Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Cavs > Bulls in 4. - Cavs are just too good.
Magic > Bobcats in 5 - Don't care for this series, Magic easy win.
Hawks > Bucks in 6 - Really want the Bucks to win, could have with Bogut but I see Hawks winning.
Heat > Celtics in 6 - Fuck Garnett and the Celtics, D-Wade ftw.
Lakers > Thunder in 5 - Hate the Lakers but not even Durant can win this series.
Mavs > Spurs in 6 - Should be close, the way Dirks going the Mavs won't be losing anytime soon.
Suns > Blazers in 4. Blazers are all injured, Amare and Nash are goin' good.
Nuggets > Jazz in 7. They hate even records for the year and their teams are even too, its 1 - 1 right now, I see Denver somehow winning the final game.

Pissed that the Jazz won, hopefully the Nuggets bring it back, also really want the Heat to win, Garnetts out for the next game because of the elbow he gave Richardson.

Reaction score
Mavs > Spurs in 6 - Should be close, the way Dirks going the Mavs won't be losing anytime soon.

Dirk is the biggest choke in ALL of sports by a fair margin. Game 4 of the 06 Finals anyone??? The entire first round meltdown in 07??? He's an awesome player, he just isn't a winner when it matters, he doesn't have what Timmy has. That said, and with my holy allegiance to my home town team, I have the Spurs in 7. But the realist in me has the Mavs winning too, only because George Hill is hurt. If this was the same Spurs team that was the best team in the league two weeks ago when they greased the Celts, Lakers, Magic and Cavs in 10 days, then I'd have the Spurs in 6. Right now I'm divided. If Hill can roll and Jefferson can just give us 10-14 points a game, we're gonna take this. Either way this and the Denver-Phx series are the only worthwhile 1st rd. series to watch and aren't totally predictable.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Cleveland vs. Chicago - Cavs in 4... They are that damn good.
Atlanta vs. Milwaukee - ATL in 5. They are just plain better then the Bucks
Miami vs. Boston - Miami in 7... Fuck you, Wade is the shit.
Oklahoma vs. Los Angeles - LA in 6 I love OKC and hate the Lakers but Durant and company aren't at that level yet.
Charlotte vs. Orlando - Magic in 6. Orlando is much to strong down low.
Utah vs. Denver - Denver in 6, Honestly I like them to win the West.
San Antonio vs. Dallas - Mavs in 7... Flipped a coin tbh
Portland vs. Phoenix - Phoenix in 6... As much as I love the Blazers being that they are the only NW team in the NBA without Roy they are going nowhere.

Reaction score
^ rofl I didn't notice the Blazers had won a game, I didn't think they would be worth following because the Blazers team looks like crap with all their injuries at the moment.

Agreed with Enzo, the Spurs could definitely beat the Mavs, and after their win not so long ago I could really see them beating them. Jefferson stepped his game up, he wasn't that great in game one but game two he played much better, Duncan, Ginoblli and Parker also played well. If Hill is able to play and play the way he was nearing the end of the season the Spurs should end up winning, but you can't count out the Mavs.

I'm really suprised and pissed off that the Heat lost to the Celtics when they didn't even have KG. People think the Cavs were a one man team with lebron, D-Wade is the only player doing anything for Miami, they need Beasley to start playing well and then hopefully the rest of the team will put in a better effort.

Can't believe the Lakers beat the Thunder again, did you see how many blocks the Thunder got in that last game? It was crazy, Kobe was horrible throughout most of the game too, he started heating up in the second half but he still wasn't that great imo. Hopefully Durant can get a win or two for OKC.

Reaction score
its cool buddy just had to pick on ya. Honestly as hot as Phoenix was coming in....and with Roy out...I really figured it'd be a sweep too.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Cavs and Lakers both lost yesterday.... Innnteresting.

I'm saying it now... In 3 years (at the most) Kevin Durant will be a MVP.

Reaction score
The Thunder have more chance of beating the Lakers then the Bulls do of beating the Cavs, Thunder have looked relatively good throughout all of their games, the only consistent Bulls play has been Rose and they only just managed to win thanks to Hinrick having such a good game.

Can't believe Paul Pierce got that game-winning shot against Miami, D-Wade was hurt and wasn't on in the remaining seconds of the game. Heat are getting murdered this series, I thought it would be one of the closer series', its been disapponting.

Spurs lead Mavs 2 - 1, Duncan has been awesome, Manu's been pretty good too and Parkers starting to find form, he and Hill need to continue to contribute for the next could of games if they wanna keep the lead and win.

Reaction score
Well Spurs just waxed the Mavs. 3 first round exits in 4 years for the Mavs, that is just ugly. Proof positive that Dirk is the biggest choker in all of sports and that all the money in the world can't buy a championship.

And now I'm fairly certain the Spurs are going to wax the Suns too. There isn't more ownage in all of NBA playoff history than that of the Spurs owning that Phoenix ass. 4 times outed in 5 years by the Spurs, the Suns are certainly as good as done. The Mavs are better than the Suns, have worse matchups for the Spurs and still got ran over. The Suns are too one dimensional and if they want to run the Spurs have the legs to run with them and the Spurs have the capability to out rebound and defend them well. Spurs, as always with the Suns, in 6. Now, go Utah and out the Lakers. Spurs and Jazz in the West finals, Spurs in 6, Spurs-Cleveland Finals, Spurs in 6 too.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Lakers vs. Phoenix - LA in 5

Orlando is still waiting the winner of Bos/Cavs. Only way I see Cavs winning is if Rajon has a bad game, triple double in the first half in Game 4? That's pure talent.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Damn. Threads pretty dead for it to be the playoffs.

How bout Orlando huh? 8-0? That's what I'm talking about. I wanted to get the Cavs again next round, run through them again to shut the "King James" shit up, then get the Lakers in the finals again, but this time pick up the W. But Cavs is having trouble getting past Boston. Rondo has been on fire.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
My prediction is Phoenix and whoever wins the Boston/Cleveland series in the finals. Orlando is pretty fucking dominant, but so was Cleveland last year and look at what happened to them?

Klide

Reaction score
So if pheonix dosent win well be seeing a finals rematch. :(

Lakers/Orlando 2009
Lakers/Boston 2008

tbh I actually prefer Lakers/Boston between the 2.