Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Any worthy prospects?

This season is actually different, but I like the new format. It's gym Vs gym and filmed in Florida (Where both teams are based)- It's American Top Team Vs Blackzillas. Unlike all the previous seasons, the opponents aren't announced until the actual weigh-ins, so they basically have to hope that they get somebody that they can beat. The winner of that bout then earns home gym control in the next bout. And it's points based to determine the overall winning gym.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
TUF has to be the most played out concept on TV. Plus it rarely turns out decent fighters anymore. You could argue that the first few seasons of TUF put out more real fighters than the last ~15 or so seasons combined. Now they have TUF Brazil too, it is really oversaturated. TUF also makes us wait on big fights for wayyyyyy too long

One thing I would like to see is another comeback season like the one Matt Serra won. Not only was the season awesome and the concept awesome, it led to literally the ultimate underdog fight in MMA history w/ Serra beating GSP for the strap.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
TUF has to be the most played out concept on TV. Plus it rarely turns out decent fighters anymore. You could argue that the first few seasons of TUF put out more real fighters than the last ~15 or so seasons combined. Now they have TUF Brazil too, it is really oversaturated. TUF also makes us wait on big fights for wayyyyyy too long

This is why I haven't watched a lot of the TUF seasons (with the exception of the ladies strawweight season) This season has no eliminations and it's an entire gym that will win. Also, the gym managers feuding is pretty funny.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This is why I haven't watched a lot of the TUF seasons (with the exception of the ladies strawweight season) This season has no eliminations and it's an entire gym that will win. Also, the gym managers feuding is pretty funny.
I think the last season I watched was Rampage vs Rashad.

Season 5 is the GOAT. Nate Diaz my fucking smurf

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rampage/Rashad was like a pro wrestling feud. I'm fairly sure 90% of it was scripted heat, but who cares when it delivered gems like this

rampage_door_1.gif

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rampage was the GOAT MMA personality until Sonnen burst onto the scene

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

Random vid, but good for McGregor..

I swear to god man, my guys never win the big fight. Just once I want my guy to win the big fucking fight. Conor, plz beat fucking Aldo.

The only time I've ever felt like "my guy" was champion was Rampage when he first entered the UFC. Outside of that I am just constantly disappointed.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Well, both Belfort and Johnson got their asses handed to them. I'm almost retiring of this cheering for fights thing, I am probably 0-7 this year fml

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
-.- Fucking Rumble! good thing I decided to go against betting that one.. I did hit semi-good on Belfort losing though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Great fight from DC and an even better (short/sweet) post fight promo. Really happy for the guy. I knew Rumble was going to gas himself out going for the early finish. If he had a more conservative gameplan other than Round 1 headhunting the fight would have been more interesting. Great job by DC, what a fucking chin to eat those punches and his grappling doesn't disappoint, what a fucking load.

Didn't think The Chris would walk through Vitor like that... again, props to the chin for allowing him to absorb some tough shots from Vitor early. I don't particularly care for Weidman, but fuck, he is amazing. I hope Rockhold beats him but don't think he has a great shot.

also, get Cowboy a fucking title shot already. how many fights does he have to win in 2015 lol