Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Really glad Mirko won, he wasn't amazing during the first two rounds, but that third round was great.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Pretty much just watched the main card for the Mcahida vs Rockhold event tonight.. Main Event was Meh, VanZant vs Herrig was okay. Holloway trolling Cub during their fight was pretty classic and Souza dominating Camozzi wasn't quite what I was expecting.. well it was and it wasn't, I didn't think he would get submitted that early but I did know he would lose within the 1st two.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I haven't watched the semi-main or main, about to. I was super impressed by Holloway and OSP last night.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I missed both of the "preliminary" cards, the one on FOX and the one on UFC Fight Pass so I didn't get to see OSP's fight, but yeah Holloway did well against Swanson I enjoyed that one.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hmm... who will hold the title now that Bones is out? Rumble wants to fight for it so something tells me he's got either a good chance of winning it out of the gate, but then again someone could get it first and then Rumble would forcefully take it which would be my preferred option.. I just don't know who ? isn't he the #1 contender?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This sort of sucks. I wanted Jones to get his ass whooped, not self destruct outside the cage. Oh well. I think Johnson had a real chance to beat Jones, but now switching it up to face Cormier last minute could fuck with him.

No idea who wins. I could see DC controlling him with the grappling as the most realistic scenario

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
I'm probably one of the biggest Jones supporters you'll find and I'm his fan through thick and thin. Hope he takes a year+ off and come back a different man. Best believe when he comes back he's going to win his belt back.

DC vs Rumble is a great match up, I'm for sure rooting for Rumble, I can't stand DC's fight style. He's has had a number of boring fights and I'm really not trying to see that in title fights. If he does win people are going to miss Jon Jones' fights real quick once they see all the boring fights DC puts on.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Can't say I find DC boring personally. His fight with Mir was a stinker but beside from that he's been pretty entertaining. I dig how he blends wrestling with his boxing plus dem throws.

Reactions: Z.T.O

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
The Nelson fight was boring and the Hendo fight wasn't exciting either other than the few slams he got on a faaaar smaller old man who had no business being in there with him in the first place.

Not my style of fighter but I can see how somebody might enjoy it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I read about it, would never watch it.

The re-rise of Hunt was great, but time for him to take a step down in comp and knock out some cans before he hangs em up for good.

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
That Hunt fight was really hard to watch. The ref was obviously scared of getting the fans upset and his "Defend yourself Mark" was a bit irritating. The fight should have been stopped a lot earlier than it was. Hunt is one tough sob though.

Stipe looked good, completely showed that he has the skills for a title fight. I'm not sure he gets a title shot next though, but that's more because I'm not sure if Cain fights again this year lol.

Fight Pass is great! I haven't seen any of the old UFC or old PRIDE shows so it's pretty cool to be able to look back at those. I'm not sure if I'll keep it once the free month is up but right now it's a great value.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Knowing the result of the Hunt fight I ended up deciding not to watch.

Started watching the new season of TUF over the weekend though.