Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Spurs down 2-1, BRoy with a crazy comeback win for the blazers after being down by 21 points? Heat and Bulls don't get the sweep as they both lost game 4 and the Celtics are through after sweeping the knicks although all the games were close and the Knicks had injuries to key players.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Thanks for the update.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Memphis is giving it to San Antonio! Enzo what's up with your boys?

Can't really hate on the Knicks because I think it'll take some time before they can really mesh with each other plus Chauncey was out for the kast two games. But records show they're a bit better without Chauncey in the lineup.

Reaction score
Well someone needs to post something to keep activitiy in here cause this threads been one of the most active threads on the forum plus i wanna talk about the finals.

Yeah no idea whats happening to the spurs, Manu's back and they seem to be doing the same if not worse in the last couple games, id be worried if I were them but I want them to come through with the win because the Grizz arent really a threat to the lakers and I thnk SA would def beat them, thats if the lakers even make it past NO.

Yeah but Chauncey is god in the playoffs, would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he was healthy for the last few games, NY still put up a good fight even though they were swept, every game was close which is good for them an next year theyre bound to do better imo.

Nuggets finally beat the Thunder, I really want them to win but I just cant see it happening right now.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I think the west is seriously wide open. The Lakers and Spurs, who for most of the season have been anything but dominant this year in the playoffs. I seriously think any of the 8 teams (minus Denver, they're all but done) can easily win the west. The East so far is pretty much what everyone'd expect. Bulls, Celtics and Heat dominate, however Atlanta really has shocked me.

Anyone have any finals predictions?

Here's mine: I'm going out on a limb here: Miami/OKC in the finals, with Miami winning in 6.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I don't see Miami beating Boston unless it goes to 7 games. Heat have NO PG, Bibby is terrible! Whose gonna guard Rondo, whose getting triple doubles every other game? Plus in those dying seconds, they just drop the ball. The ball should be going in Wade's hand but it always ends up in LeBron's. The Heat really need to get things together when they're up against Boston and coming back from down 20 isn't helping either (talking about the last game against Philly).

LA will come back, believe dat. OKC is on easy street to the finals. Dallas and Portland, probably the most competitive series that nobody's watching, aren't going to beat OKC. Can't see it.

Finals Predictions? OKC/La or Boston/Chicago. I'm routing for Chicago but for some reason I see LA/Boston going one more time.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Anything but Boston/LA I'm fine with.

With Miami/Boston honestly I think that Boston's age is finally catching up with them. I honestly think that Bosh will get the better of Davis down low, and Rondo will get his points/assists each game and I think a guard by committe thing will be the best gameplan for Rondo. It's going to come down to stars. I honestly think that Wade/LBJ/Bosh have more in the tank and more fire than KG/Pierce/Allan and I think that will be the deciding factor, as long as Miami's role player (Chalmers, Bibby, James Jones, Big Z etc.) can contribute a little bit I think they have a chance at pushing Boston and potentially beating them.

BTW, I thought Denver/OKC was going to be the best series of round one. Boy was I wrong, I see Portland/Dallas going to 7. With Portland coming out as Dirk and company choke yet again, I'm sure LA will come out on top as well and the Spurs, unless some miracle happens are done. The Grizzlies are that hungry young team that has a shot at a deep playoff run, and I applaud them for that; all you have to do is get there and it's anyone's ballgame.

Atlanta/Memphis Finals FTW lol

Reaction score
Seriously shocked the spurs are out, even more shocked the Grizzlies beat OKC in game 1 and the Heat beat Boston in game 1 too, what the hell! All my predictions have been wrong so I really have no idea whats going to happen. I think the Lakers will make the final, sadly and either the Bulls or Celtics from the East, preferably chicago.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
So yeah, I feel pretty much vindicated about the stuff I was saying before I left.

OKC's been overrated all year (LMAO at Russell Westbrook being considered a great player), should be easy peasy for the Grizz this round after taking it to a much better team in round 1. I don't know if we can take LA as of now since it's kind of a bad matchup, but it's possible. Dallas is who i'm rooting for though, no doubt, since the Lakers suck anyway.

East, LMAO. The Heat will probably cruise, unfortunately. Rooting for anyone else though since I know if any of the other teams play the Grizz in the finals, we'd start stylin' on them and win easily.

What a great first round though. ;D

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Grizzlies have what the Spurs and Thunder don't, bigs. I honestly believe the Grizz are winning because they're winning in the match ups. Aside from Perkins, I can't name you another big man on that team (Obaka or Umbaka?), that's why OKC got him because they had no bigs. Plus OJ Mayo and Tony Allen are playing there asses off knowing that they don't have Rudy Gay to depend on. I'm glad Memphis is going this far, they're saving the team right now from extinction lol.

New Orleans now? Two years and they'll be in Vancouver or some other state, don't be surprised.

And I wonder if Dwight will wear #12 when he goes to the Lakers?

Rell

Reaction score
I told you guys Miami was good...

lol @ the Lakers sucking it up. I'm not even mad. We've won the last two, it was bound to happen eventually. Can't win em all...

NinoBrown

Reaction score
If Dallas beats Lakers but doesn't make it all the way to the finals, will they still be considered a soft team?

awilson

Reaction score
I was rooting for the Boston Celtics going into the playoffs but I think that they are not really in the zone as compared to the Heat. And it looks like James could be on the way to his first ring this season as the Lakers are to be edged out already.

The Bulls are also looking good but I do not think the Heat could be going for the east. I have a lot of friends who are Lakers fans but they are not really looking sharp in their games. Odom was already proving ground only to lose the ball when it mattered.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I almost threw up when Rondo's arm snapped like that. Couldn't believe he came right back. My picks:

Memphis
Atlanta
Miami
Dallas

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
:lmmmao: @ the lolakers

Never seen a team give up as much as they did. Terrible.