Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Scola is a restricted FA. I almost wanted to cry when the Spurs traded his rights and especially to a division rival nonetheless and the Rcokets haven't even repaid the favor. Assholes. He paired with Duncan almost assuredly means the Spurs would have gotten that elusive 3 peat or at the very least would have made it half way to ten titles. Hopefully the Splitter situation ends better for us. On a side note, and not to gas my team up, but who drafts better than the Spurs? They haven't drafted higher than 20th in the first rd. since 97 and this is whom they've drafted in those twelve years:
Manu
Tony
Leandro Barbosa
Beno Udrih
John Salmons
Scola
Goran Dragic-bastard killed us in the Phoenix series, ingrate
Tiago Splitter- reg. season and Finals MVP of the best Euro league, top ranked Euro prospect
George Hill
Dejuan Blair
James Anderson- fell to us because of a sore hamstring, he's the 2010 Blair of the draft, mark my words

When you think of all the low picks they've had, that's just sick to see how much starting talent they've brought into the league. The Clips have had 10 lottery picks in that same period and only one hasn't been a bust. Nobody drafts better than the Spurs, seriously.

Reaction score
Scola is a restricted FA. I almost wanted to cry when the Spurs traded his rights and especially to a division rival nonetheless and the Rcokets haven't even repaid the favor. Assholes. He paired with Duncan almost assuredly means the Spurs would have gotten that elusive 3 peat or at the very least would have made it half way to ten titles. Hopefully the Splitter situation ends better for us. On a side note, and not to gas my team up, but who drafts better than the Spurs? They haven't drafted higher than 20th in the first rd. since 97 and this is whom they've drafted in those twelve years:
Manu
Tony
Leandro Barbosa
Beno Udrih
John Salmons
Scola
Goran Dragic-bastard killed us in the Phoenix series, ingrate
Tiago Splitter- reg. season and Finals MVP of the best Euro league, top ranked Euro prospect
George Hill
Dejuan Blair
James Anderson- fell to us because of a sore hamstring, he's the 2010 Blair of the draft, mark my words

When you think of all the low picks they've had, that's just sick to see how much starting talent they've brought into the league. The Clips have had 10 lottery picks in that same period and only one hasn't been a bust. Nobody drafts better than the Spurs, seriously.

Reaction score
Knicks gave Amare 5 years and 100 million: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5356502

Wow is all I can say. Over paid and I almost guarantee he will not be as effective without Nash. Probably on par with how awful the Joe Johnson deal is and he's had the dreaded microfracture surgery. Bosh will get a little more and Boozer will get a little less. Lets see where the pieces fall.

Reaction score
Knicks gave Amare 5 years and 100 million: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5356502

Wow is all I can say. Over paid and I almost guarantee he will not be as effective without Nash. Probably on par with how awful the Joe Johnson deal is and he's had the dreaded microfracture surgery. Bosh will get a little more and Boozer will get a little less. Lets see where the pieces fall.

Wordlife

Reaction score
I'd be shocked to see who goes where now.... as long as Wade of LBJ lands in my town of Chicago, I'll be a happy man. Hell, even Bosh, but I think he's semi-overrated.

Wordlife

Reaction score
I'd be shocked to see who goes where now.... as long as Wade of LBJ lands in my town of Chicago, I'll be a happy man. Hell, even Bosh, but I think he's semi-overrated.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
People think Bosh is overated, Amar'e is wayy more overated, 100million for 5 years with the knicks is Blue imo, that's money that a franchise star player should be getting, DWade or Lebron should be getting around that at Amar'e should be getting around the 80million if that. The Knicks are just throwing there money around which is stupid imo. I guess maybe now that he's signed it will give LBJ and Wade time to think to see if they want to play with Amare or not.

I like what Enzo said about the Nets btw, if the younger guys developed well with a Wade or Lebron on the team they'd near be contenders.

Reaction score
^^^No need to worry about Beasley coming to Toronto, Bosh apparently flat out walked and left 30 million on the table and it screws the Raps for two reasons: they get nothing back. And two, with no trade there is no trade kicker or trade exception or a MLE or even an LLE I think (Mid and low level exceptions that don't count against the cap) so they only have a really measly 5 mil in cap space and that isn't bringing anyone of any value to help the Raps. So now they have a Turkoglu who doesn't want to be there, who nobody wants there, an overpaid Amir Johnson, Andrea Bargiani who is even softer than Bosh and a rookie in Ed Davis as their front court. And they have 42 million tied up in Calderon and Jarrett Jack. YUCK. Colangelo really, really fucked you guys over as a GM. He brought in a bunch of over paid under achievers and the two best players on the squad (Turk, Andrea) are chuckers who play zero D and the Turk experiment is a complete debacle and no one wants that guy. The only trade-able piece the Raps got is Andrea and I don't know if they'd get fair value out of him. The Raps, in all likelihood are going to be fighting for the best spot in the cellar.

