Official "UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Seemed like the referee let that go on a bit longer when Brock had him down with the Hammer fists. But still that was a veryg ood showing by Lesnar and Couture. Good thing Lesnar caught him he was looking a little gassed towards the end of Round 1.

thedeadite

Reaction score
Good fight, and I agree that pounding went on just a bit long, but it was a high profile title match and Randy Couture.
I don't see Brock holding that title long though.
He'll be facing Nog next (well i predict it will be nog) and I don't think he can get past Nog.

PeepShow

lol @ everyone saying he won't get past the next guy he faces and every time he demolishes them.

xtremebadass

If Brock didn't catch him Couture would have done his signature gas out method wearing his big ass down until he found an opening...too bad Brock was a little too quick for Mr. Couture. That was a great fight and sort of a shocker and holy crap! Sable was even there! What more could one want from a UFC PPV? In all seriousness, that right there kicked ass.

I am calling Lesnar-Mir II

xtremebadass

I seriously think Mir will overthrow Nog next month so the long awaited Lesnar-Mir II will happen. Fedor vs Lesnar is probably more wanted than Couture vs Fedor just for the fact that Couture isn't the best anymore now that he got defeated.

Montana

Wow, I was actually a little surprised the ref stopped the fight. Couture was still getting his hands up, and lesnar was slowly down on his blows. I dont know, just looked like Couture had a little left in his tank.

I agree with XBA about Brock/Mir II, not sure if it will be his first defense. It would be smart to throw some jobbers at Brock, this way the champ is on more ppv's while gaining more exposure for UFC, before setting up the big matches.

As much as i don't like Brock, SP made a good point, about a pro wreslting winning the UFC belt. Hows its kinda ironic, how people think wrestlers are "real" fighters and all.

Qwake

Awesome PPV and it was my first to ever book! You could really tell how huge the event was with all the hyping of the Main Event and that delivered! Couture would have killed Lesnar if Lesnar hadn't caught him with that huge punch to the head knocking him off his feet, lesnar was getting tired but once Couture went down it was all out Lesnar pwning him!!! Awesome and I agree with XBA, I think Mir might get a suprise win and take on Lesnar only this time Lesnar would have learned from his mistakes and will win. Lesnar will retain next to imo :y:

McLovin

Reaction score
Nog will ease past Mir in my opinion. Congratulations Lesnar, now I wait to download the event.

Wrestling Station

Actually Lesnar didnt find "too much" of a competition. Yes Couture had alot of experience, but still he didnt do much to Lesnar. Lesnar countered several knees and punches. He also countered two take downs.

Lesnar was not speeding things up. He was calm and had huge amount of respect to Couture. I think its time for Lesnar to learn more about submissions. I think the next 3 or so months he will have some few new tactics in his game.

As I suspected, Lesnar won. Well deserved imo.

edgehead09

Reaction score
i cant wait for Iceman/Brock....idk if they in the same weight class so if they are not ignre this whole post but it would be sweet to see.

Wrestling Station

i cant wait for Iceman/Brock....idk if they in the same weight class so if they are not ignre this whole post but it would be sweet to see.
Iceman is a light HW, so he is def. not in the same weight class. Also, Liddell is just a striker. He will be easily taken down by a wrestler of such caliber as Lesnar. And from there, its game over for Liddel.

Soulpower

I want Mir to win and face Lesnar. Things have changed since the last time they fought, and I doubt that Brock would make the same rookie mistake which cost him the fight last time.

MTG

Reaction score
Has anyone heard the speculations about randy throwing the fight?

Man i think their ridicoulous, randy has too much respect for the sport to throw a fight, not to mention he fucking cut lesnar above his eye ( a punch that most would at least fall)

I think it was an awesome I'm happy lesnar won and it's great that he respected randy after the fight.

I'm also fucking happy that kenny florian won (my favorite lightweight)
Now florian gets to fight BJ and i thought i should point out:

BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson
BJ penn wins 4:02 of the 2nd round by Submission (choke)

Kenny Florian vs Joe Stevenson
Kenny Florian wins 4:03 of the 1st round by submission (choke)