• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official NBA Discussion Thread

Celtics can get fucked, I cannot stand Kevin Garnett, he's always crying about something, then he talks shit to Charlie Villanueva who would probably knock him out and he also elbowed Andrew Bogut just to be an asshole. Fuck I hate him.

Pistons are so frustrating to support, their first 5 games were all against pretty good teams and they could have won atleast 4 of them but they played like shit at the end of the game. Thunder got a weak layup at the buzzer to beat them, Bulls came back from 21 to beat them, the Hawks beat them in the last couple minutes and same with the Nets. They got 2 good home wins over the Bobcats and Warriors only to get smashed by the Blazers. They really need to get rid of Hamilton imo, he's old and not playing very well and it would help get Ben Gordon more minutes, he started the season off averaging over 20 points and since rip got back from injury hes dropped averaging about 18 or so. Hopefully they can get some good wins on the road over the Clippers (Blake Griffin for ROTY) and the Kings.

Also hope the Nuggets do well and I'm interested to see how the Heat do for the season, haven't started too well, Bosh has been crap and their first game against Boston was awful, lets see how they do against the Celtics in their next game.

That's what happens when you stock your team with all shooting guards and small forwards and expect them to play all five positions. Without a true point guard and a decent big man the odds of success in the NBA just are not that good.

^^That's why the Heat won't win the title this year. Their big men SUCK. Chris Bosh is so soft he's doing Tempurpedic ads, not to mention Kim Kardashian grabs more rebounds than that ugly goon. And they've got the worst starting center any contender has probably ever started in Joel Anthony. Big men are KEY. Without them, Kobe has NO rings and is no better than Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson. Decent to good big men win teams championships.

Lennie, you're fucking awesome. Keep posting in this thread, I'd love to have a decent sports section on these boards, but besides Nino, SE76 and some minor contributions from others, this section blows. Maybe if we merged it with the MMA board (fat chance) maybe we could get some more activity. We could get some good discussion if people cared or paid attention to non- fad sports.

straight_edge76

^^That's why the Heat won't win the title this year. Their big men SUCK. Chris Bosh is so soft he's doing Tempurpedic ads, not to mention Kim Kardashian grabs more rebounds than that ugly goon. And they've got the worst starting center any contender has probably ever started in Joel Anthony. Big men are KEY. Without them, Kobe has NO rings and is no better than Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson. Decent to good big men win teams championships.

I agree with this 100%. Even as a Heat fan the way out big men play, or lack there of is pathetic. Sure, Wade and LeBron are playing like you would expect but the big men are getting pushed around like a 12 year old girl... Bosh is playing like a chump and I feel that if he wasn't so buddy-buddy with LeBron and Wade he wouldn't have been in Miami. I think that Amar'e woule have made a much better pseudo-bigman addition to the Heat more than Bosh because he atleast can fucking rebound. If Miami doesn't either step up down low, or make a move either through free agency or a trade they are gonna get bullied by the Boston's and Orlando's of the East

Haslem is solid, but other than him you have nothing they are looking at an early round playoff exit, which as a Heat fan I cannot say I want to see but it's the truth.

Yeah Enzo, if the sports section on this forum was more active I'd definitely be on here more often. You should ask somebody about the idea of merging it with the MMA section, would help create activity and we could actually have some good conversations/debates and whatnot about sport.

As for the Heat, its not only the big men that aren't doing to well but also Lebron and Wade aren't playing to their full potential. Lebron has so many turnovers per game, his assists are better then ever but his scoring has dropped alot too, you would expect his scoring to drop when being put on a team with Wade and Bosh but its really dropped alot. Wade's been scoring well but hasn't done much else and both games the Heat have played the Celtics Wade has played terribly. Bosh is the biggest pussy on the team which says alot because the other big men are all mostly crap too. Anthony is horrible he doesn't play many minutes and the minutes that he is on he doesn't do anything with them. I heard a stat the commentators said a couple days ago that he had played over 100mins for the season and had put up less then 20 shots or something which is crazy lol. Haslems been doing well, rebounding and has been scoring alright too.

