Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
If ms was hear he'd call me a hypocrite oh wellz~

Montreal is going to win the Stanley cup and what a better route then to face Boston and then Chicago. Cammalleri and the first line has been gold and so has Halak. Cammalleri is really making Calgary cry right now (god damn Jokinen and Keenan screwed him from the getgo)

IF Boston can beat Philly. they're is no way i'm putting money on it. Richards is such a great captain and Pronger is Pronger.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I am definitely going with Philly over Boston tonight. Boston dropped the ball hard giving up a 3-0 lead and now looking towards a game 7, all the pressure is going to be on them. Plus, every away team has won game 7 this year in the playoffs. Rask really has been sucking ass lately too.

Reaction score
I don't follow hockey religiously like some people on here do but goddamn the Bruins went down in flames. I mean not only do they blow a three game lead in the series but a 3-0 lead in game 7. Shit.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Montreal/ Philly might be the best series of the playoffs. Every game is going to be so fucking intense. Games won't be decided by fucking the powerplay and the penalty kill and Montreal's man to man defense will be more physical now that they don't have to potentially double team the centerman (or Ovechkin who played crazy minutes)

Philly and Montreal play the same way, they believe in their system and play as a team. Montreal is probably more sound and that's before you look at the goaltending. Philly has to pray for whats his nuts to come back and be better if they even want to have a chance against a ready physically and mentally Montreal team.

Montreal in 5. Montreal will have a early lead, Philly will play dirty and fight back. They won't be able to hurt the little line, they're small but as gritty as they come, unless it's disgustingly cheap. Halak is too much and Philly's non existent goaltending will be too much to overcome every game.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Chicago/SJ

San jose beat Detroit, but Chicago is too sound defensively to let San Jose's powerplay be a difference maker and Kane and Towes is going to be a bigger problem then Heatley and that big fag Joe Thorton. Every line of Chicago's is better and each line between the two teams play very similar with the exception of the first lines. Goaltending might be Chicago's vice but I believe their heroic attitude will make San Jose choke including Nabakov

Chicago in 5

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Ok, so I was up in Montreal's ass too much. Montreal got shown up in the grit game in the first 10 minutes and they didn't know what to do when and they just gave up

They had no effort and showed no grit for game 1, Subban got shut the fuck up fast. All they have to do is outeffort Philly the majority of a period and it's no longer lopsided. Leighton was alright, but I doubt he can stop a hot offense. Montreal was expecting Philly to bully them and take more penalties, we're going to have a completely different second game that's for sure.

Wordlife

Reaction score
Great game yesterday for the Hawks. Niemi was on fire saving 44 shots, and only allowing 1. Great game all around by the defense too. I have to agree with Colin, Sharks will win the next game, but then we'll take the next 3.

Hawks also in 5.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
4-0 Montreal with 14 minutes left in the 3rd. I'm not to sure if I like seeing Pronger lose. Sure go montreal, but jeez seeing Pronger at -4 hurts

xtremebadass

Reaction score
OMFG HAWKS WIN! They SWEPT San Jose! Sharks just can't get their shit together come the playoffs every year! I am so stoked to see my Hawks in the finals this year! It will be great!

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
FUCKING RIGHT, YOU BET OUT THE RED WINGS, YOU GET SWEPT YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES.

Damn straight, revenge is bittersweet.