Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Get em Dwight.

Get the refs:
-----------------
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 2h
Dwight Howard on foul trouble in Game 2: "I thought the flopping rule was going to be put in this year, but I guess that's for next season."

Get Dantoni fired
-------------------------
Dave McMenamin - Dwight had a pretty thoughtful answer when asked if the NBA season was too long in light of all these injuries ..."I’m not going to get into that one," Howard said after Lakers shootaround Friday before Game 3 against the Spurs. "Injuries happen and a lot of fatigue causes injuries. When you play a lot of minutes and you do a lot of stuff on the floor, those muscles, tendons and all that stuff break down. Even though we’re professional athletes, we’re still humans and we got to take care of our bodies. We also have to give our bodies rest. It’s crazy to see what has happened this year, looking at a guy like Russell (Westbrook) who has never missed a game in his career and he goes down. It just takes one second. That’s why we always have to be thankful to be able to play this sport and remember that we’re all blessed."

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I like Metta's comments after game two talking about not making excuses and not looking for a cop out. It still applies here.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm not making excuses for the injuries ... I just don't want Dwight to get hurt too. Some of the shit he's getting hit with is bs. Shaq didn't have his patience, he would've drove his elbow into one of the flickers jaws with the contact the refs allow and tell him play on.

They are out gunned, even more out coached, but damn it the fouls involving Dight are ridiculous. How the hell can you say that's not a foul or call Splitters flops and then T him up for dropping the ball in frustration over handing it to the ref? I wouldn't blame him if he hauled off and threw a hard elbow to someone's head the last game and say oh well

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I can't really comment on the foul part since I didn't see the game but does look like Dwight is getting clotheslined by Bonner in that pic though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Weirdest stat is 18/20 fouls Dwight has committed as offensive. If you let them hit him, let him hit them back. You can't tell him play on, and then call him for pushing them off his back and neck. He should haul off and lay a spur out in their ass in game 4, nothing to lose, just lay their ass out and tell the media he's tired of the hits he takes so the league office goes on notice. I just can't see Shaq, Barkley, Karl Malone not busting someone in the face with a bow in his place and taking the suspension to protect their health

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well he isn't that kind of breed of big men like they were esp in their era where most of the hard fouls now back then were the norm. Would surprise me if he came out with a mean streak even though that is what he needed and needs to do.

And jesus just saw the Boston highlights what the fuck they are playing some of the worst offense I've seen in the playoffs in a long time these past few games. This should kill the notion that the Celtics could possibly be better without Rondo than with him like Skip tried to say weeks back.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Lol JVG said the bOston fans need to be chanting offense, not defense.

As for Dwight, you're right, but its just mind boggling he takes those hits, let alone 18 out of 20 fouls he has committed are offensive. I have a hard time thinking Dwight's only made two defensive fouls the whole damn series

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Think I might just sig every SAIYANS post in this thread for future reference/ridicule.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Hey Psych, them Lakers still going to upset the Spurs? It was too easy to see this was coming, San Antonio has so many weapons and Parker continues to play at a high level. Duncan is still playing like he's 27 rather than being 37. This series was never going to be competitive, but I'll never forget you saying how the Lakers will give them serious problems. Hate on the refs all you want, but all three games haven't been very competitive in the end. No excuses, just accept that the team flopped this season and move on to next season.

Also saw you say Durant isn't that great. LOL

SAL

Reaction score
"Carmelo Anthony is better than Kevin Durant" somehow catapults, well, everything else PSYCH's said about basketball lately as the Dumbest Basketball Opinion Ever.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Better at taking 65% of his team's shots and making 33% of them on a good night, if that's what you mean.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
"Carmelo Anthony is better than Kevin Durant" somehow catapults, well, everything else PSYCH's said about basketball lately as the Dumbest Basketball Opinion Ever.
Saying the Lakers would easily beat the Spurs was worse.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yes Carmelo Anthony is better at the game of basketball. Better scorer, better foot work, better post game, better rebounder, and never had another perimeter threat before JR this year to draw attention from him. Would take Melo everyday over KD to win a game. And Melos d in the WCF is better than anything KD has done on that end for a playoff series

Hey Psych, them Lakers still going to upset the Spurs? It was too easy to see this was coming, San Antonio has so many weapons and Parker continues to play at a high level. Duncan is still playing like he's 27 rather than being 37. This series was never going to be competitive, but I'll never forget you saying how the Lakers will give them serious problems. Hate on the refs all you want, but all three games haven't been very competitive in the end. No excuses, just accept that the team flopped this season and move on to next season.