Btw, I'm so happy the Nuggets beat the Lakers to stop them from getting to 9 -0!

straight_edge76

It also doesn't help for the Heat that the point guards are not doing a very good job handling the ball and dishing out assists. It's seems like everyone on the team wants to take a backseat to Wade and LeBron, which is understandable because they are the fucking stars of the team, the other players, big men and PGs alike really need to start stepping it up and playing atleast a competant role player role. That's what made the 08 Celtics with the big 3 so successful. You had KG, Pierce and Ray Allen obviously playing like a trio but you had the other guys all playing like they should and really complimenting their game.

I think when Mike Miller comes back from injury in January or so they could have some much needed help at the guard spot, but until Bosh, Haslam and the other big men start playing like men and not scared little girls I dont see them making it far in the playoffs.

straight_edge76

From what I've see from Blake Griffin this season, it's looking like his #1 hype was justified.

What I have noticed about the Heat is what I knew all along, the team needs Wade to have big games to stay competitive with the good teams of the NBA. In the games he hasn't played well in (or not at all) the team seems lost. LeBron, Bosh and company seem like they cant take that leadership role that Wade pretty much has on lock. When he is hot, the team plays great, when he isn't the team looks lost. Unless some of the playmakers start stepping up when Wade is having an off night they will be going nowhere this season.

Black Griffin is a beast man, sick dunks! Rookie of the year for sure imo, Wall ain't go nothin' on him.

DWade got 3 points in his last game, yeah he was back from a hurt wrist or whatever but 3 points is pathetic, LBJ and Bosh didn't do that well either. The Heat are gonna be awful for a couple months with Haslem out, he's their best rebounder and now he's out, Bosh REALLY needs to step it up on the boards now.

Spurs have won 11 straight I think, that's crazy good, they play the TWolves next so you'd think theyd extend it to 12 unless Kevin Love has another 30-30 game lol.

^^^ Griffin and Wall are so close, both can be 20-10 players by season's end and we could have the first Co-ROYs since Hill and Kidd in 95. Both are sick.

Even if KLove goes for 30-30, which isn't going to happen unless Bonner Ds up on him the entire game, the Puppies are still going down.

straight_edge76

DWade got 3 points in his last game, yeah he was back from a hurt wrist or whatever but 3 points is pathetic, LBJ and Bosh didn't do that well either. The Heat are gonna be awful for a couple months with Haslem out, he's their best rebounder and now he's out, Bosh REALLY needs to step it up on the boards now.

Couldn't agree more on Haslem. I am not going to say he was an elite rebounder, but he was pretty damn solid. I felt that he has been pretty underrated his enitre carrer, the Heat are definitely going to suffer with pussy boy Bosh as the top guy down low.... Gonna be a long few months for Miami.

Just want to gloat about the Spurs. LMAO @ the Heat. LMAO @ "the experts" that seem to always want to write off the Spurs, then slowly jump back on the fucking bandwagon as the season progresses. Happened last year, the season before and will happen again. Fuck I hate 90% of the sports analysts out there. Anyways, 13-1!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, ESPN generally picks out a team from a sport and their analyst mysteriously dickride them until things bottom out. (Heat, Patriots, USC pre-Bush fiasco, Duke, Yankees etc.) For the Heat, that won't happen until May.

Yesterday the Grizz clobbered Detroit (Hi, Lennie. :D) and it seems like they're SO close to breaking through into a lower seed playoff team, but it seems like we've been down this road before, Mayo's so up and down it's hard to rely on him for long stretches, Gay is the one they should go to when they need a big game, but the coach seems to favor OJ in interviews and how he coaches...PG is weak with Tony Allen, and a slowly improving Conley. Gasol's continuing to be a force on the inside, and in my opinion, one of the most underrated big men in the league. Zack "42 Minutes" is another solid veteran hand to have, but I can't help but feel his time's coming sooner rather than later. C-level veterans and schizophrenic young talents...ah, the life of a small market team. :/

The Spurs are proof positive that small market teams can not only succeed, but maintain that success, 35 or so years in the league and only 4 times they have missed the playoff, since Duncan has come to town they have been the winningest team across all three major sports. It's weird how my town is the 7th largest city in the states but has the 34th largest tv market. But either way, it's all about the owner and the front office.

That's true, but like you said, they've missed the playoffs only four times, because they're run/coached very well with an old school philosophy. Memphis has a history of losing for over a decade, back to the Vancouver days. They didn't get that way by accident. Although being in a smaller market has nothing to do with it, i'll give you that. But still, I don't think Memphis has what it takes just yet with their current crew top to bottom.