Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

Reaction score
All this hype... if we don't land Lebron NOW, I'll be pissed as hell! Everything everywhere here in Chicago is either:

- Blackhawks getting rid of all of their players
- Bulls getting Lebron
- Bulls getting Lebron again
- Carlos Zambrano is a psycho
- Bulls getting Lebron AND Bosh

It better happen. Getting my hopes up and shit. Getting the whole CITIES hopes up and shit.

Wordlife

Reaction score
All this hype... if we don't land Lebron NOW, I'll be pissed as hell! Everything everywhere here in Chicago is either:

- Blackhawks getting rid of all of their players
- Bulls getting Lebron
- Bulls getting Lebron again
- Carlos Zambrano is a psycho
- Bulls getting Lebron AND Bosh

It better happen. Getting my hopes up and shit. Getting the whole CITIES hopes up and shit.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I honestly dont think LeBron or Wade are going anywhere. To a certain extent same with Paul Pierce and Dirk, they just want max deals imo. The only big names I see moving are Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire tbh. And even Johnson isn't a sure fire free agent. With Amare and Bosh the writing has been on the wall for like 2 years now. However, I could see Bosh ending up going somwhere with LeBron, Wade or both. I could also see Johnson ending up in NY or NJ if they can't get LeBron and/or Wade.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I honestly dont think LeBron or Wade are going anywhere. To a certain extent same with Paul Pierce and Dirk, they just want max deals imo. The only big names I see moving are Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire tbh. And even Johnson isn't a sure fire free agent. With Amare and Bosh the writing has been on the wall for like 2 years now. However, I could see Bosh ending up going somwhere with LeBron, Wade or both. I could also see Johnson ending up in NY or NJ if they can't get LeBron and/or Wade.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Joe Johnson and Amare are probably the two I see most likely going to NY or NJ. Amare's good but can't play D whatsoever, Joe Johnson had ONE good season and was a ghost in the playoffs this past season. I'd like to see Bosh go anywhere where he'll be a sure contender, Chicago or Miami mostly. I'm leaning toward Miami and we (Toronto) will get Michael Beasley and a deadweight player or two. We just signed Amir Johnson to a $32 mil contract and he's a BENCH player.

As for LeBron, I honestly not sure.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Joe Johnson and Amare are probably the two I see most likely going to NY or NJ. Amare's good but can't play D whatsoever, Joe Johnson had ONE good season and was a ghost in the playoffs this past season. I'd like to see Bosh go anywhere where he'll be a sure contender, Chicago or Miami mostly. I'm leaning toward Miami and we (Toronto) will get Michael Beasley and a deadweight player or two. We just signed Amir Johnson to a $32 mil contract and he's a BENCH player.

As for LeBron, I honestly not sure.

soulpower

Reaction score
Lebron should just go to Chicago. They already have some nice pieces, and he could put them over the top. Wade going to Chicago as well would make sense (What with him being from Chicago), but I just get the feeling he'll stay in Miami, and the Heat will end up with someone like Carlos Boozer on the team.

As for Joe Johnson, he's supposedly leaning towards staying in Atlanta (Who offered him a max contract), so I don't think he goes anywhere.

soulpower

Reaction score
Lebron should just go to Chicago. They already have some nice pieces, and he could put them over the top. Wade going to Chicago as well would make sense (What with him being from Chicago), but I just get the feeling he'll stay in Miami, and the Heat will end up with someone like Carlos Boozer on the team.

As for Joe Johnson, he's supposedly leaning towards staying in Atlanta (Who offered him a max contract), so I don't think he goes anywhere.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I want LeBron to go to the Nets, that would be awesome. After a terrible season if they were to get LeBron to spark them they would be definite contenders, he'd have Harris, Lee and Lopez there as well who are all good players and with a real leader could become even better, then they'd still have some money left over for a couple other decent players.

I see Wade and Bosh going to the same team, or even if Wade stayed in Miami and they got Bosh that'd be awesome.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I want LeBron to go to the Nets, that would be awesome. After a terrible season if they were to get LeBron to spark them they would be definite contenders, he'd have Harris, Lee and Lopez there as well who are all good players and with a real leader could become even better, then they'd still have some money left over for a couple other decent players.

I see Wade and Bosh going to the same team, or even if Wade stayed in Miami and they got Bosh that'd be awesome.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
Joe is staying in Atlanta! I'm glad he made the decision, he belongs in the A.
I would actually love to see Wade, LeBron, and Bosh play on the same team.
Bosh is an under-rated player in the league because he's played for Toronto his whole NBA career and I would actually like to see him win a championship with LeBron.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
Bosh is an under-rated player in the league because he's played for Toronto his whole NBA career and I would actually like to see him win a championship with LeBron.

Reaction score

Good for Joe, BAD for Atlanta at that price tag. Joe Johnson is a great player, but he, like Bosh, Boozer and Amare are second tier stars. They aren't max guys, but this is a buyers market so people are always going to get paid. Freakin' Darko got 20 million and he's a bust. I've alot to say about this...

