Official GTA IV Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vincent

Reaction score
Just thought i would contribute ,

GTAIV_Logo.jpg

( i think the picture is official not sure)

Grand Theft Auto IV (also known as GTA IV or GTA 4) will be the tenth game, and first in the fourth generation of the Grand Theft Auto video game franchise. It has been announced by Rockstar Games for release within February–April of 2008 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game is set in a redesigned Liberty City, based heavily on New York City.

Plot

Nikolai "Niko" Bellic is Eastern European, in-between 28 and 32 years of age and has come to Liberty City to pursue the "American Dream". Niko was persuaded to move to Liberty City by his cousin Roman, who claimed in multiple e-mails to Niko that he was living a fabulous life, with a mansion, two women, four hot tubs and fifteen sports cars; but he was in fact telling lies to hide his own failures, and in fact, has set up a small taxi business, for which he has plans of a job for Niko.
Roman is the only person Niko knows in Liberty City to begin with, and is one of his major connections in the first part of the game. Niko is a tough character, whereas Roman is friendly. Roman is heavily in debt and a lot of people are after him. He desperately needs Niko's support, hence the reason he deceived Niko into traveling to Liberty City. They are constantly bickering. It is later revealed that Niko has also been avoiding other, as yet undisclosed, problems at home.

Other Information

Rockstar Quote :
"virtually none of the characters from the previous games are returning, as a lot of them are dead anyway".

After the initial load sequence, no such occurrences persist when entering/exiting buildings or crossing islands. The extent of the loadtime-free expectation in the game has also been commented on, when a Rockstar spokesperson claimed: You can basically play the game from beginning to end without a single load screen.

The player will not be able to fly aeroplanes, unlike some previous installments of the Grand Theft Auto series. Helicopters, however, will be flyable onto any building rooftop. There is also a confirmed airport.

Bellic's outfit can be changed throughout the game; however, it will not be possible to customize his physique or hairstyle as in San Andreas.

Stealing a parked car can no longer be done simply by opening the door and driving off. Now it involves Niko approaching the car unnoticed, breaking the glass with his elbow, before hot-wiring it—only then can he use it. Also, there will be several animation variations to sneaking up to a car and breaking its window. The way Niko enters the car would look different each time depending where and how he is in relation to the car. Because of the NaturalMotion system used in the game, the way the character will approach the car will be completely random. The trunks of cars will also be utilized by the player, though specific details are unknown. Furthermore, players will be able to choose from four different camera views while in a car according to their needs. The player will also be able to control vehicles such as boats and helicopters.

The player also has the option of hailing a cab at any time, in order to travel to any address in the city. When riding in the cab as a paying passenger, the player has the option of viewing the journey from the inside, or skipping it to immediately arrive at the destination.

he Police AI and star wanted levels now operate differently. When the police are in search of Niko, the player will now have to avoid a certain radius marked on the map in which the police will be looking for him. The size of this radius will increase with the player's wanted level (the more stars, the bigger the radius) and also re-centers itself on Niko's location if he is spotted by the police. Instead of utilizing the 'Pay'N'Spray' as in previous games, Niko can now more realistically disguise himself by clandestinely changing vehicles in empty areas such as parking garages. Additionally, pedestrians can now report crimes such as car-jacking.

The gunfight system has been reworked to feel natural by utilizing a cover system similar to that of Gears of War, the reason being that the combat system in previous games was awkward and cumbersome

The player will also be able to perform a variety of new actions such as climbing telephone poles and fire escapes, pushing people who bump into him and calling women for dates.When selecting the mobile phone, a zoomed-in version of the mobile screen pops up in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and a list of several commands are made available to the player, such as "meet me here," etc.

Update Trailer :

[YT]KtTKuIOxf00[/YT]

Vincent

Reaction score
oh dear someone delete this then my bad *embarrassed*

Vincent

Reaction score
Well it seems someone likes my idea soo ill continue :D

Please excuse the double post

PeepShow

I actually didn't see another thread about this, but I could have overlooked it. So this is stickied.

LOL, I believe it's on the second page, but I really don't care. it wasn't getting as many replies as I thought anyways.

Vincent

Reaction score
so is anyone actually going to get this game , i probably will but only to see what its like this time around after vice city i didn't really take the game too seriously and just free roamed on San Andreas as the missions became really .. alike , i think its cool that this time around whatever you do in free roam supposedly can alter your story in the over all game.

PeepShow

^Of course Ill be getting it. The GTA games own. Nothing else much to say...

Vincent

Reaction score
lol i know hurrrm its not easy finding info either it all seems a bit ... done before you know what i mean

the dark knight

im gettin a ps3 next month just for GTA IV...

edit-
and yes, i know its not exclusive and the x360 version is gonna have downloadable content. FUCK microsoft and their stupid, ugly unreliable console.

Vincent

Reaction score
Hehe , i dont own one of thoese * rubs hands together* downloadable content sounds .... Awesome :)

Update Added :D:D

PeepShow

^Its still rumored for March or April, but no official on has been announced.