Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
A nice little rant. I honestly can't wrap my mind around people calling the promoters(Or the fighters, for that matter) stupid for setting up good fights.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'm very interested to see what is next for Nate. I heard GSP's camp is pushing for a fight w/ Nate. Cerrone II could be a good match up. A title shot seems farfetched.

Conor vs Frankie should be the booking on the other end of things. Fuck Aldo.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I did like Aldo until he started saying Conor didn't have power after getting slept in 13 seconds. I still think he can beat Conor however Frankie deserves it and is a stylistic nightmare for Conor.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You win the door prize for being the millionth person to say Frankie is a stylistic nightmare for Conor, but I don't see it. "good wrestler with amazing cardio" is the idea of most, but we shall see. I don't think Frankie has anything for Conor on the feet and Frankie is going to have a lot of trouble dictating the distance. Even if Frankie is able to land a couple of takedowns he isn't going to finish Conor on the ground. Conor keeps him at the end of his left straight and TKOs him by the 3rd at the latest.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
OMG a prize? :yay: Seriously though, Frankie fought some huge guys at 55 and found a way, what makes you so confident in Conor?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Who did Frankie fight at 155 outside of Bendo that probably wouldn't be a 145r in todays landscape? BJ & Maynard were more 145 than 155... Sherk was 5'6. I don't think Frankie has fought any elite striker as long as Conor, or even close to it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Maynard was heavier than Conor according to this (conor at 168 against Nate, Maynard was 172 before dropping weight for a LW fight Interview with Gray Maynard ) Has he had a FW fight? Whilst searching for his weight I found a report saying he was going to move down, but it'd involve him dropping mass as well as a cut.

Sherk was also heavier: 12 Questions for Sean Sherk - Career Reflections he says he 175 here.

Penn is probably the closest to Conor given his boxing ability and 70 inch reach (4 inches less than Conor admittedly) but it's not really about finding someone as long as Conor it's a case of finding someone who's used to fighting at the disadvantage, Frankie seems to be the best case of that. Plus he took power shots from the heavier guys above, which is a big factor, Conor himself saying the extra weight of his opponent was a factor against Nate.

Maybe I'm buying into the hype from multiple MMA communities but I just see Frankie as having the style to beat Conor.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I've seen Frankie come out and get beaten up in two separate first rounds by shit striker Gray Maynard. Conor obliterates the lad

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Old video but I'm just coming across it now. I smell what Diaz is cooking.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Jon Jones Arrested, Jones' Attorney And UFC Comment

Things just got worse for Jon Jones. The former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion was arrested today following a probation violation last week after a traffic stop.

Jones said that he saw a fan at a red light and he said that the revved his engine to acknowledge the fan. When he took off, the police officer pulled him over and cited him five times, including for drag racing.

Who has denied drag racing, is serving an 18-month supervised probation period in relation to an agreement he signed last September related to a hit-and-run incident.

Jones was arrested Tuesday and booked into an Albuquerque, New Mexico detention center for the violation.

Jones' attorney, Vincent Ward said: for the police to be correct, the judge is going to have to find Jon revving his engine constitutes drag racing. He wasn't speeding, he was not driving recklessly. All Jon did was rev his engine to acknowledge a fan."

Jones is scheduled to face UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier on April 23 at UFC 197. The UFC released the following statement.

"UFC is aware that Jon Jones turned himself into the Albuquerque Police Department this morning for a potential probation violation stemming from a traffic stop last week," the organization said in a statement issued Tuesday. "UFC has been in touch with Jones' legal team and will have no further comment until the organization has had appropriate time to gather necessary information."

Wow, the dude just keeps getting in trouble.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Cruz and Faber feud is so money

I like both guys but Faber has been my dude since I got into the sport over a decade ago.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Didn't someone die from his camp or fighting someone from his camp. Wouldn't surprise me if he did leave after 200, especially if he loses to Diaz again.