Re Joe Johnson: He's a quitter. He straight out quit on the Hawks in the playoffs. He's not a max guy and he will never lead the Hawks anywhere past the second round. He'd be a great number two to a LeBron or Wade, but you can't build around a guy who is a public quitter and has never shown up for a big game in his career. There's a reason Phoenix let him walk and never missed a beat. The same applies to Rudy Gay. Memphis is absolutely dumb to give a one dimensional scorer 80 mil, he was ranked the worst defender in the league amongst those who played starter minutes. Yuck.

R.e Chris Bosh: He's not under rated, if he gets the max he's over rated. He's no better than Boozer or Amare, he just had more touches and that's why his scoring is only slightly better than Boozer. He can't post or defend stronger big guys and doesn't want to play center. And the worst thing is he relies too much on his jump shot and never enough on his post game, just like Rasheed except he doesn't have a winners mentality, that's why he wants to be the second fiddle to LeBron or Wade and exactly the reason he isn't worthy of the max. He's worth alot, but not the max.

R.e "The big two or three": The teams best suited to bring in two or three max players are easily Chicago or New Jersey. Miami has NOTHING left to put around anyone. Even if Bosh, Wade AND LBJ go to Miami, all that they have left to fill the roster are Mario Chalmers, Mike Beasley and a slew of second rounders. Easily the worst supporting crew in the league. Each guy is going to have to go for 30 a night to win constantly and that's not going to happen, not to mention Miami would have to lose Beasley, and NO ONE wants him, before they could sign all 3 or two or all of them are going to have to leave some money on the table and the only one from a character perspective who would do that is Wade. Still, the fact remains that they'd put an absolutely garbage supporting cast around them. New York has slightly more talent to put around them but Gallinari and Wilson Chandler are still somewhat project players and there isn't much else on that roster. Hence why the second tier players like Amare are going to wind up there. Good luck with that Knick fans, see how good Amare is without a play making PG to get him the ball.

New Jersey is a good answer because they are in the New York area, are about to move to Brooklyn and have a billionaire Russian Mark Cuban owner who wants to win. And most importantly, they have some young talent there. Brooke Lopez automatically cancels out the need for Bosh and he has a better nose for rebounding than Chris has and he can pass really well. Not to mention Derrick Favors looks like he is already NBA ready. They have a very solid point guard who has no problem deferring to the star in Devin Harris and Damion James was also a nice pick in the draft. Plus Courtney Lee and Terrance Williams were both scrappy combo wing players. Bring in James and maybe Boozer and a solid back up PG this team makes the play offs for sure and with the advancement of their young talent, could be contending in two to 3 years. Certainly they are in a better position than the Knicks.

But the best option for either Wade and/or LBJ is Chicago. No doubt. They have talent. Rose is a top ten PG, Noah is a smaller French version of Ben Wallace and Luol Deng is quite serviceable though he could be the odd man out. And there is some bench depth with Taj Gibson. With two max dudes they are possible contenders, no doubt. But I think Wade is a better fit than James because he doesn't need the ball in his hands as much as James does to be effective and Rose needs the ball to be effective as well. But I think for any team that is looking to contend and win championships, Wade is the better fit regardless. He just has more heart and a bigger winners mentality.

R.e second tier players: I'm not going to hate on the players, it's not their faults that desperate owners and GMs overpay guys like Bosh, Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson Boozer and Amare. They are great players, but to me, max players are franchise guys. LBJ, Wade, Dirk and Pierce are really the only max dudes on the market. Pierce is old, but he has mad heart, is a better defender than any of those 2nd tier guys I mentioned and is wily as fuck. Dude has diminished athleticism and has adapted quite well and can score in a variety of ways. He deserves what he gets. But I'm not as upset with the Johnson and Gay contracts as I am with guys like Darko getting 20 mill for 4 points and 3 rebounds or friggin Dwight Gooden getting 32 million for having been on 6 teams in 4 years. That's just bad and the reason why teams like the Wolves will remain in the cellar for years. Bad GMing got these bloated salaries to begin with. Just yuck.

Best available free agents still available:
1. Wade- if you want to win NOW, he's the guy
2. LBJ- if he had won something by now, he'd be no. 1 but you can't go wrong with either
3. Bosh- great, but not a max guy, he not wanting to be the no. 1 guy proves that
4. Boozer- when healthy better than Amare because he can make his own shot and guess what, he can play D
5. Amare- how will he do without a play making PG? We'll find out.
6. David Lee- hustle and heart, but if moved to a team with more talent, will his stats look just as good?
7. Louis Scola- restriced FA but could be the steal of the FA class if Houston doesn't resign him
8. Al Harrington- can score, but needs the ball alot and doesn't rebound well for his size
9. Ray Allen- OLD. But can still get it done. Question is, will he get it done for a fair price?
10. Vet. bargains- Shaq, Grant Hill, Richard Jefferson,Nate Robinson, Larry Hughes, Mike Miller, Jermain O'Neal and Allen Iverson