*Official Night Of Champions Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

WWE Championship
Triple H (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. Batista

ECW Championship
Kane (c) vs. Big Showvs. Mark Henry

Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho (c) vs. ???

United States Championship
Matt Hardy (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero

Women's Championship
Mickie James (c) vs. Katie Lea Burchill

World Tag Team Championship
Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Ted DiBiase Jr. and ???

WWE Tag Team Championship
Mizorrison (c) vs. Finlay and Hornswoggle

Post all cards, thoughts and predictions for Night Of Champions here.

JHar888

Reaction score
I hate the idea of having all title matches, and nothing but on one show. The current champions kinda suck IMO, B/C Triple H has had it so many times by now, and I think the IC Title should be a younger guy. Then there's Matt Hardy who hasn't been anything since the Hardyz broke apart. And why is Undertaker on the poster?

Kane over Big Show by DQ
John Cena over Triple H clean

C4

Wait a minute, they officially re-named Vengeance to Night of Champions? :ermm:

The concept is being repeated this year and it's good to see them doing this, it makes the PPV far more exciting and thrilling, hope that there are some major title changes seen on the show!

Kid-O-Mac

Reaction score
Here are what I see as of now...
Kane beating Big Show, by DQ then the two go off two Summerslam fueding...
Cena losing to Triple H clean.. Cena win's the title at Summerslam...
Y2J dropping the belto to someone.. Jeff Hardy maybe? I'd like to see CM Punk win....
Edge taking on Batista, and *sigh* another fued... Edge win's...
Matt Hardy beating Finlay possibly? Or a new SD! star after the draft..

Right now that's it for me..

PeepShow

I hate the idea of having all title matches, and nothing but on one show.

That's what PPV's are for. I personally love the idea and would love to buy it, but I just spent my rare money on ONS, so no more PPVs for a while :/

Wait a minute, they officially re-named Vengeance to Night of Champions? :ermm:

Yeah, that was announced months ago.

I bet that not a single title will change hands.

I could see DiBiase Jr and possibly DH Smith (If he picks who I think he will pick) winning the tag straps. Also the other tag straps could also change hands, considering Mizorrison has had them for a while now. Other than that, I don't see much changing.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
ROFL. Same here. I think that happened last year as well.

LOL, two titles changed hands last year..Candice won the Women's Championship and John Morrison won the vacant ECW Championship by beating CM Punk.

Predictions:

1.) WWE Championship match: Triple H (c) vs. John Cena
- Winner: And still WWE Champion Triple H.

2.) ECW Championship match: Kane (c) vs. The Big Show
- Winner: Kind of a toss-up for me, but I'll go with Kane retaining.

3.) World Heavyweight Championship match: Edge (c) vs Batista
- Winner: And still World Heavyweight Champion Edge.

4.) Ladder match for the Women's Championship: Mickie (c) vs. Beth
- Winner: And still Women's Champion Mickie.

5.) WWE Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Jeff Hardy/Shawn Michaels (either or, most likely Jeff)
- Winner: And new IC Championship Jeff Hardy, again it's a toss up for me because Jeff looks like he'll be heading to the WWE title picture soon and by putting the IC title back on him..where does that but him?

6.) WWE United States Championship: Matt Hardy (c) vs. Shelton Benjamin ??? (not really sure)
- Winner: And still U.S Champion Matt Hardy

7.) World Tag Team Championship: Cody & BobCore (c) vs. Ted DiBiase Jr. & DH Smith
- Winners: And New World Tag Team Champions TD Jr. & DH.

8.) WWE Tag Team Championship: MnM (c) vs. [insert team here]
- Winners: Who-ever the random team is.

Romo Is God

Reaction score
LOL, two titles changed hands last year..Candice won the Women's Championship and John Morrison won the vacant ECW Championship by beating CM Punk.

LMFAO. That shows how much those titles mean.

I don't even remember either one happening.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Only title I see changing hands is RAW's tag titles. RAWs tag title scene has been looking good as of late with Carltio/Santino going for it, don't know where Cryme Tyme is though but Cody and CT have been homies as of late.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

HHH will go over clean imo. Edge will win by cheating against Batista ..... because Edge never goes over clean. Big Show vs Kane will probably end up with a double count out or something, which will result in a rematch on ECW.

World Tag Team Titles will change to DiBiase and whoever the hell he wants to team with him (either DH or Cade). MnM08 will probably beat two legends .... just like DnD did last year.

IC Title will probably be Chris Jericho vs Jeff Hardy, with Hardy winning via DQ, because of Jericho and his recent lust for steel chairs. US Title Matt Hardy vs who cares (probably Shelton), where Matt will win with a sudden Twist of fate (in an attempt to make the move seem more surprising than it is). And Women's Championship ....... idc.

C4

LMFAO. That shows how much those titles mean.

I don't even remember either one happening.

You should at least remember the ECW Championship match! Chris Benoit didn't show up on the Night of Champions and John Morrison replaced him and won the ECW Championship.

And by the way, this month marks the first year anniversary of the Chris Benoit controversies... :ermm:

kingovkings

Reaction score
I see HHH retaining by clean win but think he will lose it to Orton at summerslam and not Cena. I dont think any of the major titles will change hands. Probs we will have a new tag team or maybe two new tag teams and i also think that we will have new ic champ.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I think it will be jericho vs HBk and y2j drops the title. I think trips will retain but i never doubt superman lol. Edge im like 98% sure he retains cause vince said hes works good as champ. Matt will retain he should have a nice long title reign. I have a feeling big show will be the new ecw champ.