Official "UFC 88: Breakthrough" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

thedeadite

Reaction score
One of my friends says he'll never watch mma again if Chuck loses. I actually believe him, he kicked his own front door in when Chuck lost the belt to Rampage..haha. Guy is a little too much of a fan.

MTG

Reaction score
If chuck wins i see a liddel/Wandy rematch if liddel looses i see Wandy going straight to facing griffin for the title.

xtremebadass

Wanderlei Silva vs. Forrest Griffin would be a huge match. I want to see if Forrest is a real champion. I only accept champions if they have one successful title defense.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Well its make or break for Chuck I think. This will put his name up there for Forrest or it will set him back for awhile. Although I think Iceman will be able to take Evans.

Wanderlei vs Forrest would be a phenomenal fight. Although I wonder if they will wait and see if Chuck wins over Evans to announce him as a challenger. I think they might have Wanderlei vs Chuck 2 to decide the challenger for Griffen.

Henderson has not looked all that great in UFC. He is one of those guys from PRIDE who came over and has since been on a losing streak. Since in the UFC he has losses to Anderson Silva and Rampage. But hi last two fights in PRIDE he had wins of Wanderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort. So he has talent but he might have that PRIDE curse like Cro Cop had

xtremebadass

I am not surprised Dan Henderson lost those two fights. First of all it's Rampage, he is a beast, and well, Anderson Silva beats everyone.

J

One of my friends says he'll never watch mma again if Chuck loses. I actually believe him, he kicked his own front door in when Chuck lost the belt to Rampage..haha. Guy is a little too much of a fan.

Damn man. If I was around him and even seen a hint that Liddell would lose. I'd get the fuck out of there. Lol.

xtremebadass

lol, sounds a little crazy. If Chuck loses he might be on a little losing streak, I have been saying he is too old and has been around too long, he might be on his way out.

J

Yeah I, along with other, would like to see him go out on some wins though.

Reaction score
I think Chuck does have a lot riding on this. If he wins he'll surely fight Forrest Griffin and everyone wants to see it. Strangers things have happened. Remember last year when we all wanted Couture/Cro Cop? Oops. Still, Rashad Evans has plenty of time for spotlight. Chuck's coming into the twilight of his career.

xtremebadass

I have my money on Rashad in this one. Chuck lost the belt then lost it. He hasn't been himself in his most recent fights win or lose. I think Rashad might put him away here. Although Liddell vs. Forrest would be awesome

Wrestling Station

^but Liddel's last fight against Wanderlie Silva was awesome. I mean, he dominated Silva.

The thing here is, if the fight went as standing, Chuck will win this. But if Rashad took Chuck down, he can win this easily imo.

So it depends on the strategy here. Standing = chuck winning. Ground = Rashad winning.

J

^^Good point and as I said earlier If Chucks planning on going out soon would love to see him do it on a few wins. Plus a win over Evans would boost his confidence and his outlook to the public.

ChiWa

Reaction score
I am not a Chuck fan, but he fought a smart fight agaist Silva. He boxed his way in and landed alot of punches. If he had charged, like Rampage (2X), or Jarrdine, he would have been killed. I give him more credit than I used to and I think he will find a way to beat the kid.

J

Yea I'm going over to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the PPV again. I luv it there awesome food plus there screens are big. Perfect combo for an MMA fan. Lol.