Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Honestly after Philly jumped to a 3-0 lead I was getting a bit worried. But then after A-Rod's home run (that was a home run regardless of what anyone thinks) teh Yankees just got going and didn't stop. Mariano's 5 pitch save was something i honestly wasn't expecting. As long as CC pitches the way he has been pitching I believe the Yankees will go back to The Bronx up 3-1 and could close out The Phil's.

Travis40

I like how some people act like the Series has already been won....Philly is the defending Champion ffs....

straight_edge76

I am not acting like its over, I am just stating my opinion on how the game could go and IF they do win tonight, up 3-1 going back to New York there is a good possibility that they could close it out at home.

Travis40

I am not acting like its over, I am just stating my opinion on how the game could go and IF they do win tonight, up 3-1 going back to New York there is a good possibility that they could close it out at home.

I wasn't talking about you.....

SnackZ

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about you.....

hmmmmmmmmmmmm....someone seems a bit bothered by the fact that it is pretty much over. All the haters have been silent over the weekend huh???

So we have Lee tonight? Hmmmmm, after hearing about him over the weekend I kinda am disappointed in this guy. I mean after Game 1 I was like wow, this guy is good, confident and willing to do what it takes to win...THEN he bitches up and says he doesn't pitch on less than 4 days rest and doesn't step up to the plate to face CC yesterday with his team down 2 games to 1. That is unacceptable. Hopefully the Yanks are alive and bust out the whipping stick on his ass tonight and we get a celebration on their pretty nice field! I hope that AJ will surprise everyone and shut down the FEELTHESE and Lee will fall apart in the top of the first and give up 2 or 3 runs and take the heart right outta them, especially Rollins who said that his team wanted a sweep but wanted to be nice and give the Yanks a game and would end it in 5. Funny how he prob will be going home after 5, but with tears in his eyes. HA.

HA!

straight_edge76

Ok thats good lol. BB lmao

Well honestly going on tonights game I am unsure on Burnett being able to out duel Lee (which it will be, I see it turning on a late clutch hit by either Jeter or Utley). But even up 3-2 going back to the Bronx I do honestly believe that AP could win the series for the Yanks in game 6. Just like I thought.

Travis40

hmmmmmmmmmmmm....someone seems a bit bothered by the fact that it is pretty much over. All the haters have been silent over the weekend huh???

So we have Lee tonight? Hmmmmm, after hearing about him over the weekend I kinda am disappointed in this guy. I mean after Game 1 I was like wow, this guy is good, confident and willing to do what it takes to win...THEN he bitches up and says he doesn't pitch on less than 4 days rest and doesn't step up to the plate to face CC yesterday with his team down 2 games to 1. That is unacceptable. Hopefully the Yanks are alive and bust out the whipping stick on his ass tonight and we get a celebration on their pretty nice field! I hope that AJ will surprise everyone and shut down the FEELTHESE and Lee will fall apart in the top of the first and give up 2 or 3 runs and take the heart right outta them, especially Rollins who said that his team wanted a sweep but wanted to be nice and give the Yanks a game and would end it in 5. Funny how he prob will be going home after 5, but with tears in his eyes. HA.

HA!

.....so much for Lee giving up 2-3 runs in the 1st....I actually feel bad for AJ.....

SnackZ

Reaction score
Dayum - if not for AJ we might have come back, wtf is up with Texiera, if he gets on arod comes up and prob hits another double or even a home run. Lets see if we can close this out in game 6 at the Stadium - it will be rocking.

straight_edge76

I picked Yankees in 6 at the beginning. And I am sticking with it I do not have to work tonight dammit I am going to watch the game they better close out the Phillies.

SnackZ

Reaction score
They not playing tonight buddy - Wed night - you prob gotta work right??? Hoping we can close it out in 6. Don't want CC pitching again on 3 days rest.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm glad that there's going to be a DH again, it's going to make a huge difference for the Yanks. Matsui will be there to bail Tex out if he doesn't come through again. We didn't have that the last 2 games. And I just want to see Andy get 5 solid innings, that would be great. Hopefully the bullpen will be able to pitch well.