• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official TNA Slammiversary Discussion

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
If they keep going with these surprises, they'll just disappoint people with it being over hyped and failing to hold up to expectations. Which will lead to people not caring and being turned off. Plus adding in the "100% correct news reports" that say they get mad when the beans get spilled and it's spoiled, just prevent all that and hype it. Even if they were going for the anything can happen feel, you don't get that when they're pretty much tell you to watch because something can happen.

Montana

Reaction score
The upper card looks pretty weak. Like everyone else has said RVD vs. Sting would be awesome...10 years ago. I hate Doug WIlliams and Brian Kendrick in the X division picture. The undercard looks like it has potential though. AJ vs. Jay and Angle vs. Kaz could be both great. I miss the KOTM match. I think now would have been a perfect time for it.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, what the heck were they thinking getting rid of KOTM? It would have improved this card 10 fold. Also, didn't MCMG win a number one contenders match and win last month? So why is Morgan and "The mystery partner" getting a shot? Also, I pray to God that partner doesn't turn out to be Joe. Just have Joe squash somebody in the middle of the card. aYeah, I think it's too early to tell at this point though, and we'll see how they build stuff up better. I hope that they at least give the X guys SOME time to build up a feud between Doug and BK. Jesus Christ.

Also, I figure the surprise is Brock Lesnar just to make an appearance on behalf of Spike. Possibly F-5 one of the lower card heels and get outta there.

Haight

Reaction score
The cards pretty lackluster star wise, but the build up has been pretty good.

Yeah I noticed that there was a lot more effort put into the build for this PPV. If only they could do that all the time

I hate that surprise shit that they do. Just fucking annouce and hype what's going to happen.

If they had multiple suprises...like 3 for every Pay-Pay-per view...I would be ok with that. I don't mind a little anticipation....for a PPV, But when they put all of their efforts into revealing that one big "suprise" , TNA sort of sets themself for dissapointment. Also TNA has this bad habit of making every 'big announcement' come off as sounding gimmicky. If they let the swerve/suprise/big announcement evolve naturally I think it would be better recieved

Does TNA really think people are going "Tune into Slammiversary! There's gonna be a Jesse Neal match!"?

This is actually a defining moment for Jesse Neal. If he wins than he can not only escape the shadow of Team-3D and possibly ditch Shannon Moore and hopefully become something bigger than he is. If he loses then not only would I expect to hear more comments like yours from others, but I would outright demand it.

CMS

Reaction score
Escape the shadow? turn into anything? You're seriously overplaying the value of a Brother Ray job

CMS

Reaction score
"An announcement that will change TNA forever"...haven' we gotten like 6 of them in the last month? It's getting old

chessarmy

Reaction score
Looking forward to the special surprise, Angle/Kazarian, Lethal/AJ, and even the main event after the solid build on iMPACT! If everyone performs up to task this should be a solid PPV, and if the surprise is as big as expected, the beginning of a new era for TNA.

Haight

Reaction score
"An announcement that will change TNA forever"...haven' we gotten like 6 of them in the last month? It's getting old

You're right! It IS getting old. How old?? Well just imagine you are watching Triple H's ring entrance for the fifteeth million time!!! About as old as that only slightly less...

A couple of ideas that come to mind about what this announcement will be.

1. Hulk Hogan will get back in the ring again and challenge RVD for the title

2. Hulk Hogan takes over for both TAZ and Mike Tenay in the commentators booth.

3. Hulk Hogan declares a new PPV in honor of....HIMSELF??

No but seriously folks....

4. TNA goes LIVE (on the road)

5. TNA announces that Matt Hardy has joined TNA

7. TNA leaves SPIKE and secures deal w/ new network.

I'm all out of ideas....

Reaction score
Wasn't Hulk Hogan supposed to change or save TNA? or was that Booker T? Or Ken Anderson? Or Kurt Angle? or Taz? or Jim Cornette as the face of TNA management?

Could you imagine if WWE rebooted itself as many times as TNA has?

G 3

Reaction score
You're right! It IS getting old. How old?? Well just imagine you are watching Triple H's ring entrance for the fifteeth million time!!! About as old as that only slightly less...

A couple of ideas that come to mind about what this announcement will be.

1. Hulk Hogan will get back in the ring again and challenge RVD for the title

2. Hulk Hogan takes over for both TAZ and Mike Tenay in the commentators booth.

3. Hulk Hogan declares a new PPV in honor of....HIMSELF??

No but seriously folks....

4. TNA goes LIVE (on the road)

5. TNA announces that Matt Hardy has joined TNA

7. TNA leaves SPIKE and secures deal w/ new network.

I'm all out of ideas....

I'm thinking they are either going on the road or they're getting a second show. I'm tired of every single piece of news that they have is "the next step" and TNA will be changed forever.