Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Conor was always getting the title shot. Frankie vs Also was pretty close wasn't it? Either that or he could change division either back up to 155 although that is pretty crowded or cit to 35 have a warm up fight then face off with Cruz/TJ winner. He doesn't cut a lot to get to 145.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Honestly can't even remember if I watched Aldo/Frankie or no.

I sincerely doubt he has any interest in cutting to 135. Dana basically forced his hand in moving to 145... he likes chilling at 155, not cutting weight and enjoying speed/cardio advantages at that class. That is the flip side of weight cutting that many people don't take into consideration. Sure, drop 25 pounds and get a big size/strength advantage, but you are costing yourself conditioning and quickness. Obviously Rumble is the biggest example of cutting as much weight to get the size advantages not being a great idea. Frankie is fine at 145, it seems to be the perfect middle ground, but 135 is asking him to change so much about his mentality and who he is/how he fights.

Personally I always thought this fight (Cub v Frankie) was a waste of time. Frankie vs Conor should have been the fight in January instead of these two BS squash matches we are seeing/will see.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
All things considered, this was the "biggest" MMA fight I've ever seen: (Sorry @Candy Colored Clown )

but I think Jones/Cormier will surpass that. The feeling I anticipate having when those two are finally in the cage ready to go is immense. cannot fucking wait

in the meantime WAR Lawler and El Nino next weekend. I would fucking fap if Gil, Robbie and DC were all champs in 2015

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I just want to see Jones thrown. DC seems to adore hitting those high impact slams and I don't see how Jones stops him ducking under and taking the shot. Elbows are out of the equation unless he goes Browne style (DC is too smart to fall for that) and I doubt a punch will help him out. His kicking and spinning shit moves are out too, ain't no one offering a leg or their back to DC and getting away with it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just want to see Jones thrown. DC seems to adore hitting those high impact slams and I don't see how Jones stops him ducking under and taking the shot. Elbows are out of the equation unless he goes Browne style (DC is too smart to fall for that) and I doubt a punch will help him out. His kicking and spinning shit moves are out too, ain't no one offering a leg or their back to DC and getting away with it.
I think Emelianegro can out grapple Jones easily. G&P baby. G&P.

If Jones somehow finds a way to neutralize DC's wrestling the fight then becomes very interesting, but I still think it is a toss up at that point. DC's quickness to close the distance and dirty boxing in the clinch could still pave way to victory in this fight for him.

I think a lot of people picture Jones just using his reach to keep DC on the outside to coast to an easy victory similar to the Evans fight, which is the last thing I anticipate seeing. DC is too good at game planning to let that shit go down.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
All things considered, this was the "biggest" MMA fight I've ever seen: (Sorry @Candy Colored Clown )

but I think Jones/Cormier will surpass that. The feeling I anticipate having when those two are finally in the cage ready to go is immense. cannot fucking wait

in the meantime WAR Lawler and El Nino next weekend. I would fucking fap if Gil, Robbie and DC were all champs in 2015

The fuck did I say? I don't remember. Mirko/Sakuraba maybe? Fedor/Minotauro?