Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I find it pathetic that anybody blames the referee. If your team loses, it's not the referee's fault as they're not defending or attacking the goals.

It's a poor excuse that too many people use. Yeah, sometimes referees can have dodgy games, but they are NEVER the reason for a team losing.

I disagree. Granted, sometimes that's the case, but when decision after decision goes against your team, that's when blaming the referee isn't wrong at all.

Also, when both teams attack, and the referee gives a penalty for one team which shouldn't be one, and doesn't give a blatant one at the other end, that's when it's unjust.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
ALSO, another international break after the next set of games. Fucking fantastic. :side:

Reactions: 1 person

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I hate the international breaks.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Real Madrid are like Chelsea, you can't touch them without them running to Mummy referee tattling on you.
Bullshit that it's just those teams -

[video=youtube;Tc4aIRApCZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4aIRApCZM[/video]

[video=youtube;fAcNTcqWm8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAcNTcqWm8w[/video]
(Chelsea were screwed in this game)

[video=youtube;7Np5vm4Obxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Np5vm4Obxs[/video]

[video=youtube;ygmGIFz_EP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmGIFz_EP0[/video]

Decieving the refs and no one see's it. Typical Barca. Bah Americano...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I disagree. Granted, sometimes that's the case, but when decision after decision goes against your team, that's when blaming the referee isn't wrong at all.

Also, when both teams attack, and the referee gives a penalty for one team which shouldn't be one, and doesn't give a blatant one at the other end, that's when it's unjust.

But then isn't some of that just down to human error? I'm against people saying you shouldn't criticise officals, players are only human after all and with the amount at stake nowadays it must be hard sometimes, but I also think players go over board too often, and think that the ref has an even tougher job than them.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
3-1... good result in the end.

Awful first half. No tempo at all and the passing was pretty damn poor at times. It was only really in the second half that things really started to pick up. Cazorla came to life in the second half while Gervinho had a very solid game overall.

Great finish by Ramsey, love goals like that. I'd take them over 20 yard screamers any day.

Also, I love Podolski's celebration when he scores. What a tank.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
And I see Gervinho scored again what a terrible player hey Cork? lol.

Medo

Reaction score
Great win for Madrid, brilliant goal by Benzema and hat-trick by the best in the world

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
2 hat-trick's this week for Ronaldo, perfect way to prepare yourself for El-Classico on Sunday :y:

Man City/Dortmund was actually a better game than I thought it was going to be. Lewandowski should've definitely buried his chance when Dortmund were 1-0 up, as the pass was really good. City got lucky with the penalty in the end. And I still hope they don't make it out of the group into the next stages of the Champions League.

Aniking

Reaction score
Hang on guys, I never said referees didn't make mistakes. All I was saying was teams have 90 minutes to score and referees are not the main reason why a team concedes or doesn't score to win the game. When a referee's inconsistent, getting sucked into fouls that clearly aren't fouls, they're blamed for two teams having, say, a 0-0 draw when neither team is close to scoring. THAT's when it's pathetic and all that I meant. Just to clarify further, I don't just mean in drawn games either, so nobody pick at that.

Can't say I was overly pleased with Arsenal's win, but the 3 points is all we need and we got them. It was a better performance than the Montpellier game, but in saying that our first half in the final third was virtually non-existent all half. Our defence was a little sloppy too but it improved in the second without us being at our best. Moment of the night for me was Ramsey's finish.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hang on guys, I never said referees didn't make mistakes. All I was saying was teams have 90 minutes to score and referees are not the main reason why a team concedes or doesn't score to win the game. When a referee's inconsistent, getting sucked into fouls that clearly aren't fouls, they're blamed for two teams having, say, a 0-0 draw when neither team is close to scoring. THAT's when it's pathetic and all that I meant. Just to clarify further, I don't just mean in drawn games either, so nobody pick at that.

Can't say I was overly pleased with Arsenal's win, but the 3 points is all we need and we got them. It was a better performance than the Montpellier game, but in saying that our first half in the final third was virtually non-existent all half. Our defence was a little sloppy too but it improved in the second without us being at our best. Moment of the night for me was Ramsey's finish.

Maybe it is about going through the gears at the moment through like doing enough to get through but also holding your best back for the knockouts whereas if you were in a tougher group there would be less room to pace yourselves.

Pete

Reaction score
Great win for Madrid, brilliant goal by Benzema and hat-trick by the best in the world[/I]

You mean CM Punk's playing for Madrid now?! :O

But seriously...more like most overrated in the world.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Changing subject does anyone else think QPR might be in really danger of going down this season? They were close to going down last year and I don't think they are any better this time and have had an awful start. Losing at home to West Ham on Monday was a poor result.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Do I think QPR are in danger of being relegated this season? No. Looking at their team they currently have, there's no way they should be bottom of the league. But, they've had a few hard games and games where they probably think they should've won. Plus I don't think their squad has properly gelled together yet. I can see it being a case similar to last season in them struggling throughout the rest of the season, but in the end, come the end of the season I don't think QPR will 1 of the 3 teams relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.