*Official Night Of Champions Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Of Kings

Reaction score
HBK will not drop down to a midcard title again. Trust me.

I think it would be good to give it more credability. The Ic and US titles have been getting ignored being IC or Us champ used to mean something. Now they just wear it for a while and rarley defend it.

MikeRaw

I think it would be good to give it more credability. The Ic and US titles have been getting ignored being IC or Us champ used to mean something. Now they just wear it for a while and rarley defend it.

I agree about the IC title, but right now, the US title is extremely valuable... MVP/Hardy gained so much cred for it, and before that, Benoit, and greater guys before him.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I agree about the IC title, but right now, the US title is extremely valuable... MVP/Hardy gained so much cred for it, and before that, Benoit, and greater guys before him.

Thats true but MVP held his title for such a long time and rarley defended it.

Airfixx

The mid-card belts need to be defended more... Only THAT will give the belt credability... Y2J is a credible IC champ, but the belt has seemed no more credible since he's had it. Treat 'em like TV titles (Especially if they are to continue not featuring them on PPVs)...

Before monthly PPVs came about you'd see maybe 4 or 5 televised world title matches a year... This worked because:

a) the world title fueds could be built for months before a match ever took place....

b) ...and (more importantly for this topic) in the meantime, you'd see the IC title defended loads... Even as the main event on the crappy job-fests that were Superstars, Wrestling Challenge etc. This gave the IC title the prestige it held for so long. It was the belt of FIGHTING champions (Bret Hart being a prime example)... Shit even the heels IC champs from those days - Rick Rude, Perfect, Honky Tonk, Savage - we're defending all the time.

Granted the title changes were just as rare as they are now (unlike the Attitude era), but the fact that they were defended so regularly meant that the champ looked strong.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
The mid-card belts need to be defended more... Only THAT will give the belt credability... Y2J is a credible IC champ, but the belt has seemed no more credible since he's had it. Treat 'em like TV titles (Especially if they are to continue not featuring them on PPVs)...

Before monthly PPVs came about you'd see maybe 4 or 5 televised world title matches a year... This worked because:

a) the world title fueds could be built for months before a match ever took place....

b) ...and (more importantly for this topic) in the meantime, you'd see the IC title defended loads... Even as the main event on the crappy job-fests that were Superstars, Wrestling Challenge etc. This gave the IC title the prestige it held for so long. It was the belt of FIGHTING champions (Bret Hart being a prime example)... Shit even the heels IC champs from those days - Rick Rude, Perfect, Honky Tonk, Savage - we're defending all the time.

Granted the title changes were just as rare as they are now (unlike the Attitude era), but the fact that they were defended so regularly meant that the champ looked strong.

Yea and when it is defended there should be a clean finish. Like this week how the jbl vs jericho match finished it was bad. They made it look like JBL dident care about the title because he got himself DQ.

Airfixx

Clean finishes don't come into it.... If a heel champ cheats to retain or win a belt they become more hated (Good thing) and the face that finally beats them get's over even better (Good thing)...

e.g. Honky Tonk (c) V Warrior @ SSlam 88
Rock (c) V HHH @ SSlam 88
Most of Orton's recent world title reign

JBL blew his chance at the belt to lay some blows on Jericho.... He lost his composure that's all.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Clean finishes don't come into it.... If a heel champ cheats to retain or win a belt they become more hated (Good thing) and the face that finally beats them get's over even better (Good thing)...

e.g. Honky Tonk (c) V Warrior @ SSlam 88
Rock (c) V HHH @ SSlam 88
Most of Orton's recent world title reign

JBL blew his chance at the belt to lay some blows on Jericho.... He lost his composure that's all.

Yea he did and i think it looks like he doesent really care about the belt.

PeepShow

I wouldn't care that much about the title either. It hasn't meant shit for years now anyways.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I wouldn't care that much about the title either. It hasn't meant shit for years now anyways.

Exactly the point it should i remmember some great IC title fueds. One of my favorite Ic title matches was cristian vs y2j ladder match.

Qwake

Damn I was really looking forward to this PPV and then Randy Orton got injured and now this PPV looks like shit(to me).

HHH Vs Cean for WWE title
HHH will win in the worst match of the night :yes:

World title match
Yeah I think it will be Edge Vs Batista (again) and Edge will cheat to victory I think...

