Official ROH Border Wars 2012 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'm going to enjoy the stable of Corino, Jacobs and Steen I think.

Ring of Honor issued the following statement in regard to their iPPV problems tonight, where users had troubles purchasing and logging into the iPPV stream, which was housed by the promotion on their own website for the first time:

Dear Fans,

Again we are extremely frustrated by the ippv result tonight and offer our deepest apologies.

Since Showdown in the Sun, we have been working endlessly to provide an optimal ppv experience which we believe we have achieved.

For our website, we increased our server memory x3 and doubled its processing power. Still, it seems that our architecture could not handle the excessive user logins and we are left with a great stream that our fans can not see.

If a refund is demanded, it WILL be given. Otherwise we would like to offer full retention of the replay for Border Wars as well as FREE access to the Best in the World PPV on June 24th for anyone who ordered Border Wars tonight. This will also include retention of the Best in the World PPV in your myPPV accounts.

We WILL get this right no matter what it takes in time for Best in the World.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Wow at Andrew just spoiling the show for anyone, but that shit in spoiler tabs.

As for the entire thing... My stream worked just in time for the Three title matches and they was great, and that's all I really cared about for the show, so it was a win, win for me

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
The Angle came off terrible on the actual PPV feed... It was really anti-climatic...

Cornio did fuck all to make himself relevant through that match, he didn't even talk on commentary; it kinda pissed me off, it was possibly the most pointless thing I've seen from RoH in a long time, even more pointless than the 10th Anniversary Show Main Event and that was shockingly bad lol.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Edited Andrew's post

And yeah fab, I agree. It makes sense for them to go down that route, although, IMO it would've been even better had Corino gotten involved in the match and not just hugged Steen at the end.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;ytDREW5flZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytDREW5flZo&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Haven't got to see it yet, will catch a replay sometime this week.

Oh, and I fucking love Kevin Steen.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;x8XBJSLeIhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8XBJSLeIhU&feature=context-gfa[/video]

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
ROH has released a high quality version of Border Wars for anyone interested

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I watched the whole show yesterday (can link you if you want me too, free with no download.), and I was impressed. A few of the matches, namely the tag match and Storm/Bennett match had weird/weak finishes, but all the matches were relatively good. None just amazed me though, but there also weren't any real disappointments, very solid PPV. Steen winning is obviously the best thing for ROH at this time, and I thought they did great with the Corino thing at the end. The fact that he was completely quiet on commentary helped in my mind, plus it made for a pretty funny one-liner by McGuinness. "Have you ever seen anything like that Steve!" *silence* "He's never seen anything like that either!"

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I swear there were problems with Corino's mic, because to me during the match, he looked to be talking at least from what I saw of the crappy version that's out.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I know he talked right before it started, but I thought he was completely silent during the match, and that he was supposed to be. I never saw him talking and the announcers kept trying to get him to, but they would say he only shook his head no or something.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Yah, it was screwy but Nigel kept mentioning about Corino was just shaking his head.

It was a weird finish through out, the only finish which half made sense was Steen/Richards, selling the Piledriver move quite well but aside from that, it was a bizarre PPV; great matches but not so great finishes... Hurting each match overall lol.