Official Smackdown! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Seemed rare that a Smackdown show featured an entire card without one main-eventer (Triple H, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, Edge and to an extremely lesser extent ... Vladimir Kozlov, Shelton Benjamin) and featured a match with a complete ECW roster crossover.

Or was this intentional?

Airfixx

Intentional or otherwise it was a totally "meh" show... In fact I can barely remember any of it save for the Vicki/HHH/MVP/Show thing.

One thing I will say tho', is that HHH having beef with Vicki is a good way to keep him busy rather than throwing him back into the title chase (He's still getting a healthy amount of ring and mic time).... Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his, but after the last reign, the longer he stays away from the belt, the better.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah IL second that wasn't a great SD. And Trips definitely needs to stay away from holding the title for awhile. Floating in and around the ME and feuding with Vickie and other key stars would be good for him. Maybe tease a heel turn every now and again up until the end of the year. Where by that time hopefully SD has some other or enough Big Faces for Trips to turn heel. And then maybe chase the title next year were he is a fully blown kick arse heel.

Reaction score
Didn't Jeff Hardy suffer "first and second degree burns to his face"? Not a mark on his face in the interview this past Friday. His face should be discoloured, slightly peeling, lathered with cream etc etc

Airfixx

He had make-up on which, whilst not looking that good, was meant to look like burns.

milkman7

Reaction score
That make up didnt look like burns at all.

Airfixx

^^^Well I'm not praising the virtuies of the make-up department, but regardless of whether or not you thought it was good or not, there WERE clearly parts of his face that had been made up to look discoloured.

No point making him up to look near Freddy Krueger-like if come his next i ring appearance all the make-up is gonna drip/rub off and show it all as fake...

Subtlety was the best option.

LKP

^^^I wish you would type more than one line when saying your opinion lol. ^^^

This weeks smackdown was a bit better than last weeks edition. But for the people in the crowd that week they taped 2 weeks of smackdown. So they saw the roster about 3 or 4 times i thought the crowd was flat and bits were edited in from crowd noise. They saw mvp, kozlov, kendrick, carlito etc a few times and i think its doesn't help the show after doing a battle royal matches after it with same stars and the week before taping. Im enjoyed bits of smackdown this week but the crowd let it down for me.

big slow

Reaction score
all the divas ride me all night long because i am so fat, they tell everyone i am the best in bed too

LadyHotrod

I'm starting to like SD a lot more than RAW these days. I LOVE the Hardy storyline. Great move!

The burnt face bit was pretty stupid, imo. I have no idea why they would bother throwing that in there, especialy if they didn't plan on playing it off very well....It was just as bad as that horribly fake car crash.

Great One

Btw, for all you tools who insult Hardy on the mic, I would say his promo vs. Edge was much better than John Cena's on Raw, tbh.

Montana

Did Kozlov really just beat the F'n Undertaker CLEAN, 1...2....3 from a power slam?? Was my TV Broken? Did they restart the match and i didnt know about it?

And Big Show going over John Cena. I can understand you want to push Big Show, but at John Cena's expense.

I guess i don't see the logic at the two top guys in the WWE losing matches before WM, to wrestlers, who you could argue don't deserve to be on WM at this point. I can understand the Cena/Big Show thing as much as i don't like it. But Kozlov over Taker cleanly, is just silly.

I know WM is about 4 weeks away, but i'm still feeling the vibe with not one official match announced with its complete competitors.

Soulpower

Did Kozlov really just beat the F'n Undertaker CLEAN, 1...2....3 from a power slam?? Was my TV Broken? Did they restart the match and i didnt know about it?

Yup, it really happened. When the match ended on a power slam, I felt as if I was watching a wrestling match from the 40's or 50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.