Official ROH Death Before Dishonor X iPPV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I might just skip this show seeing as I just started downloading their DVD releases from the last couple months that weren't PPVs and they have much better cards than this.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'll watch the show still, but I'm just not feeling this card. My expectations aren't so high.

TKK

Reaction score
The only interesting thing about this card is the tag titles and if Haas/Titus win I'll be super pissed.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The card looks to be finalized. Matt Hardy also stated that he has been invited to and will attend the show.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Smart move that by ROH is sure to attract a few extra buys and maybe the promise of feature Hardy matches may work well for them.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
According to their website, Hardy has a "vested interest" in one of the matches and will be on commentary for it, but we don't know which one. I'm sure this will start a feud with one of the guys involved in the match, just hope it's someone that can have a good match or two with Hardy.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It's obviously going to be Steen. They have that title match for that promotion in Carolina and it'd make sense storyline wise for them to bring him in as competition for Steen, as Cornette wants the belt of him and will do it by any means necessary.

I don't particularly like Matt Hardy and don't want to see him in ROH, but he's popular, and hopefully this will give ROH some exposure to his fans and hopefully they'll like the work of the other superstars that they'll stay interested in ROH.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
I'm with [MENTION=1891]Chris[/MENTION] on this show. I mean the card looks solid enough that I'll watch it, but if there is something better on TV I will definitely watch that over this. I do like the match up between Homicide and Jay Lethal. Two of my favorites when it comes to the independent scene. Not overly hyped by Davey Richards return. Also Rhyno vs Steen. Now I do not get ROH TV that much, but what is the story behind that?

Was Rhyno all like "I'm more hardcore", and Steen was like "F*ck you lets go bitch"?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Nah, what happened was Truth Martini called out Jim Cornette and sai Rhino was the one man that could beat Steen. Then Eddie Edwards came out, so Cornette made a match between the two and the winner would face Steen. So far, Rhino has cut maybe one promo, it's mainly been Truth talking, Rhino just Gores.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a good solid ROH card but I agree that nothing really stands out, it should still deliver but I don't know if I will buy it. I don't mind Rhino getting a title shot as it is simply another guy that Steen will have beaten and Rhino still has name value. There is no way he will win the title so no need to worry about that. As for the tag team title match I want to see it come down to S.C.U.M and the Briscoes and I want to see SCUM with the titles to see what they can do. Maria appearing will be the icing on the cake as always.

How is the quality of the iPPVs now that they are run through the website? Have they fixed up all the issues?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh and by the way, it was announced a few weeks back on TV that if S.C.U.M. Didn't win the tournament, they would be out of ROH. I expect them to win, but I wouldn't be so surprised of they swerved us. Either way I expect I to be them and Haas/Titus in the finals.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Final thoughts and predictions:

ROH World Championship: I think this will be a nice brawl, though I really don't expect so much, and definitely isn't anything I just can't wait to see. The build up has been pretty nice the past few weeks on TV though. Winner: Steen

ROH World Tag team Championship: These should be 3 good matches tonight, fully expect S.C.U.M. to win here and further their little feud with Cornette since they would have more ammo with more titles. If not them, I can see it being Haas/Titus as well, but really not sure what would happen after that, I think Jacobs/Corino would be the better choice. Winners: S.C.U.M.

ROH World TV Championship: Been really enjoying both of these guys work, especially as of late, this match could steal the show easily, and probably will. Cole will retain, but I expect Mondo to have a real nice showing. Winner: Cole

ACH vs Kyle O'Reilly: No clue how this one is going to go since they seem to be plugging this ACH guy kinda' hard, but at the same time, O'Reilly's been doing great lately. I see ACH getting the win due to something with Davey Richards who then moves into a feud with O'Reilly. Winner: ACH

Tadarius Thomas vs Silas Young: I have seen maybe one Thomas match, and only one Young match this year, so I really have no clue how this one will be. I'm leaning towards Thomas winning since he's made more ROH appearances lately. Winner: Thomas

Jay Lethal vs Homicide: I wasn't interested in this one at all before, but with Jay Lethal's new attitude, I see him being the obvious winner, but now I'm really looking forward to it. Winner: Lethal

House of Truth vs Irish Airborne: Have hardly seen any of the Crists, so can't really vouch for how good the match will be, but I expect them to get an upset victory and possibly for Elgin to finally leave the HoT tonight. Winners: Irish Airborne

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Here are some quick results from the show

*Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino beat Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander to advance in the ROH Tag Team title tournament.

*Tadarius Thomas pinned Silas Young in a Survival of the Fittest qualifier.

*Kyle O'Reilly made ACH tap out.

*Rhett Titus and Charlie Haas beat The Briscoes in the ROH Tag Team tournament Semi-Finals.

*Davey Richards came to the ring and cut a promo saying he was entering Survival of the Fittest and said he was coming after Mike Bennett. His goal is to be the best wrestler in the world.

*Jay Lethal pinned Homicide in a really fun match.

*House of Truth pinned Irish Airborne after Elgin hit a Double Fallaway Slam on both members.

-Matt Hardy comes out for commentary on the next match, and Nigel McGuinness asks him for a few words and to tell people what he's looking to do here in ROH. Hardy says he's here to watch the TV Title Match, and that he's going to go to the broadcast table to call some professional wrestling right now.

*Adam Cole tapped Mike Mondo out in what was said to be a very good match.
-After the match, Matt Hardy comes over to congratulate them on a good match, then Hardy comes in and shakes both men's hands. Matt says that a lot of people have said how Cole is like a younger version of Matt Hardy, but Matt says he was much better than Cole at his age and he's much better now. (Chris's Thoughts: :lmao)

*S.C.U.M. defeated Haas/Titus to become new ROH tag champs after Shelton Benjamin hit Paydirt on Titus.
-Haas & Benjamin briefly argue, but then they turn their attention to Titus, who attacks both Haas & Benjamin by himself. Titus ends up getting stomped out and takes WGTT's finisher as a group of ROH officials comes out to break the situation up.

-Before the main event, Cornette comes out and says it's no DQ, big surprise.

*Kevin Steen defeated Rhino in what was said to have been an enjoyable 16 minute or so main event.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Here are some quick results from the show

Why to put a guy over Matt!:Vickie:

Does not sound like I missed anything special TBH.

Will be interested to see what others thought who did see the show.