*Official Night Of Champions Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Romo Is God

Reaction score
Well I went live, and I thought it was a pretty good show. 2nd best of the year behind WM 24 IMO.

Only bad thing is WWE completely fucked up the WHC match. It was damn good, but a complete WTF finish.

Shame.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
i think that hhh vs john cena III will be at TGA, of course cena will win and take the title back on raw.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I loved this ppv IMO it was good from beginning to end. And i didn't think that HHH would win at all thought that the belt would go back to Raw with Cena i was just waiting for stfu to be locked on and Trips top tap, But its going to be interesting to see how long Raw goes without a championship title, Not very long i would imagine but its definitely shook things up. Wicked ppv :)

Airfixx

...Individually, no top-ranking matches, but yup....A damn good PPV!

MnM v Finlay & Horny... Entertaining match, not nearly as kid-orietated as I'd feared. MnM retaining was good too cos I didn't want to see the work they've done building those belts up being trashed by a comedy angle. LOL @ Hornswaggles 'high' flying.... Little guy deserves credit for agility - He's relatively bottom heavy and as Foley pointed out, he can certainly get some hang-time!
Matt H v Chavo... O.K. match, but not really the biggest fan of Matt.
Holly & Rhodes v Dibiase... Glad they just screwed Holly from the bell and didn't fuck around and try and drag out the 'who is it' suspense. Helped retain the suprise element (considering Cody was at the back of a lot of peep's minds anyway.) Stilll looking forward to seeing Ted's skills showcased in a lengthier match.
Kane v Show v Henry... Again, all the better for being kept short. Didn't overkill the big-man factor with endless face-offs and shouler-tackles and I enjoyed the finish (although I'd have liked to have seen Show take flight!). Henry as champ should be good.
Mickie v Katie Lee... Another decent women's match. Is it just me tho' or is KL meant to look amateurish? Performance-wise she get's the job done, but I'm left with the impression that her character isn't meant to first and foremost be a wrestler.
Y2J v Kofi... Great to see, mainly because it shows WWE are prepared to take a chance on one of the newer guys, but the match was good too. Damn, that 'Walls Of Jericho' near the end looked painfull!! If Kofi is gonna have further rubs from HBK & jericho he's gonna go absolutely stellar (Not to mention learn from a master)!!!
Edge v Batista... Didn't have much hope for this match as I was expecting La Familia to screw 'Tista all along. Decent work from both guys tho'.
HHH v Cena... Good match (Especially liked the 'stiff' nature of a lot of the submission holds applied). Unexpected outcome. I just hope they keep the pair of the apart again now until they're ready to do a proper HHH -> Cena torch-passing title change.

I'm left wondering what happened to the Divas title though... Wasn't the first champ meant to be crowned at N.O.C?

MikeRaw

MnM v Finlay & Horny... This was a good opener. I dont think anyone really wants to see a comedy match like this any higher up on the card. but MNM were awesome, and they did some sick tag moves, and that made it a good match. Also, Finlay played the protector roll well, and MNM got the win, oso it was all good.

Matt H v Chavo... This was ok. At times, it got pretty slow, and they didnt seem to click to well in the ring together. But it was decent, 2nd worst of the night though.

Holly & Rhodes v Dibiase... Well, it wasnt really a match. I cant call it horrible though, because if it was an actual match, it would;ve been good IMO. but it did what it had to do, so good job.

Kane v Show v Henry... Better than a standard big man match. I think they used all three guys good, and kept it average length, and the finish to it was good... Another solid match.

Mickie v Katie Lee... Very good womens match here for WWE. Is it TNA calibre? No, but its showing what wwe has been doing lately with the womens division, and was another above average match... It started slow, but had some actually good moves, and Mickie won:)

Y2J v Kofi... Awesome match! Glad Kofi got a chance to shine, and ontop of that, he won:) Great moves by both guys, and they showed how great they could be in the ring, and the Jericho promo/shawn running in really helped that feud, and Kofi picked up the win:)

Edge v Batista... This was a pretty good match. I think they;ve had better matches together, definately, but this one got the job done.

HHH v Cena... What a match! This was Match of the night, and actually a classic that we will remember in a few years. Great moves by both guys, and good crowd involvement, and although it seemed like a pro-hhh crowd, it was actually split, but the Cena fans werent as vocal. Good match though, and a shock ending....

Overall, this was an amazing PPV. Worth the money IMO, and Night Of Champions is quickly ecoming a prestigious PPV in wwe... Every match was good, none were bad, and they didnt even have any gimmick matches. A few shockign twists, and that completed the whole thing for me, making it a worthwhile PPV!

Romo Is God

Reaction score
^^

I don't know about them having better matches together. Last night's at least too me was their best match together period.

That had MOTN written all over it until they fucked the ending.

PeepShow

Nice moderator we have here. This should have been closed over a month ago.

EDIT-
29mkrr7.jpg
It's even still stickied and the SummerSlam thread isn't.