Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
If the Heat somehow made it to the finals then I could definitely see them winning but I really don't think they will, the Celtics and Bulls would beat them with ease imo, the heat havent beat either of those teams this year and I think even the Magic could be able to beat the Heat, I just can't see them making the final jus off how Lebron and DWade play, the rest of their team is crap.

I can definitely see the Bulls making the finals or even winning it, it will be tough but I can see them doing it. If the spurs come right like they have been then theyre probably the favourites to win, Manu, Parker and TD have been solid and Hills been playing really well lately as has Neal. I agree Splitter is the man and should be getting more minutes.

I think the one team in the West everyone should look out for is the Nuggets, even without Melo and Billups theyve been playing well and theyve got so many players that contribute they could be hard to go up against. I hope they beat the Thunder and make a couple upsets.

Also how do you guys think the Knicks will go?

Reaction score
I love you Lennie. LMAO . WTF Rell, so the Lakers are still the favorite after a 3 game skid to scrub teams? At least the Spurs have inuries to blame, there is something quite alarming about playing the best ball in the L to losing to insignifficant, done teams. Spurs are done? What are the Lakers?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, I stand by my guns that the East sucks and it doesn't matter who wins that conference.

Enzo, Rell, you guys are making a big mistake thinking it'll be some kind of two team race, SA and LA are obviously the class, but the West is too deep to count out anybody, especially if the Spurs get Memphis in the first round. We're way better than a usual 8 seed (The Grizz had a first half, and pretty much have had playoff games for 2 months and have been a top 10 team.) and we match up well against them. Lakers are the opposite and we haven't played well at all so our only hope is if we avoid them.

But besides them, Denver, Dallas, even Portland can upset LA or the Spurs if things slant a little their way. NO's too weak at this moment, I would have rather Houston or the Suns made it but whatever.

Also, totally agree with Enzo about OKC. I believe we said this a page or two back, but they have one great scorer with an overrated PG and a decent big. I wouldn't be surprised if Denver sweeps them in the 1st round.

Reaction score
R.e the Knicks, they are done. Every team in the East sans the 76ers from 5 through 8 not only don't belong, they are an excuse for the NBA to cut back on the playoffs. The Knicks are a 32 win team AT BEST out west while the Rockets will probably finish with 44-48 wins and miss out on the play offs. The Knicks are a prime example of how far behin.d the East is to catching up to th West.

Reaction score
Hot damn. Great sports discussion and I'm too innebriated to continue participation. Not only am I the best wrestling poster but I'm also the best basketball poster. HTK, I love you as well, but cmon thd west is seriously a two team race. Don't kid yourself guvna.

Rell

Reaction score
I love you Lennie. LMAO . WTF Rell, so the Lakers are still the favorite after a 3 game skid to scrub teams? At least the Spurs have inuries to blame, there is something quite alarming about playing the best ball in the L to losing to insignifficant, done teams. Spurs are done? What are the Lakers?

abso-fuckin-lutely

(Y)

lol this is nothing new, haven't you been paying attention? LA has been playing uninspired basketball and losing to scrub teams forever. It happens year after year, yet we're defending champs. It changes nothing.

Nobody is beating us 4 out of 7. NOBODY...

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The West is definately deeper than the East, the East is garbage. Besides the Bulls, Miami and Boston there's no other great team in the conference. Atlanta is suspect, Orlando is overrated to me, the rest don't belong making it past the second round.

As for the West, there's teams that SHOULD be making it to the finals that don't wear purple/yellow and black/silver. OKC could make a run now that they have a real big (Perkins), Dallas for YEARS should've made it to atleast three finals, Houston is dangerous and Denver even without Melo and Billups are still dangerous. But we may get the usual Western conference finals with the Spurs or the Lakers in the final.

As for the East, go Bulls!

Reaction score
So...the Spurs lose 6 in a row, half due to injuries and they are finished? But the Lakers, only 1.5 back lose 5 in a row to almost close out the season, are back to 6 back and are they still the favorite? And don't bullshit with the "they always lose to scrub teams" nonsense, that's a mid season excuse, not when you're the two time defending champs losing to playoff teams at home. You don't roll into the playoffs on a losing streak, they're no more a favorite than any of the top 6 teams in the west and this is the most vulnerable they've looked all year when you consider how well they played only two weeks ago, they're completely healthy and they're the champs. These Lakers aren't as good as advertised.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Fuck yeah i love u enzo, you know ur shit! LOL.

Dylan, sorry but theres no chance in hell that the Grizzlies are making it past the 2nd round or maybe even winning a game in the playoffs lol. But I agree that the Hornets are fucked and shouldnt be there, the rockets should take their place imo because theyve been playing good and deserve to make playoffs ahead of all the crap Eastern teams who have way worse records. And yeah I think we said somewhere back that OKC has Durant and thats pretty much it, Westbrook isn't an awful player but hes extremely overated.

I know the Knicks arent winning it this year but I could see them being the team to make a first round upset in the east, Im not sure about them beating the Celtics but I could definitely see them upsetting the heat which would be awesome. I'm only supporting Billups lol.

Rell, I bet you anything that the Lakers aren't winning it! lol I want the Nuggets to win since the piss-stains are useless and didnt make it but my moneys on the spurs.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Nuggets aren't going to do shit. The Lakers have no real competition right now in the west unless the Spurs magically can heal up and start playing better. Just sayin.

Reaction score
So they blew a chance to get the one seed by dropping 5 in a row to finish the season, three to playoff teams. And youdont see anything alarming about that? I don't know what to say if you think they ae still run away fovorites. Last I checked spurs broke their funk and are winning.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Lakers losing the last few to end the season, only means that they're gonna come out strong and tough in the playoffs.
Lakers gonna win again this year, for their thrid straight year in a row!

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Ummmm, there's a team in the east called the Bulls.

fuzzy

Reaction score
the bulls have good chance of meeting the lakers in the finals, but the lakers will win it!

Rell

Reaction score
Ummmm, there's a team in the east called the Bulls.

tumblr_lc9iusSRGx1qeue3vo1_500.gif

^^^

this picture represents the fucks that aren't being given...