Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Both teams have got the quality going forward, think it's all down to which teams defence puts in the best shift on the day. If Fergie goes with Scholes & Giggs then he's a fucking brave man because those two old timers, Carrick etc against the skill, pace and quality of Mata, Hazard & Oscar is pretty frightening. Should be a good game.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I am worried for our defence, I hope to god Carrick is not in defence again. Gutted that Kagawa is injured :(.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Chelsea are far too good and have a way better team, 3 - 0 IMO.

Terry is one of the worst defenders in the league nowadays so could easily be a high scoring game though.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't Terry out of the game? So Chelsea's defence won't be affected in the sense that he's one of the worst in the game? Saying that it could work out bad for them as their new set up needed some more game time together imo.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Isn't Terry out of the game? So Chelsea's defence won't be affected in the sense that he's one of the worst in the game? Saying that it could work out bad for them as their new set up needed some more game time together imo.

Yeah he's serving his four match ban.

With the exception of Guzan, Vlaar and Benteke Villa were really poor this afternoon. A home draw against Norwich with the start we've had and the matches coming up just isn't good enough. Even if we held on for a scrapy one nil that would have done me.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah Villa look shitty.

If I had to bet r/n I'd put money on them going down. Their squad looks horrible, even worse than the promoted sides, plus they don't even play Darren Bent anymore.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I said a few pages back possibly that Villa would be in for a long struggle. At this rate Paul Lambert will be sacked before they sort out the compensation and what not with Norwich 8D

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah Villa look shitty.

If I had to bet r/n I'd put money on them going down. Their squad looks horrible, even worse than the promoted sides, plus they don't even play Darren Bent anymore.

Thanks for that mate you sure know how to cheer someone up lol.

Dale with fixtures coming up against Man Utd, Arsenal and I think Man City you may well be right. All I will say is that it is still early and it is unlikely that will go down. We are having a good cup run, so an improvement on our league position and challenging in the cup should be enough to keep Lambert his job. Randy Lerner isn't normally one to make rash decissions.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Entertaining game today.

Mark Clattenburg definitely the man of the match, really gave Man Utd that extra boost.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Chelsea fans were a disgrace booing Rio.

How dare his brother get called a black cunt by Terry, huh. Dumbass fans just like the Stoke inbreds who boo Ramsay.

Suarez' celebration was great btw.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Great day of footy. Was expecting Liverpool to go on a rout once they went 2-0 but good lord did Everton rally. Great seeing that rat faced cunt Suarez be denied the winner aswell, beautiful. Personally I thought the guy who headed it back across to him fouled the defender so the goal shouldn't have been allowed anyway even if the offside call was wrong.

Seemed Fergie ended up getting his team selection right. The Ivanovic sending off (which was the right decision) definitley killed the game off for Chelsea as I reckon they would have gone on and won that game but I still can't decide whether or not the Torres sending was right or not, i'd need to see it a few more times.

Arsenal/Utd should be a great game too, wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar game to the one today. I'd like to see Wenger go with Podolski/Giroud/Walcott upfront with Arteta/Wilshere/Carzola in midfield because it's clear to see there's goals to be gotten against Utd. Watching Valencia destroy Santos for 90 minutes though is going to uncomfortable viewing.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Watching Valencia destroy Santos for 90 minutes though is going to uncomfortable viewing.

That's why I'd go with Vermaelen at left back next week. I do like Santos (how could you not love that chubby little Brazilian?), but I think he'd get roasted against Valencia. I'd like to see Sagna/Mertesacker/Koscielny/Vermaelen as the back four against Man Utd.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I forget when it was though, but Vermaelen didn't look all that great when he had his stint at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.