Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
:lmmmao: @ the lolakers

Never seen a team give up as much as they did. Terrible.

:lmmmao:

they didn't even look mad. Bynum and Odom showed frustration, but the rest of the team was like fuck it.

It was truly disgusting...

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Bynum just didn't give a fuck lol. Atleast Odom apologized for bumping into Dirk.

Real question is, what's next for the Lakers? Is Dwight coming over, maybe CP3?

Rell

Reaction score
Doubt CP3 ^^^

obviously Dwights a possibility, and wants to be in LA according to damn near every NBA insider. I don't know though, I'm not in panic mode like everyone else. I'd be cool with a couple Andre Miller type role players. We just won back to back championships with this core. Why break it up after one losing series? and if all else fails, we could still make a move before next seasons trade deadline. No reason to blow shit up in the off season.

Keep - Pau, Bynum, Kobe

I'm on the fence with LO, but everyone else is pretty much expendable

Reaction score
LA needs a young, assuming PG. LA needs a coach that isn't going to be afraid to tell Kobe that he needs to relinquish control a little bit this season and keep him at around 15 shots per night if he's shooting 39-41%. LA needs to keep Lamar Odom and Fish. Fish is either a 15 mpg starter or a 20 minute back up, unless they bring in Chris Paul. Odom is a fine roster player who had one of his most inspired seasons. If LA needs a change, they should see what they can fetch for Bynum. He's not going to crack the glass ceiling, he's a hard working Eddy Curry, and that's not a bad thing. But his injuries and inconsistent offense are easy negatives and if they can get fair return, (a big with skills and health and a combo guard) I'd let it ride. Artest is the dark horse in it all. But they still have a solid core.

As far as the Spurs, as much as it pains me to say this, I have to agree with the ESPN guy, I think Ric Bucher, who thinks it's time for a change. Tim isn't going, and deservedly so. So it's between Gino and TP, and it's a tough call. George Hill and Gary Neal can easily make up the difference in offense. I'd imagine it would be just as easy to move either, but I think Tony might be the odd guy out. The Spurs need a lengthy 3 who can defend and rebound. An Anthony Randolph-Wilson Chandler type. And most importantly Matt Bonner's role needs to drastically be reduced. Pop needs to play Tiago more. He showed glimpses and it's so, so saddening to think that Splitter didnt play next to Duncs for the first time until the playoffs when it became apparent that Bonner and Blair weren't the answer inside. I think Bonner can be moved, teams are always looking for a shooter. Man I'd give anything to see if we could send Bonner and some filler to Orlando for Brandon Bass.

Rell

Reaction score
I have a hard time parting ways with Bynum, as a fan. Obviously if you have a chance to acquire Dwight, you pursue it, but I just don't know... me and Bynum share the same heart, 40 year old virgin style. He's the yin to my yang. :( Orlando Sentinel has something up about Dwight/Arenas for Gasol/Odom...its interesting I guess

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...or-dwight-howard-tempt-the-orlando-magic.html

that's probably the best deal Orlando could make. They receive two bigs in return, and they rid themselves of a terrible contract. win/win for them. I doubt this has a chance of happening though. Would we really be willing to take on a contract as terrible as Arenas?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Interesting? You wouldn't take Howard and Arenas for those two? :lmmmao:

Rell

Reaction score
I would, but I'm not Mitch Kupchak

I'd take fuckin Chris Paul by himself for Pau Gasol at this point, I simply don't think its gonna happen. I doubt we move Gasol at all. If someone goes, it'll be Bynum...

:frown::(:(

Reaction score
Interesting? You wouldn't take Howard and Arenas for those two? :lmmmao:

Not when you consider Kobe's on the way out, so the effectiveness of a Kobe-Dwight combo has a short shelf life. And Arena's contract cripples them under the new proposed CBA, and with Arenas they're getting an incredibly over paid sub-prime Fish with no leadership skills. Yah, you get Howard, but you bring on a shit load of baggage while losing alot of size and your sixth man. Whatg happens to the Lakers if Bynum and Arenas go down? They are fucked. It's a bad deal. Switch Arenas for Turkoglu and it's a way better deal.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Nobody wants Turkaglu, after is run in Toronto and Phoenix-Orlando.

Bynum is on his way out. Even before he gave that dirty elbow to Barea. If the Lakers part way with Odom then they're in trouble, he puts in numbers when he starts and off the bench. He's up there in age but he's still effective. Fish may retire, Kobe has atleast 2-3 years in him, there's nothing wrong with Pau he just played badly this series. Lakers desperately need a PG, whether they trade for a young underrated PG or CP3.

If not LA, where would you like to see Dwight go? Honestly Philly is a young and promising team which could use someone like Dwight because there's no real bigs on that team.

Chicago/Miami. Been wanting this since the playoffs began! I'm routing for Chitown but I have no problem if Miami goes to the finals. But, I honestly think it's Dallas' time to win one.

Rell

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Bulls pretty hard right now.

Taj Gibson making LA proud

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
He's now my second favorite Bull passing Brian Scalabrine.

[yt]ytKTYzkaJSY[/yt]

Had to be flagged for violent content.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Man, that series was ridiculous. :(

Anyway, quick prediction. Miami (Sadly) in 7, Dallas (A Thunder win would literally make my stomach turn and be my worst nightmare, as a Grizz/Sonics fan, and I predicted Dallas anyway as the team to watch before the playoffs started. ;D)in 5, then Dallas in 6.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I'll go out on a huge stretch and say Dallas sweeps. I really think it's their year.

I'm still riding with the Bulls but I have no problem if Heat go to the finals. LeBron's showed nothing but class this entire playoffs (except that Blue comment but that's worthless) what he said about Boston post-game was great. He really could've told Boston to go fuck themselves because Boston has been his rival in these playoffs for the last few years and has eliminate him both times.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
It's starting to look like Durant/Westbrook will soon be getting the Dirk treatment (ie being doubted for not finishing) because let's face it, the Thunder BLEW that game. Up 15 with a little under 5 minutes to play, I'll be honest, I shut it off, and when I flip back it's OT WTF!?!

I do think that Dirk has a chip on his shoulder, be it the 06 finals crumble or the 07 playoffs when it was over before it started. He's out to prove all the nay sayers wrong, this Mavs team is much different than teams of the past, and he is more unstoppable than ever this year in the playoffs, I could see him getting the ring he's been looking for. This year is strange, because (for me atleast) all 4 teams left are genuinely likeable. I'm a long time Heat fan, and grew up with MJ so I love to see the Bulls do well, I'm a huge Durant fan and Dirk is just on a mission. Any one of those teams I could see as a legitimate 2011 NBA champion.