Good for the Heat on their signings. I think they should just take what cap space they have left and try and sign some role players instead of trying to stretch for LBJ, who in all likelihood is headed back to Cleveland with Chicago being the next front runner. But there are some good role players that Miami could surround their stars with and mind you the only players under contract besides Bosh and Wade are Chalmers and Beasley, whom nobody is going to take to help out the biggest free agency winners. But they could make a go at Ray Allen, who would be absolutely perfect as a kick out guy as long as he takes alot less money, just depends on how much he wants another championship. Then they need a PG for really cheap and a starting center...nvm on that Allen suggestion because he'd have to play SG and Wade SF and Beasley PF, meaning pussy Bosh would have to play Center and he doesn't want that. Too bad because an Allen-Bosh-Wade-Beasley (who is far more effective at the 4) and vet. PG is a really formidable starting line up, throw in some vet minimums like: Ben Wallace (everyone needs some dirty work players), Kurt Thomas, one of the Lakers released PGs like Farmar or Brown and a cheap gunner like Roger Mason then fill it out with their 2 rd picks and SL guys to make it a full roster.

If Chicago misses out on LBK, bwahahahaha on them wasting all that time to only get Boozer, same with the Knicks only landing Stoudemire. All the better pieces are being taken. Allthough Ray Allen paired with Booze, the young Bulls and maybe a few other lower level FAs like a vet. shooter and a solid defender like Toney Allen and they look good or they could stand pat, see how this teams performs with a low priced roster fill and see if they can get Melo next offseason. The Knicks might as well try and sign David Lee to have perhaps the best front court in the East and put some cheap pieces around them or S&T Lee for a good PG and some pieces.

New Jersey probably wont bother to make any moves and just take their lumps again, maybe make a grab at the trade deadline, but will probably get another good pick , let their talent grow and make a move for next years crop and build the old fashioned way. It worked for OKC.

And then there's Cleveland. If they get LBJ back they are going to make some moves. Anderson Varrejao, Mo Williams and Jamison will all be on the block and the owner loves to spend. Perhaps bring in LBJ, with Allen and maybe a middle of the pack guy like Nate Robinson or Al Harrington. BUT if I were Cleveland, I try and put Jamison and his expiring and JJ Hickson on the next train to NY to bring back David Lee, bring in Allen and maybe a solid backup center in either Big Z or Brad Miller, or even both as they both have nice shooting ability that helps LBJ's game.

Imagine a Cleveland team with: C: Verajao, F:Lee F: LBJ G: Ray Allen G: Mo Williams 6.N. Robinson 7. Illgauskas 8. vet. FA like Mike Miller, Ronnie Brewer or Matt Barnes and then a decent back up big on the cheap. But that first 8 is a championship nucleus with shooters, scorers and a rowdy front court that hustles in Lee and Varrejao. If they retool a bit they can definitely do it and Byron Scott will be the best coach LBJ ever had.

Reaction score
Well whatever team Mr. James ends up on, the tickets will skyrocket to nearly unaffordable prices.

I hate the economics of sports so much. Sometimes it really disgusts me.

Travis40

Reaction score
Ugh, why in the hell does LeBron even need a 1 hour special, when he's going to make the announcement in the first 10 minutes? LeBron needs to fuck himself tbh. I really don't care where he goes, because he still won't win a title, unless he pulls a complete bitch move and heads to Miami. Seriously, if Miami has Bosh, Wade, and James, and they win a title, you can't seriously be happy about that. So the best players can't win a title on their own, so they go to one team? Wow....

EDIT - ESPN is saying that all signs indicate LeBron signing with the Heat...............

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Even if LBJ goes to Miami, Boston is still the team in the east to beat.

Oh yeah, could you imagine if he signed with the Bulls, now that they have Boozer? Games will look like something out of NBA Jam, Rose playmaking, Noah and Boozer in the post, Hinrich shooting, LBJ being LBJ? Shiiiiiiet. Bulls will be a force even without LBJ, Rose will make sure every Max Free Agent regrets not signing going to Chicago.

Btw Ray Allen resigns with Boston for 2 years 10 mil

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
^ Wasn't Hinrich released?

Ray Allen re-signed with the Celtics it said on NBA.com. Also, Durant extends his contract for another 5 years which is good for the Thunder.

Out of all the teams going for LBJ I think the Nets have the worst chance of getting him but I really hope he goes there, that'd be so epic. Right now I see him going to either Miami or New York, unless he stays in Cleveland which would be gay.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
As a Heat fan, I am kind of torn on the LeBron to Miami rumors. If they do sign LeBron, alongside Wade and Bosh they have little to nothing to build around. If they do sign LeBron they will have the LBJ/Wade/Bosh trio, Chalmers and Beasley under contract (one of which, is I believe possible to be traded in the Bosh deal) and little to no cap space to built a semi-decent supporting cast. Without that I cannot see Miami winning a title this year, or next potentially.