Also saw you say Durant isn't that great. LOL
How the fuck and I'm supposed to know the whole damn backcourt would get hurt as well as Jamison? Ill admit I should have for seen Dantoni being stupid enough to start Nash and Pau being a inefficent pussy without Kobe, was stupid of me to try to overlook those two elements off blind hope.

That said I can't call it a fail year. A year of fuck ups, dread, and I never want to see again, sure but as far as the season goes I saw plenty from Kobe and Dwight. Dwight showed he's the next franchise big that Pau and Andrew could never be. Kobe showed without a shadow of a doubt he's still top 3 in the league because he could will such a team with inept coaches and the injured roster to a winning record in the western conference by just being a stubborn bastard which means he has more in the tank.

Not foolish though, I expect a reload, not a rebuild. Lakers never rebuild, they reload, and I expect Pau and Metta to be elsewhere barring Metta opting out and taking a pay cut. I expect Pau to be dealt for depth and role players who can fit around Kobe and Dwight like Fisher, Fox, and Horry did. I also expect Dantoni to be fired, but I get this sinking feeling it will be for Byron Scott.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yes Carmelo Anthony is better at the game of basketball. Better scorer, better foot work, better post game, better rebounder, and never had another perimeter threat before JR this year to draw attention from him. Would take Melo everyday over KD to win a game. And Melos d in the WCF is better than anything KD has done on that end for a playoff series

How the fuck and I'm supposed to know the whole damn backcourt would get hurt as well as Jamison? Ill admit I should have for seen Dantoni being stupid enough to start Nash and Pau being a inefficent pussy without Kobe, was stupid of me to try to overlook those two elements off blind hope.

That said I can't call it a fail year. A year of fuck ups, dread, and I never want to see again, sure but as far as the season goes I saw plenty from Kobe and Dwight. Dwight showed he's the next franchise big that Pau and Andrew could never be. Kobe showed without a shadow of a doubt he's still top 3 in the league because he could will such a team with inept coaches and the injured roster to a winning record in the western conference by just being a stubborn bastard which means he has more in the tank.

Not foolish though, I expect a reload, not a rebuild. Lakers never rebuild, they reload, and I expect Pau and Metta to be elsewhere barring Metta opting out and taking a pay cut. I expect Pau to be dealt for depth and role players who can fit around Kobe and Dwight like Fisher, Fox, and Horry did. I also expect Dantoni to be fired, but I get this sinking feeling it will be for Byron Scott.
Pretty sure this guy named AI played with him for a few years being a top scorer but discrediting somebody cause they have help is stupid esp coming from a Kobe fan. Don't know where you got better rebounder from since if you check their numbers Durant has been better. Carmello might have the more complete scoring ability but Durant has been the best scorer for 3 straight years before this one. Also Durant blows him out of the water as far as efficiency goes. Man is a 6'10 perimeter player shooting 50/40/90 this year. Doing some research Durant has actually hit or assisted on more clutch shots than Melo has since he has been in the league. Their defense is pretty much a wash since he just started getting better at that after having so many years of not giving one fuck about defense. So to break it down Durant is quicker, better ballhandler, better playmaker, better shot blocker, better ft shooter, better 3pt shooter, better rebounder, more efficient period, more versatile. Will give Melo strength, driving and post game.

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
PHX pretty much covered anything when it comes to Melo and Durant. Melo has really improved this year, but he's not better than Durant. Most of your explanations about Durant connects with Westbrook's role on the team. Durant has Westbrook, while Melo has Raymond Felton who is massively inconsistent.

Anyway the Heat swept and the Lakers got swept in predictable fashion. Dwight Howard is an absolute fool, I feel bad for the Laker fans who bought his jersey. What happened to the Dwight of 2009-2010 carrying the Magic to long playoff runs including an NBA finals appearance.