Official ROH Border Wars 2012 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
why are they wasting storms talents on Bennett.

So what if he attacked him from behind, Storm did his job and got Bennett's looking like a million bucks and show he can wrestle (Only when a vet is in with him) but still.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
This is going to be a great iPPV, I hope Steen wins.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Really strong card.

Briscoes vs. WGTT always delivers and it should be a fantastic match. Richards vs. Steen for the title is awesome and I hope that they go with the Steen win to continue the great storyline they have been running. Finlay going against Roderick Strong is great, Finlay will fit right into ROH and they should work well together. Slightly surprised that Storm is facing Bennett again rather than putting Storm against another wrestler. Good to see Rhino back on an iPPV card again, I thought that he had been released because he hasn't been used that much by ROH.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
So I was just on the ROH site looking at the DVD's, since the last time I ordered any DVD's from ROH was last year. And i'm about 9 months behind. I happened to check ROH's twitter account, and saw that they re-tweeted a message from Fit Finlay. I checked out his account and saw he posted this:

The rumors of myself returning to @WWE are false. I am currently signed to @ringofhonor. Thank you for all of the support.

If this is true, then :mark:

His twitter account is here btw:

http://twitter.com/#!/FitFinlay

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Adam Cole vs Michael Elgin and Tommaso Ciampa vs Jay Lethal have both been confirmed for the event.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Should both be great matches

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Finlay in ROH is just awesome, always been a huge fan of Finlay and I'm definately going to be purchasing this iPPV.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
ROH announcement on where their iPPV's will be broadcast from now on:

We know there has been a lot of speculation as to just how fans would be able to watch “Border Wars” live on iPPV on May 12th, and now we can finally, officially, give you all the details!

Since our “Showdown in the Sun” events, Ring of Honor has been diligently working on a new means to provide “Border Wars”, as well as all our upcoming iPPV broadcasts, uninterrupted and in the absolute best quality to ensure that our fans are getting the iPPV experience that they deserve. With that, we are pleased to announce that “Border Wars”, and all our future iPPV events, will be seen right here at ROHWrestling.com!

Starting immediately, you can now pre-order “Border Wars” right here (Upcoming PPV Events | ROH Wrestling) for only $14.95 AND if you’re a Ringside Member, you will also get your 15% discount on the purchase as well! In addition, both days of Showdown in the Sun are available for immediate purchase at a discounted rate of 9.95 !

Border Wars is shaping up to be one of our biggest yet with the huge one shot only, World Title match between Davey Richards & Kevin Steen, the fight between Roderick Strong & Fit Finlay, the Fight Without Honor Tag Title Match between The Briscoes & WGTT, and a whole lot more! So place your pre-order now

Hopefully it'll turn out to be a great move for ROH getting away from GFL like DGUSA did.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Just ordered this and with I am excited as it is looking like one of the cards of the year. With a good mix of experience and youth and a number of different styles involved, plus some fresh feuds and the long awaited headliner this is one of ROH's best line-ups in awhile.

Final thoughts:

Richards VS. Steen
Well if they follow up their promise that this will be Steen's only title shot, then I guess it increases his chances of winning, then again Richards winning will thicken the plot and keep the fans guessing. Should be one of most intense bouts of the year and the time feels right, so I will go for Steen victory.

Strong VS. Finlay
This will be another old school, stiff style match, with some decent mat wrestling also, expect the crowd to really be into this one. Will be interesting to see what sort of reception Finlay gets. Will go for a Finlay win which may well lead to him getting a TV Title shot in the future.

Tag Team Championship
Should be a cracking match, but I hope this is the last match between these teams for awhile, does feel a bit like overkill. Briscoes to retain.

Edwards VS. Rhino
A nice contrast in styles here. Should be a heat bout, with some nice high spots as well fine submission wrestling. Rhino's character fits in nicely with ROH, but is getting a little bit past it, still a good guy to have around to help the younger guys out. Edwards to win this one.

Bennett VS. Storm
No doubt ROH have huge plans for Bennett, it will be good see Storm in action again. I will go for the rookie here, but I think he will have some help along the way.

Elgin VS. Cole
Two of ROH's most promising future stars and whoever picks up the win will recieve a big boast. My money's Elgin. Cole might have a brighter future as a tag guy.

Lethal VS. Ciampa
Interesting power VS. Speed contest, two young, exciting stars (even through Lethal has been around awhile now). Ciampa has a great look and seems to bridge the gap between power house and having skills nicely. This is a toss up, but I will go with Ciampa to produce an upset.

Will report back after the card. Anymore predictions?

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Psst... Where is this PPV actually happening and how much?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It can be ordered from ROH.com and it costs $14.99 which should be roughly £8.99 in UK money.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Awesome... 'Cause I'm thinking of buying this one cause I got a late night anyways :/.

Thanks Keith!

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Just ordered it... We gonna have a live discussion thread for this shizzle?