IC title match
This is going to most likely be Chris Jericho Vs HBK and Jericho will walk away the winner and JBL will probably attack someone.

US title match
Not to sure on who Matt Hardy will be facing, Im picking one of these guys:
Shelton Benjamen
CM Punk
Kofi Kingston
Elijah Burke
MVP
Chuck Palumbo
Finlay
or all or some of thee above...and Matt will win

ECW title match
Big show Vs Kane will be good and Kane will win :)

Womens title match
I am actually looking forward to this match and I have a feeling it will be Mickie James Vs Melina Vs Beth Pheonix and Mickie will find a way to win :p

WWE tag titles
Mizorrison will most likely face Edges little helpers and Edges guys will win or they will beat the shit out of Wang Yang and Moore.

World tag titles
Holly and Rhodes will face Dibiase Jr and I think his pastner will be DH Smith and the challengers will win.

could be an alright PPV, but no where near as goos as it could have been with Randy Orton there :(

Airfixx

Yea he did and i think it looks like he doesent really care about the belt.

You've taken my explaination as simply my agreeing to your point. I was disagreeing.

That match didn't show that JBL doesn't care about the belt, it just says that he lost his cool in a title match, thus re-emphasising his characters agressive nature. Geddit?

2 weeks to go, yet why is it I have no anticipation for this PPV WHATSOEVER? : (

It's so dumb doing a draft the week before a PPV!

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I have said that they put the draft to close to the PPV and I think you are the onlym one that has visibly agreed with me.

I hate the concept and therefore won't watch at all unless people tell me it has been really good and then I may be watrching it.

It is really Too early to predict though.

J

Yea i'd agree it's a little too close to the paperview...but i want to know is anyone honstly ordering this PPV...Cuase as of right now i don't see anything that would make it worth the 40 dolla's to rent it...

Airfixx

I have said that they put the draft to close to the PPV and I think you are the onlym one that has visibly agreed with me.

That's where the likeness ends tho, cos'...

I hate the concept and therefore won't watch at all unless people tell me it has been really good and then I may be watrching it.

I pay for my PPVs and watch them live so if I don't watch at least MY 'vote' will be 'registered'.

There's 'only' one way to rate/view a PPV and that is with your OWN eyes, ideally without knowing the results in advance.

It is really Too early to predict though.

Doesn't sound like much of a "prediction" if you're waiting for someone else's verdict! LOL

adrenalinegg

Reaction score
Night Of Champions card and predictions

WWE United States Title
Matt Hardy vs Chavo.- This match will be really nice in wrestling moves and cordination but it doesn´t have enough heat. Winner will be Matt expect to see Carlito going to SD and get a push for the US title.

IC Title
Y2J vs HBK.- Righ now they have a really nice heat with this feud, also they always put on great matches. Winner Y2J.

WWE Tag Titles
MIZ & Morrison vs Finlay & Hornswoggle.- Actuallty this match can have a lot of enterteining, when Hornswoggle is in the card expect something weird to happen. Father and son will win. heyy I told you weird things happen.

World Tag Titles
Holly & Rhodes vs Dibiase JR & ?.- No matter who Dibiase chooses I belive a great stable will be made at NOC, Rhodes will turn on Holly costing them the tag titles. Maybe at the end of the match the stable will be: Dibiase, Rhodes, DH Smith. Really expecting for this match but at the end the new blood heel stable will stand as the winners.

ECW Ttitle
Kane vs The Big Show.- Like I always say matches with heavyweights don´t equal good matches, the only good thing about this one could be the heat both guys have right now. Kane will win and look forward for a triple threat with Henry soon.

World Heavyweight Title
Edge vs Batista.- Edge will win just like last year, he is preparing for a feud with Mysterio when he returns. Expect theme to headline the Bash and Summerslam.

WWE Title
Triple H vs Cena vs Jeff Hardy.- I am including Jeff cause I do belive the H vs Cena match is being saved for a bigger event, like SS.
Since the WWE is giving Jeff a nice push the audience will think he might win, but in the end Lilian will say: "AND STILL THE WWE CHAMPION TRIPLE H".

Giving the ppv card the show could be a 10, but im still waiting to see the show itself. But it will be a good one.:gun_sniper: :gun_sniper: :gun_sniper: