• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
Lucas, my favorite white guy

:10:

sign on msn later

- on topic

...In terms of performance, Bynum's impact has come largely at the defensive end of the floor. While he's been highly efficient with his possessions (he's making 62.3 percent of his shot attempts and getting to the line regularly), the Lakers have weaker floor spacing with Bynum and Pau Gasol on the floor together, so their overall offense has been no better since the break -- exactly 4.0 points per 100 possessions better than league average before and after, when adjusted for opposition.

On defense, however, the Lakers have taken a huge step forward. They held opponents 1.8 points per 100 possessions below their usual efficiency before the All-Star break, but have improved to 8.0 points better since then. That would make them the NBA's best defense over the course of the season.

Bynum has been at the center of that stingy defense. He's grabbing 28.3 percent of available defensive rebounds, which would put him seventh in the league, and has blocked nearly as many shots as he's committed fouls. (Only one player in the NBA, San Antonio's Tim Duncan, has pulled off that feat this season.)

Basically, Bynum has played at an MVP-type level when on the floor over the past month and a half. His numbers during that span compare favorably with Dwight Howard's in every category save usage (Howard is a much bigger part of the Orlando Magic's offense). This is the type of dominant play from Bynum that has convinced the Lakers to hold on to him despite attractive trade offers. If he stays healthy (having missed the end of Sunday's game after tweaking his right knee) and plays at this level, it makes the Lakers favorites not only to win the West but to repeat as NBA champions....

- ESPN

:batista:

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I'm on MSN all the time. Haven't seen you on in forever. Did you get a new account or something?

Rell

Reaction score
I'm on MSN all the time. Haven't seen you on in forever. Did you get a new account or something?

No, did you delete me or something? I wasn't on yesterday, but I was on Sunday for like 8 hours straight.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Lakers aren't making the finals this year, if the spurs start to play how they did for the majority of the year there is noway the lakers are making it. Kobe's a fag btw.

I think we'll have a Spurs/Bulls final if the spurs stay healthy and if Boozer picks up his game.

Oh an sup rell mah smurf

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
The underseeds in the West shouldn't be slept on if I were a fan of a top 4 team for sure. Spurs, Mavs, and Thunder could all legit get put out round 1. I'm sure whoever gets LA will have a tough time, but they're not above having a good series with Portland/Hornets/Memphis. I predict some upsets going down one way or the other,

The East sucks and whoever wins that conference is gonna get blazed in the Finals no matter who wins the West, unless Miami wins and LeBron grows a nutsack. (not happening)

Back to the West, I think Dallas is getting overlooked as well. Spurs and Lakers are the sexy teams for ESPN, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if they finally get over the hump, although Butler being out hurts them a lot. They could just as easily go down in the first round, their whole game is streaky, which is why if they get hot, they might be the most dangerous team in the playoffs. Not likely, but definitely a possibility.

This has been a pretty epic basketball season no matter though, through and through.

Rell

Reaction score
The East sucks and whoever wins that conference is gonna get blazed in the Finals no matter who wins the West, unless Miami wins and LeBron grows a nutsack. (not happening)

lol...

I can't see Chicago beating LA in a 7 game series, but Miami definitely has a chance. I don't know why but they seem to matchup well with us. They destroyed us in LA and beat us in Miami. Of course, this was before Andrew Bynum went on steroids. Kobe can't defend Wade, its apparent.

:eek::

Rell

Reaction score
Who else but us?

I guess OKC may have a chance but ehh, lets be real :eek:

San Antonio - finished
Dallas - overachieved...soft...outmatched
Denver - Could cause trouble, but in a 7 game series I highly doubt their chances
Portland - ...
New Orleans - Don't stand a chance without David West, and quite honestly still wouldn't stand a chance WITH him
Memphis - :lmmmao:

if OKC makes the finals, you might as well hand the EC the trophy.

Reaction score
Chicago can beat LA in a seven game series. Not saying they will, but they can. Moreso than Miami.They have the size, defense and leadership. How the fuck is Miami going to match up against the Laker's size? Chris Bosh is Lamar Odom without the Kobe or rings, and the rest of the front court is a fucking joke, a carousel of washed up hacks. Pfft, Miami isn't going to make it out of the second round if they're facing Boston.

