Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
The Thunder I think will be a force in the West. I still think the SPurs an Lakers are the top two teams in the West, but OKC is making some noise. Much like Chicago in the East.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I dunno, I think the Thunder are actually very weak besides Durant and a SUPER overrated Westbrook, and a decent big in Perkins. They're a playoff team, but I wouldn't be surprised if they take the fall in the first round no matter who they face.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Yeah the Thunder and Westbrook are really overated imo, Durant is one of the best players in the league but I still don't feel as though the thunder are a major threat to the likes of the Spurs or Lakers, especially now that theyve lost Green who at times was a good scorer and you wont really get that with Perk, he will help the defence though.

God the pistons are pathetic, 4-6 players went to one of there shootaround and they played with a 6man rotation in one game, they didnt actually do too bad that game but thats still awful.i

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The city of Detroit is a wreck. We think it's all good with that Eminem commercial, a week later half the schools are shut down and Piston players are on strike.

Poor Miami Heat, blowing their load night after night. How do go 40 - 9 in the 4th quarter? What's wrong with that team? Under 5 seconds left and you have Bosh, your power forward, going for the game winner? Wade seems to be absent when it comes to these situations, wouldn't you want to put it in his hands over Bosh, Bibby even LeBron?

Reaction score
Who saw the epic rape San Antonio put on Miami?? When Matt Bonner and Gary Neal are outperforming Bosh and Wade, you know you're not a contender. And LMAO at C.I.A. Pop and Tony with the injury. Seriously, I know people want to believe that power has shifted East, but the power is still in the West, 3 of the four best records are out West and the Mavs, Lakers and Spurs are legit contenders. The only teams to fear in the East are Boston and Chicago, and the Bulls are still young with a rookie coach, Doc Rivers can out coach a former protege.

But two things are very certain, Derrick Rose is the hands down MVP and Pop is hands down coach of the year.

Reaction score
Yeah I watched the Spurs completely murder miami, Bonner was on fire! It was a whole team effort and the heat had no chance, Bosh was terrible and even LBJ only had 2 points after the first quarter although he did get better.

The East has nothing on the West, seriously the Spurs, Mavs and Lakers are easily the best 3 teams in the league, their records prove it but also all their victories. Miami have a good record but theyre terrible against top teams, getting swept by the Bulls for the year and gettin destroyed but the Spurs and not having beat the celtics this year, they at the moment are not contenders imo. I agree that right now the Celtics and Bulls look to be the teams in the Eastern Conference finals, unless the heat somehow get over whatevers going on there or if the Magic pickup play which I don't think they will.

Derrick Rose is insane this year! I don't know who could beat him in for MVP, and yeah Pop is by far the best coach for the year although the Hornets coach has really helped them this season, forgot his name lol.

Lakers Vs Heat tomorrow, be interesting to see the outcome of that game and see if Miami can beat them again which I doubt will happen. Also Spurs just owned the Pistons, man their shooting percentages were crazy good, they swept them for the first time in awhile I think I read too.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Wow... After the Spurs rape the Heat.... The Heat Rape the Spurs (of course not RIGHT after but still). Even as a Heat fan (and dont pull the bandwagon fan, I've been a fan for years... I think last year I was the only one who thought they could beat the Celtics last year lol) this team pisses me off at times. Bosh in particular, I've never been the biggest Bosh fan, but when he's on, he's on. He has really stepped up his game, the Lakers and Spurs games he showed why he was one of the top 15 in points last year. Wade is playing the way he should have all year: he's been the closer, and his defense in the Spurs game was almost 2K11-esque.

But without a solid supporting cast (Chalmers, Illgauskas and Miller have had moments though) they wont be doing much in the playoffs. They could win a 1st round series against an inferior team, but in a series against Boston or Chicago (I do think they could beat Orlando in 6 or 7 tbh) I could see them realistically getting swept. Chalmers I feel needs (and has the ablility) to be that Rondo type of PG that Wade, LBJ and Bosh need to get over that hump, but without another rebounder I dont see them getting a title, Illgauskas is solid and everyone else has moments but Boston, Orlando and Chicago all are far surperior rebounding teams.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Lakers gonna win thrid straight championship!!!
The playoffs are looking real nice and tough this year, in both divisions.

jx028

Reaction score
yeah , the more close to playoff , tha lakers beccomes more awesome , have a look their performance after all star weekend , the final almost lose the suspense yet .

Reaction score
I'm interested to see who the 8th seeds will be in both conferences, I think it will end up being the Grizzlies and Pacers but theres alot of teams chasing them so you never know but if those two teams end up staying in the top 8 theyll both get swept imo whereas I think if the likes of the Rockets or Bucks were to make it theyd have a little better chance now that there teams are healthy and theyre starting to find a little form.

Man the Spurs havent been doing to well as of late, I know they had injuries and were resting players but I think theyre on a 5 game losing streak now? They need to do something about that but at the same time make sure there big three dont get hurt.

Anyone wanna do predcitions?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Prediction: Daaaaaaa Bulls

Reaction score
The second round of the Western playoffs are going to be tits. We're talking like some obscene sized titties, like triple Y or something like that. Bananas. Beserk. Bonkers. Shit, the 2-7,3-6-and 4-5 matchups will be insane too. And remember how everyone at the beginning of the season said the East caught up with the west? They haven't. Anyteam 1-6 could be 1-3 out East. The only team out East that could bang in the Finals with the Western champ is Chicago, they have the size, D, and leadership to do it. Boston fucked themselves royally by getting rid of Perkins and then there's the Heat, the pseudo Yankees of the NBA sans the incredible history and their Jeter (Wade) is treated more like John Elway before his Superbowl titles when he should be their Tim Duncan. And LMAO at the Magic, Hawks, and Knicks. All that talent on the roster and they are epic failures. The only team that could make a run at an upset is Philly, they have young legs, one of the best, if not best, perimiter defenders in Iggy (so insane to see how he sacrificed his offense to become a leader and prime defender), some decent size and a decent coach who made his team believe in them.

Rell

Reaction score
Prediction: Daaaaaaa Bulls

...will be devastated when LA sweeps them in the finals, sending Phil Jackson into retirement with his 12th ring...

oh, and he'll win it all in Chicago, the place where it all started. How fuckin great. Storybook ending. I'm already tearing up...

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I'm not even going to comment on the subject at hand. I'm going to take in this moment for myself. I can't believe I'm in the same realm once again as Qwaneth Mickens. What a fantastic day this is.