drop into the 80's. And the jobbers you've destroyed overtime into the 10over ratings will be stinking up their shows big time and dropping their ratings further.

Clockwork.

I mean, after you figured out those tricks, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Well... yeah... but still it was fun for a while. I always just made my people and did it that way. That way their contract was always super cheap and then build them up to be huge stars. But yeah... after a while it became repetitive and so you tried to do it different ways.

Reaction score
Whenever I competed against the computer it would always start off close... always did. But then I'd find a way to pull ahead and after that... no catchin me. I was a booking genius. As soon as a feud went stale I changed it to a new one. My created wrestlers were my mega stars... always took time to build them but once they were established... mannn it made life so much easier.

Heh... I just liked every single aspect of GM Mode. Especially when I would win the ratings war. I'd use Raw and then I'd use smackdown just cause I wanted to win with both shows. But yeah I spent a lotta time messing around with it.

I just got sick of putting the same wrestlers against the same wrestlers every week, so I just took the Ratings Hit and mixed it up every week.