Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I suck at predictions, great shot from McGregor and Rockhold really surprised me when he got on top of Weidman. Weidman throwing that wheel kick was a real wtf moment, you aren't TRT Vitor.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
What an amazing card. Favorite fight ever. Love it

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Saw the Weidman fight as well as Aldo. Gutted for Weidman.
Going to catch The Van Zant fight later.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Weidman comes across like a bit of a fuck boy to me. Maybe I just naturally hate people from the East Coast but I was rooting for Luke hard last night.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
what a close main event

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Aldo vs. McGregor was a really, really close fight. :woo1:

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
That fight was bummer, jesus christ. Between that and Jacare getting robbed I think I need a drink.

On a positive note: both Luke "what's my nickname" Rockhold and my jiu jitsu waifu won, so it wasn't a clusterfuck.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Holm wants to fight again before Rousey rematch

lel
Dana White: Lets get Holly rusty so that Ronda can MAYBE win and be our ESPNSuperwoman again!

I can sort of understand his decision. He doesn't want to take even the slightest risk that Holm may lose before meeting up with Rousey in the octagon again. Eating a loss before her and Ronda's second encounter could not only prolong their rematch, but take some of the sting out of it as well if Holly has already lost her 0 and her championship to someone else before then.

If I was Dana, I'd be hoping that Rousey does win the second fight, though. More $$$$$$ in a rubber match.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Condit took a beating like a man on this last round. What a chin this guy has. Shame we can only have one champion, what a fucking war.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Looks like Dana White is gonna let Holly defend the title once before the Rousey rematch after all (and Holm and Conor will be on the same card, which is pretty great): http://deadspin.com/the-ufc-is-putting-conor-mcgregor-and-holly-holm-on-the-1751734186

Multiple sources confirm UFC will soon announce UFC 197 for March 5 in Vegas with Dos Anjos/McGregor and Holm/Tate.

What this means, friends, is that Conor McGregor—the UFC’s biggest star and current featherweight champ, who knocked out José Aldo, one of the greatest fighters of all time, in 13 seconds last month—is moving up in weight and taking on Rafael dos Anjos, the lightweight champ, for dos Anjos’s belt. If McGregor wins, he’ll hold two belts at once. This is nuts.

What this also means, friends, is that after head-kicking Ronda Rousey to the Marshall Islands in November to take the women’s bantamweight belt, Holly Holm will be fighting Miesha Tate, the best 135-pound women’s fighter in the world not named Holly Holm or Ronda Rousey. This, too, is nuts.

This is happening on the same night. It’s going to be violent and wonderful. There’s no non-dick-shitting scenario here. The UFC is the worst, except when it is the best.