Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^^^There is apparently no trade for Beasley, which means Bosh just walked out on 30 extra million, but it works better for Miami in a sense that having Bosh take the 5 year max instead of the 6 negates having to trade Beasley. And if LBJ comes to Miami, I'm certain the Cavs aren't taking Beasley. At least with the talent the Cavs still have they can go for a bottom playoff spot in the East, and dumbass Toronto gave Lienas Kleiza 18 million for a bench guy.

But I think with LBJ going to Miami, two major concerns arise. 1. How and with what are they going to fill out the roster? And 2: Is the ball big enough for all 3? I don't see it and Miami would be better to put smaller pieces, like a no. 3 and 4. guy instead of another no.1 around Wade and Bosh.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Damnit. They said at 9, Lebron would annouce where he is going. It's almost 9:30 and they are just now getting him. Of course, they said after the break. Which means Lebron will talk and we wont find out the answer til after another break.

Reaction score
If they can get some decent talent to take the minimums to play with this Triad, they can be really, really scary. First thing they need is a solid PG and an apt center with decent rebounding skills. The next thing they need is some skilled gunners that the three stars can kick out to. I'd recommend some guys but I really don't have the energy to go through everything. It will be nice to see.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Let's just remember now, when KG and Ray Allen signed with Boston they won a ring the same year.

Miami will make stars out of the no names currently on the roster.

Reaction score
Boston did get pretty lucky with Rondo turning out as good as he did. All Miami has to hope is that one of them doesn't get hurt. One injury and things are going to get pretty critical.

Maybe I should volunteer to be back up shooting guard. I'd play for like 20 bucks a game.

Reaction score
Boston also had James Posey, Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Big Baby and Sam Cassell on that roster. Those are the type of pieces that make up a championship team. There are 5 guys total on the Heat including the Triad. Beasley has talent, just no desire and Chalmers is mediocre. The Heat are going to have to fill out the roster wit league minimum guys and three 2nd rd picks. That might be a far cry from the talent that Boston had as it's supporting cast. They need a facilitating PG and a big, sturdy center than can rebound and defend other bigs because Bosh is too soft and doesn't want to.

Wordlife

Reaction score
Celtics > Heat still to this day with or without The Trinity.

Besides, Kobe will win his 6th ring this year, and then retire to honor MJ. Fuck the Heat. They don't even have 7 minimum salary players.

Reaction score
Since this crap is already like a crappy Hollywood movie, I'm expecting next for all of them to announce they are signing for only like 10 million a year or something so there's room for the team to get other decent players.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
^ They won't sign for that amount but they definitely will all take a little bit of a paycut so they can bring in a couple other pieces to help them out. They have two 2nd round draft pic centers so if either of them are good big rebounders I'd keep one of them and maybe even have them in the starting 5 so Bosh can play PF and Beasley can make an impact off the bench. I'd like to see them make a star PG like the Celtics did but I just really don't see Charmers amounting to anything. I think JJ Redick was off contract, he'd make a great signing for the heat right now, he could do well off the bench and be a great shooter that LBJ or DWade could get the ball too.

What would you guys think about the Heat signing Allen Iverson? Sure he's not as great as he once was but he wouldn't ask for much money and he could probably help the big 3 out, he'd ask to start but that wouldn't be a big deal, he could just sub off regularly, I think he would make a pretty good fit for them.

I feel sorry for the Nets, they have so much money and a few good young players but they haven't signed any big names and there aren't too many big free agents left.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert, Owner of the Cleveland Cavs. Wow.