Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
Magic 1-2
Man they looked great last night, but it was only against Sacramento so yeah...
MikeRaw said:
Is that against Detroit? I don't really pay attention to their schedule on game day, but anyways, I've been impressed by their record so far, and their play has mostly been good, but it's too early to judge anything yet. It's good to have a good start though.
Yeah Toronto plays Detroit on Wednesday. It'll be a pretty good game to watch.

Rell

Reaction score
The problem with Orlando is depth. They have a good starting 5, and a horrible bench. Battie? Redick? Anthony Johnson, Brian Cook? like cmon, who the hell are these people? With a bench like that, not to mention a starting pg who has no business starting, I cant see Orlando doing much of anything this year. Maybe a 6th or 7th seed playoff birth, at most.

Toronto looks nice, the Lakers have yet to give up 100 points :happy:

we're finally playing defense

MikeRaw

A potential blockbuster is in the works in the NBA as the Detroit Pistons are reportedly close to acquiring guard Allen Iverson from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for guard Chauncey Billups and forward Antonio McDyess.

ESPN is reporting that the deal is in the final stages that would send the nine-time All-Star to Detroit.

Iverson is in the final year of a contract that pays him $21.9 million this season while Billups is signed through 2011 and is currently earning $11 million. McDyess is making $6.9 million this season and has one more year remaining on his contract.

Iverson is averaging 18.7 points through three games this season, nearly 10 points below his career average.

Billups, who was born in Denver and played his college ball with the Colorado Buffaloes, is reportedly interested in continuing his career in his home state.

Soulpower

Word going around is that the Nuggets will waive McDyess, so he might be back with the Pistons in a month or two.

Rell

Reaction score
:sick: dont do it Detroit, Iverson is one of the worst defensive guards of all time!! Detroit of all places, should know Defense wins championships. Billups > Iverson, he's not as prolific as a scorer, not too many people are, but he's a strong guard who can shoot the basketball and defend fairly.

I like the trade for Denver tho

Soulpower

While part of me agrees with Rell, I understand why Detroit did it. They've won nothing since 04 (With Billups as PG), and with AI they finally have a big-time scorer for which others teams have to worry about. Not only that, Detroit will now have A TON of cap room once the season ends (Both AI's and Sheed's contract expire), which will help them get some players to rebuild once the season ends. Also, Detroit can save up their money for the summer of 2010. WHY?

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Redd.

All of them are Free Agents, and Detroit will have money to sign one (Maybe even two) of these guys. For now, I'll trust Dumars.

As for Denver its a good deal, because they finally have a legit PG, still, I don't expect their team to do much in the West.

Qwake

Iverson is one of the worst defensive guards of all time!!
That was harsh :smh

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! I only liked the Nuggets for having A.I and now my fave team the Pistons have him so :D

Although Billups was pretty good but this could be for the best of both teams, never know. So Rell, like, that bet doesn't count now because Iverson is with the Pistons so yeah :eek:

Pistons Vs Bobcats tonight, they should pwn the bobs!

exC.On

Reaction score
I think its a good trade on both the teams, Detroit could use a better scorer, only thing im worried about is hes known for his quickness and drive to the hoop and hes 32-33, but hes pulling out good numbers in the 3 games he has been in.

Carmelo and billups might mesh better and plays D.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i dont think the trade makes much sense for detroit but they wanted to get rid of billups cause stucky is gonna be their point guard of the future... i think it will help denver cause billups is better overall then iverson and it will help spread the ball around more then just having iverson and melo scoring all the points...

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
It isn't really a fair trade. Chauncey and Iverson are equal in my opinion but just giving away McDyess is stupid.
Now Detroit is pure offense now with Iverson & Prince as the 3-point shooters, Rip Hamilton as the all-around shooter, and Sheed for inside shooting & good defense.

Soulpower

but just giving away McDyess is stupid.

That's the beauty of it. McDyess doesn't want to play for the Nuggets. His contract will most likely be bought out, and he'll be free to sign with the Pistons in 30 days.

Soulpower

The absence of Chauncey was evident tonight. I mean, Detroit only beat the Bobcats by 18 points :shifty:

PeepShow

Half of the Bobcats team is like college all americans from 5 years ago. Okafor, May, Felton, Morrison, and Dudley. lolz