And don't count the Spurs out. If Pop gets his head out his ass and realized Tiago Splitter is a better fit defensively and giving 25 minutes per to Matt "I've been shooting 23% the past month and can't defend or rebound" Bonner is a death blow, the Spurs can take the Lakers, who seem to have peaked and lost two completely winnable games this week while Tim Duncan is just starting to wake up. Don't drink the media kool aid and count out sports winningest teams. Plus Pop has been in CIA mode the past three months.

And BWAHAHAHAHA at the thought of OKC being a legit contender, they're even more over rated than last year. Two more years before they make their move as Dallas, an Antonio and LA will still be better teams next year.

Rell, how long have you been a Lakers fan? Lifetime or like the 65% of their fanbase bandwagoners? This is a question that can spot a bandwagon Lakers fan; Nick Van Exel or Eddie Jones?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Haha, even I remember that scrawny fucking smurf Van Exel. Got owned so hard by that fucker so many times in NBA Live 98 with his ungodly 3 point shot ratings.

Rell

Reaction score
Chicago can beat LA in a seven game series. Not saying they will, but they can. Moreso than Miami.They have the size, defense and leadership. How the fuck is Miami going to match up against the Laker's size? Chris Bosh is Lamar Odom without the Kobe or rings, and the rest of the front court is a fucking joke, a carousel of washed up hacks. Pfft, Miami isn't going to make it out of the second round if they're facing Boston.

And don't count the Spurs out. If Pop gets his head out his ass and realized Tiago Splitter is a better fit defensively and giving 25 minutes per to Matt "I've been shooting 23% the past month and can't defend or rebound" Bonner is a death blow, the Spurs can take the Lakers, who seem to have peaked and lost two completely winnable games this week while Tim Duncan is just starting to wake up. Don't drink the media kool aid and count out sports winningest teams. Plus Pop has been in CIA mode the past three months.

And BWAHAHAHAHA at the thought of OKC being a legit contender, they're even more over rated than last year. Two more years before they make their move as Dallas, an Antonio and LA will still be better teams next year.

Rell, how long have you been a Lakers fan? Lifetime or like the 65% of their fanbase bandwagoners? This is a question that can spot a bandwagon Lakers fan; Nick Van Exel or Eddie Jones?
been a Laker fan since the Del Harris days (started watching ball around 96/97)

obviously I wasn't around during the showtime era or anything lol, I'm young...

I'm born and raised in Los Angeles though, so that alone crushes the bandwagon angle. As for Nick the quick or Eddie, I'll take Eddie all day. Nick was my favorite player at one point but he left on bad terms.

I don't think OKC is a legit contender either, but they're the only team out west that I believe can beat LA in a series. I say that because Fisher always struggles against quick guards, and they happen to have Westbrook, one of the quickest PG's in the NBA. Kobe held him down last year but ehh...his knees are pretty suspect, and he's definitely lost a step. Big Perk also gives Bynum/Pau problems.

tbqh, the Lakers, Bulls and Heat are the only legit contenders I see. Sorry but I'm most definitely counting the Spurs out lol. If Bynum can stay healthy enough to contribute throughout the playoffs, we have the 3peat sewn up.

Haha, even I remember that scrawny fucking smurf Van Exel. Got owned so hard by that fucker so many times in NBA Live 98 with his ungodly 3 point shot ratings.

:jake:

Rell

Reaction score
by the way, Chicago has you guys fooled.

I'm telling you...

they're like this years version of last years Cavs...

Reaction score
Van Exel on the Mavs in Live 03 was beyond insane, that whole Mavs team was sick in that game. Sadly Live 03 was the last acceptable Live and the only thing redeeming about any other Live game was the Dunk contest in 06.

And lol, the Heat are NOT contenders. No bigs, no rings. Can't beat the Celts or Bulls. Plus LeChoke and Tissues Bosh make the Mavs look like the 99 and 03 Spurs.

Rell

Reaction score
Van Exel on the Mavs in Live 03 was beyond insane, that whole Mavs team was sick in that game. Sadly Live 03 was the last acceptable Live and the only thing redeeming about any other Live game was the Dunk contest in 06.

And lol, the Heat are NOT contenders. No bigs, no rings. Can't beat the Celts or Bulls. Plus LeChoke and Tissues Bosh make the Mavs look like the 99 and 03 Spurs.

I'll put it like this..

I doubt the Heat make it to the finals. I feel Chicago and even Boston can beat them... but if they somehow luck up and make it to the finals, they can definitely beat the Lakers (my WC pick)

and that's why I consider them contenders, lol..

I don't know Lebron's record against the Lakers, but I'm 100% sure its a winning one.