Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
CM Punk Also Not Fighting At UFC 200?, UFC President Dana White Says MMA Will Be Tough For Him

As noted earlier, UFC President Dana White revealed that Ronda Rousey won't be fighting at UFC 200 because her upcoming Roadhouse movie has been pushed back. White appeared on Toucher & Rich and revealed that Punk probably won't be fighting at the event either.

"The CM Punk fight is probably going to be in June," White said. "UFC 199 is what I'm thinking."

As noted, White revealed that Punk would be facing UFC newcomer Mickey Gall (1-0), provided Gall wins his fight against fellow UFC newcomer Michael Jackson (0-0) on theUFC 196 prelims on February 6th.

"I actually just found [Punk's] opponent, a kid from Philly named Mickey Gall." White continued, "Mickey Gall is going to fight on February 6th on UFC Fight Pass prelims - the main event of that card is Cain Velasquez and [Fabricio] Werdum for the heavyweight title - and if Mickey Gall wins that fight, CM Punk will be there watching that fight and Mickey Gall will be his opponent."

White noted that Punk will have a "tough time" in the organization, given his lack of athletic credentials.

"You know the guy has never fought, he's just started training and, you know... this is a tough business to get into [laughs]," White said. "When Brock Lesnar came into the UFC, you know, he had a serious wrestling pedigree. And not just WWE wrestling, legit collegiate wrestling. CM Punk doesn't have any of that. It's going to be tough for him."

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I don't really care for CM Punk in MMA. It's been too long, without any real development. More than a year after signing, he finally get's his opponent. Goes to show - get your shit together before you sign with an MMA league.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Sooooo RDA out and Nate in

fuck this

Fuck. This.

I have no desire to see my boy Nate battered by my boy Conor. Anyone see this going any way other than a Conor TKO after the first couple of rounds are filled with Nate refusing to defend kicks to the body? ugh

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Holy Jesus mother of God that counter-takedown Miesha Tate just wound up obliterating Holm with dear sweet damn that was awesome!

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I have no issues with Conor, but people were treating him like he was the second coming or some shit. Thank god that is over with and we can all go back to appreciating fighting without some above-average irish chap being brought into every discussion.

Mad props for Nate Diaz and his chin, and props to miesha for finally winning the big one(feel bad for holm doe).

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Conor losing that fight doesn't mean much. He had no business at 170, but even so he should have won the fight but he fought with his ego. Standing in front of Nate with his hands down the majority of the fight was trash. He wins this fight easily if he uses his brain

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Conor losing that fight doesn't mean much. He had no business at 170, but even so he should have won the fight but he fought with his ego. Standing in front of Nate with his hands down the majority of the fight was trash. He wins this fight easily if he uses his brain

Conor should stay a featherweight. I know ABC logic is shitty, but I can't imagine what RDA would have done to him at 155. It's not like Nate is a natural welterweight either, as this fight was just two lightweights not cutting water.

Honestly, I just don't see how this fight means little. He gassed out early and he crumbled quickly. Him trying to be Irish Anderson Silva may have had something to do with it, but I don't think being a little smarter would have changed the outcome that much. He had no punch by the second round, and it was clear. It was a embarrassing defeat for someone who said they could beat any lightweight.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lol hot take. I don't care enough about your opinion to argue on my phone

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This was my first time watching an actual UFC show but the two fights couldn't be any more different. Looked like Holly was trying to keep her distance and use her reach advantage, Miesha knew she had to get more aggressive in round 5 or lose the decision, so she found an opportunity and pounced... then Conor and Nate just went out there and wailed on each other lol. No defense.

Winner of this fight was one thing though: Weed. How else does Nate Diaz have the power to no-sell that much blood?